Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
yonny

Would you rather........

19 minutes ago, Gazlaaar said:

I agree on the heavy baiting (they'll come to me) syndrome.

Yup. Don't get me wrong, I'll put 10 kg+ in if I see activity that warrants it or past experience tells me I should. Some guys just fill it in regardless of what they're up to though. Big mistake.

Ive used a 3 ft hooklength under a mini spod on Clattercoat years ago.  Then I changed to a sinking method feeder float and fished down and up in the feed cloud.  Nowadays its more acceptable to zig fish in a cloud of sloppy bait.

22 hours ago, Gazlaaar said:

Actually, I wonder if anyone has ever thought of attaching a hooklink to a spomb, set up. When the spomb opens it would release you hookbait in amongst the free offerings. Length of rig would depend how deep you want to fish. The set up could be like a heli set up, but instead of a lead, you have a spomb.

The spodicopter. Bart and kev Hewitt did a feature on it around 10 years ago. 

On 12/06/2018 at 12:17, yonny said:

In fact, I found it refreshingly easy to get on fish (albeit slotting in here and there). What's more, there were swims free on fish for the duration of the weekend I was there despite the lake being absolutely packed out!

On my syndi it's a different story; if you show up to a car park with more than 4 or 5 cars in it you just know you'll struggle to get on numbers of fish. Those anglers are on it.

Would you slot inbetween anglers on your syndi yonny ? Or is there that unwritten respect ? 

11 hours ago, yonny said:

There is defo a degree of respect mate, that is a good point, I'd never do that on the syndi.

I thought that would be the case , I'm the same .  

Syndi & busy day ticket waters are two very different animals. I personally have the up most respect for anglers who consistently catch from the various well known big fish day ticket waters , it's definitely the anglers who go that extra bit who get the best results as you proved with your session .... although you do paint the rest of the anglers on the lake as noddies 😂