Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

baiting in silt....

13 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Rectangles?

Roll your base mix flat and trim the corners so it is rectangular, then boil the patty as it is. After boiling while it is still warm cut into suitable squares or chunks.

Alternatively form into blocks, wrap in cling film and boil, about 10 minutes, keeping the whole block under the surface. When it is boiled, cut into squares. The outer layer baits are often slightly buoyant.

Yes.... A much quicker option...……….

I've also gunned out sausages and boiled them in lengths...…. Once cooled cut into slices/discs...… Loads of leakage and good for hanging in the weed...….. TBH mate, I just wanted to play with my new nozzle lol, It's looking a bit shiny and new, and that just won't do ..🙂

5 hours ago, B.C. said:

Yes.... A much quicker option...……….

I've also gunned out sausages and boiled them in lengths...…. Once cooled cut into slices/discs...… Loads of leakage and good for hanging in the weed...….. TBH mate, I just wanted to play with my new nozzle lol, It's looking a bit shiny and new, and that just won't do ..🙂

New nozzle😆😅

I have used the disc option myself a few times when I used to roll my own.

Just made a technical error myself with some baits I made:

I was in Sainsbury's today when on 'special offer' I saw a pack of 300g sheeps liver for £0.81 and 250grams of Mixed seafood, mussels, squid and prawns for £1.50. Add in 6eggs and a pack of semolina, liquidise the meat and seafood, whack in an egg, 5ml of Garlic Oil and 3ml of RH Ultraspice and slowly mix in the semolina. 

Roll into balls and boil for 1minute 15seconds, leave on towel to dry on work surface, open kitchen windows, shut kitchen door on exit. On returning into the kitchen an hour later its full of greenbottles, I must have made Nick's houseparty for them.

They should attract every carp going I reckon.

17 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

New nozzle😆😅

I have used the disc option myself a few times when I used to roll my own.

Just made a technical error myself with some baits I made:

I was in Sainsbury's today when on 'special offer' I saw a pack of 300g sheeps liver for £0.81 and 250grams of Mixed seafood, mussels, squid and prawns for £1.50. Add in 6eggs and a pack of semolina, liquidise the meat and seafood, whack in an egg, 5ml of Garlic Oil and 3ml of RH Ultraspice and slowly mix in the semolina. 

Roll into balls and boil for 1minute 15seconds, leave on towel to dry on work surface, open kitchen windows, shut kitchen door on exit. On returning into the kitchen an hour later its full of greenbottles, I must have made Nick's houseparty for them.

They should attract every carp going I reckon.

Had the same in the garden yesterday when I opened up some hydro's, the flies came out of nowhere,... Always a good sign imo……. I remember making a bait up years back, didn't really know what I was doing at the time in terms of inclusion rates and certain ingredients replicating each other. But I do remember adding 40grms per kilo of some Vanilla wpc that my brother gave me, he was into fitness at the time and didn't like the flavour. Didn't matter where I put the finished bait to keep it safe, God's creatures got at it. Anywhere on the deck and the mice and rats would have it, up trees and the squirrels would find it. The dog I had at the time, would just follow me about for ages after I'd made some...…. Like I say, didn't really know what I was doing, but something in that bait got the attention of any living thing in the vicinity. It was a real confidence boost and I went on to catch a few on it.... I can't remember the exact recipe and even If I could, would probably laugh at it now, it was a hotch potch of FM,Milks and nut with the usual cheap binders and some plum and scopex flavours...……… Nowadays, the dogs get first refusals on any bait..... Some people say that dogs will eat anything, but it's the way they eat them and whether they want a load more...…. One of mine is really fussy (spoiled), If he wolf's a couple down and starts scratching at my leg for more, then it's a good sign imo.

Not an easy place for games, very high bad silt and a forest of underwater trees. Estimated silt depth over 50cm with different mass.  One of the hardest lakes i've ever been, holding some trophy fish. 

Here is a sort caption my mate recorded

Edited by manos

42 minutes ago, manos said:

Not an easy place for games, very high bad silt and a forest of underwater trees. Estimated silt depth over 50cm with different mass.  One of the hardest lakes i've ever been, holding some trophy fish. 

Here is a sort caption my mate recorded

This is very similar to the place I mentioned, haven't been over there recently to take any pics...….. The water I was talking about has the dead trees everywhere and they are exactly like those ones in the picture..

11 minutes ago, B.C. said:

This is very similar to the place I mentioned, haven't been over there recently to take any pics...….. The water I was talking about has the dead trees everywhere and they are exactly like those ones in the picture..

So you can imagine the difficulties about this jungle. Viewing the dead trees someone could think shallow depths but i have measured it  and its from 4 to 16 meters in some spots. Unfortunatelly still i havent found clear spots with enough area to put bait in (fish dont appear at the surface to eat our floaters) and as before, yesterday i didnt see other anglers fishing. Really a puzzle attracting more and more our attention,

20180629_111321.thumb.jpg.844d900ca021a1da44a96e653157f424.jpg

Think Gaz had it right early in the thread .... flaked maze , been feeding one of our lakes with it & it sinks perfectly for what you want . If you have a boat go out & whack it in by the sack full , as the spot hardens introduce what ever else you like to use .

That would be my approach I reckon . 

47 minutes ago, manos said:

So you can imagine the difficulties about this jungle. Viewing the dead trees someone could think shallow depths but i have measured it  and its from 4 to 16 meters in some spots. Unfortunatelly still i havent found clear spots with enough area to put bait in (fish dont appear at the surface to eat our floaters) and as before, yesterday i didnt see other anglers fishing. Really a puzzle attracting more and more our attention,

I think fishing the very edges would be a starting point, just to get a bait presented..... All the time trying to create a firmer spot somewhere else, as Chill suggested...… Not planned anything over there until August. But I will try to squeeze in a walkabout and get a couple of pics to show.....

The good thing is that no one really fishes there, so it may be possible to get something going on.

Edited by B.C.