Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
B.C.

What a cracking Roach

Well, I mentioned cutting short a session on the river last week. I'd gone with a youngster and conditions were dire..... Well check him out. He's only gone back a few days later on his own and caught a 2lb 2oz Roach. Proper wild river fish too...… A great catch from a nice young man and dead keen angler...…… Here it is.... Really chuffed for him. And makes a nice change from all the many carp pics we see.....

36621271_277757482968520_8287620966545096704_n.jpg

On 05/07/2018 at 20:44, B.C. said:

Well, I mentioned cutting short a session on the river last week. I'd gone with a youngster and conditions were dire..... Well check him out. He's only gone back a few days later on his own and caught a 2lb 2oz Roach. Proper wild river fish too...… A great catch from a nice young man and dead keen angler...…… Here it is.... Really chuffed for him. And makes a nice change from all the many carp pics we see.....

36621271_277757482968520_8287620966545096704_n.jpg

That's wonderful , BC , is this lad " a natural ? .

Book me in for one of your coaching sessions 😁.

Edited by crusian
Punctuation

5 minutes ago, crusian said:

That's wonderful , BC , is this lad " a natural ? .

Book me in for one of your coaching sessions 😁.

Yeah, he's just a real keen youngster, with the energy to roam the banks in this heat.... Think we were all like that as kids...… He caught that from the Chelmer, near the town centre of Chelmsford.... Urban Banx stuff by the looks of the pics he sent me...…….. Not sure he realises yet, the value of a 2lber from the river, having caught one at his age, he may well be thinking they are 10 a penny. There are also some good chub in that river 5lb plus...… I'm trying to get the info out of him as to where they are lol...….. My pb chub is 4.12, since I was his age...….🙂

6 minutes ago, B.C. said:

Yeah, he's just a real keen youngster, with the energy to roam the banks in this heat.... Think we were all like that as kids...… He caught that from the Chelmer, near the town centre of Chelmsford.... Urban Banx stuff by the looks of the pics he sent me...…….. Not sure he realises yet, the value of a 2lber from the river, having caught one at his age, he may well be thinking they are 10 a penny. There are also some good chub in that river 5lb plus...… I'm trying to get the info out of him as to where they are lol...….. My pb chub is 4.12, since I was his age...….🙂

The lad could be your Scout if he's got all that energy , maybe if you limped a bit and looked tired ? .

😃

2 hours ago, crusian said:

The lad could be your Scout if he's got all that energy , maybe if you limped a bit and looked tired ? .

😃

Yes indeed.. Scout cross Sherpa/ghillie …… The limp I can fix... Looking tired?.. Well let's just say I'm a natural 🙂

A cracking fish, the chub used to be in the town stretch,if I can remember correctly there's a park just as you get into town off the 130 coming up from the south , it's not very wide but used to fish well ...

On ‎13‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:14, cloud9 said:

A cracking fish, the chub used to be in the town stretch,if I can remember correctly there's a park just as you get into town off the 130 coming up from the south , it's not very wide but used to fish well ...

Yes mate, think you are referring to Central Park. The River runs alongside, not sure if its The Can or Chelmer, but they both meet up further down the town.... The park lake used to hold a decent head of carp many years ago, no monsters, but a lot of anglers cut their teeth on there. Daryll Peck mentions the park lake quite a bit in some of his interviews , when talking about his younger years...…. Unfortunately the lake suffered a fish kill a few years back, think there are still a dozen or so carp left , mid doubles.....

Went to school in Chelmsford and sometimes had the odd day off (cough ,cough)…. I would walk that stretch of river all day and pester any old boys that were fishing. Saw lots of fish, Chub, Carp, bream roach, Tench….. All decent sizes too. Not sure it's so prolific these days, otters and our Eastern European friends mainly to blame from what I hear.... And also, a lot of new business and residential developments on the banks of the river that used to be wasteland.... The fish are still there, just not in numbers...…. I was about 8st wringing wet back then and could walk for miles, bit different these days, especially in this heat lol.