Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cyborx

how to improve the forum IMO

my idea on how to improve the forum, DON'T ban the most prolific thread starters.

have you noticed how quiet the forum has become since the strange and unexplained banning of our most prolific member?

this member was always contentious, always controversial and always starting threads that attracted plenty of attention but unfortunately he always attracted the attention of others who seemed to derive great pleasure in denigrating, debunking, or just plain ridiculing his thoughts while giving each other a pat on the back for their apparent 'cleverness',

maybe he wasn't always right, maybe he wasn't always talking complete sense, maybe 'not every one' liked him but was this any reason to bully and berate him? NO!!

the thing about this ex members threads is, they ALWAYS attracted conversation, discussion, and arguments but is that not what a forum is all about? or is it a place where you can feel safe in the fact that no matter what you say and who you say it to you are a protected species, if this is you then you are in fact a bully.

a bully is not a nice person, a bully is a small minded person, a bully normally has no friends but plenty of hangers on, but most of all (imo) a bully should be drowned at birth.

due to the proclivities of the few we the many are being deprived of a great deal of knowledge and entertainment and i for one think that an in depth and truthful explanation should be forthcoming.

i believe that the inside workings, the machinations of the ones involved should be put up for open discussion on the forum.

wait for it!!!!!

images.jpg

Another way of ' improving the forum '  or getting more conversations going is to start more threads yourself  . Most forums in most subjects are in decline not just fishing ones .

The Mods have all ready said why the member was finally banned so not sure why your dragging this up. again

1 hour ago, cyborx said:

my idea on how to improve the forum, DON'T ban the most prolific thread starters.

have you noticed how quiet the forum has become since the strange and unexplained banning of our most prolific member?

this member was always contentious, always controversial and always starting threads that attracted plenty of attention but unfortunately he always attracted the attention of others who seemed to derive great pleasure in denigrating, debunking, or just plain ridiculing his thoughts while giving each other a pat on the back for their apparent 'cleverness',

maybe he wasn't always right, maybe he wasn't always talking complete sense, maybe 'not every one' liked him but was this any reason to bully and berate him? NO!!

the thing about this ex members threads is, they ALWAYS attracted conversation, discussion, and arguments but is that not what a forum is all about? or is it a place where you can feel safe in the fact that no matter what you say and who you say it to you are a protected species, if this is you then you are in fact a bully.

a bully is not a nice person, a bully is a small minded person, a bully normally has no friends but plenty of hangers on, but most of all (imo) a bully should be drowned at birth.

due to the proclivities of the few we the many are being deprived of a great deal of knowledge and entertainment and i for one think that an in depth and truthful explanation should be forthcoming.

i believe that the inside workings, the machinations of the ones involved should be put up for open discussion on the forum.

wait for it!!!!!

images.jpg

Miss the old git too mate. Life's full of different characters, adds colour to the world...…. We agree, or we disagree, no harm done either way...….. Even the most contentious threads can get people brain storming and lead to something completely different but useful...….  I felt that I got on pretty well with him after a confusing start lol (He's a 1 off, after all)……. I mentioned before, that I saw a lot of compromise coming from his side on various topics. At the same time, I saw, what I thought to be, others poking him with a stick. Someone with passion/stubbornness, call it what you will, is an easy target if you've got a stick in your hand imo……. Hope he's doing ok..

20 hours ago, cyborx said:

wait for it!!!!!

images.jpg

I think i know who your on about!

I gained allot of information from this person and good guidance.

Shame he's gone, IMO!

Andy

I speak to CM on a regular basis still, if anyone wants to then pm me and ill get you in contact. 

I think it's difficult to start threads on things as most of it has been explored already!! Or maybe the summer months people are fishing more and not over questioning things like they do in winter! I know I haven't even found the time to write my last two blogs and now my memory is lagging and i'm struggling to recall things!

I know for myself that I'm happy with my set up and bait and tactics so I don't need to ask questions, I tend not to stray from my chosen items of tackle either. Happy to wade in where I can though!!

Currently on a learning curve using a boat for my fishing and trying to kick start something on my chosen venue. Fished once in 5 weeks which is brutal but I dont want to jump the gun and spoil my chances. The rotary letter thread was a good one, maybe we should kick start that again as it is always an interesting read. 

On 12/07/2018 at 13:35, oscsha said:

Another way of ' improving the forum '  or getting more conversations going is to start more threads yourself  . Most forums in most subjects are in decline not just fishing ones .

The Mods have all ready said why the member was finally banned so not sure why your dragging this up. again

i fully agree on the sentiment about starting more threads myself but does that not apply to the other 100,000 members too? but as you have only been a member for a short while i wouldn't expect you to know how prolific the forum could be,, all seasons too not just winter :wink:

as for the party line that was put out as an explanation for the ban, that just does not cut it, the member his self didnt even know the true reason for it but he (and i am mentioning no names here) was the most prolific, most liked and yes, most contentious member in my 8 years of membership, certainly more prolific than the members who instigated the ban so excuse me if i do drag it up.

i personally feel that a full explanation is owed to the ones that benefited most from his quirky knowledge and sense of humor, if the MODS (not the members) decide that it isnt so then i will accept their judgement.

btw this post is governed by the same unspoken rule as all the others, if you dont agree with the content or if the content is not of interest to you then you dont have to read or comment on it.

On 12/07/2018 at 15:37, B.C. said:

Miss the old git too mate. Life's full of different characters, adds colour to the world...…. We agree, or we disagree, no harm done either way...….. Even the most contentious threads can get people brain storming and lead to something completely different but useful...….  I felt that I got on pretty well with him after a confusing start lol (He's a 1 off, after all)……. I mentioned before, that I saw a lot of compromise coming from his side on various topics. At the same time, I saw, what I thought to be, others poking him with a stick. Someone with passion/stubbornness, call it what you will, is an easy target if you've got a stick in your hand imo……. Hope he's doing ok..

agree mate, if you want to get in touch just pm me and i will point you in the right direction :lol:

All that threads such as these do is de-stabilse  a forum . Maybe ask yourself this , did the banned member lead to others leaving over the years due to his posting style ?

There are many reasons the forum could be quite the main one is that forums are a dated platform and have to a degree run there cause .

If you wanted a full explanation as to the whys of the ban then a pm to a mod would seem a better approach  rather then trying to stir the forum up , although not sure its anyone elses business .

the one thing that does seem a shame is his deleted posts rather than leaving the posts with his user name deleted and set as guest .

Come on Jonno cm was just as bad if not worse for causing trouble. The bait discussions got into such a state we didn't feel it was worth bringing anything up for discussion. Cm came across to being the end all and be all of fishing. No one else would ever have a carp more worthy than him, no bait would ever be as good as his and no other venue would ever be as good as the places he fished. A self appointed demigod, and it got right on my ****, and I'm not the only one who thought so. It ended up with him asking the same question over and over again, it was just worded differently. It got boring so I stopped posting, I've never let anyone get to me, I'd rather just ignore and move on but steve got to me a couple of times, so much so, I retaliated, which isn't me, so I [censored]ed off for a bit and left the forum alone. 

In the same token he did post some good stuff, and got the forum talking.

Take it from me being an x mod, it wouldn't of been a singular decision it would of been a majority decision, that I do know. 

I don't think raking up what has happened is going to change anything or make the forum any better, you just have to move on.

1 hour ago, oscsha said:

All that threads such as these do is de-stabilse  a forum . Maybe ask yourself this , did the banned member lead to others leaving over the years due to his posting style ?

There are many reasons the forum could be quite the main one is that forums are a dated platform and have to a degree run there cause .

If you wanted a full explanation as to the whys of the ban then a pm to a mod would seem a better approach  rather then trying to stir the forum up , although not sure its anyone elses business .

the one thing that does seem a shame is his deleted posts rather than leaving the posts with his user name deleted and set as guest .

not having a dig bud but how the hell do you know what PM's i have sent and to who? and as far as i know the only people who didnt like his posting style either told him one way or another or stirred up muddy stuff to the mods behind his back.

as far as i can see the only reason he was banned was because a couple of members on here decreed it to be so,

rather than an attempt to "stir the forum up" all i am doing is exactly what you advocated in your 1st post and if you dont think its your business why are you still posting on it? just sayin :lol:

Some people seem to have a problem with others disagreeing with them , I would suggest taking fishing up as a hobby to chill out  :)

@cyborx what do you hope to gain from this thread or is it just some sort of witch hunt ? 

no witch hunt, just after the truth for once and not some hashed together clap trap that was good enough to get the result.

aaaaand yep, same people seem to have a problem with others as they do with anyone who isn't up their derriere.

as for being chilled, couldnt be cooler but as said, if you dont see this thread as being your business why dont you go look for one that is?

there are 23,423 threads with over 298,000 posts between them, surely you can find one there instead of using this one in a vain attempt to wind me up?

9 hours ago, cyborx said:

not having a dig bud but how the hell do you know what PM's i have sent and to who? and as far as i know the only people who didnt like his posting style either told him one way or another or stirred up muddy stuff to the mods behind his back.

as far as i can see the only reason he was banned was because a couple of members on here decreed it to be so,

rather than an attempt to "stir the forum up" all i am doing is exactly what you advocated in your 1st post and if you dont think its your business why are you still posting on it? just sayin :lol:

This is going to be the last word on this thread.

He was not banned for just one transgression, he had had numerous warnings over the years, a few temporary bans, and on his return the same things would start to creep into posts again; insults, the be all and end all.

It was not just a few members on here, it was a decision by moderators, taken over a long term. If I told you that in the Moderators section of the forum there was a long running thread on his behaviour going back over two years. 

Now, not being funny, this is just stirring up more trouble, and insulting the Moderators who YOU seem to think did something just for the fun of it.

I noted Oscha's comments, unfortunately it is the forum platform that basically removed CM's posts, as at times some could be constructive

Havnt been on a while as I noticed the forum had got a little slow. Just come back to see carp machine is still banned it would seem? Seems a bit harsh. Had long enough on the naughty step hasn't he? Not out to ruffle feathers but he was well liked on here and a prolific poster. With some great advice I'll add. When does his ban finish?

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Havnt been on a while as I noticed the forum had got a little slow. Just come back to see carp machine is still banned it would seem? Seems a bit harsh. Had long enough on the naughty step hasn't he? Not out to ruffle feathers but he was well liked on here and a prolific poster. With some great advice I'll add. When does his ban finish?

heya Danny, (take no notice of the trolls) :lol:  he wont be back bud, permanent ban caused by steve being steve.

if you need any CM specific advice just chuck me a PM and i will put you in touch ok :wink:

as for ruffling feathers, try it sometime its fun :lol::lol: