Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Reedy11

What Rig? Helicopter?

Hey everyone,

long time no post!

I’m going to France in September to fish a lake called Val D’or. I’ve heard it’s clay with patches of silt and gravel but also that there’s weedy areas so a bit of a mixed bag.

For the last few years I’ve had quite a lot of success using inline leads catching me my PB 34lb in a gravel pit.

Ive recently started experimenting with new setups using helicopter rigs and have had a bit of success.

Fishing a new water I’m looking for some advise on your experiences using helicopter rigs, I was conisderIng Korda Kable chod leader with heli set up, tied boom section and a stiff hinged rig with a bottom bait/pop up snowman set up. Are there any situations where this wouldn’t work or have you got any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jason

On 28/07/2018 at 17:40, Reedy11 said:

I was conisderIng Korda Kable chod leader with heli set up, tied boom section and a stiff hinged rig with a bottom bait/pop up snowman set up. Are there any situations where this wouldn’t work or have you got any other suggestions?

The stiff hinge is a pop up rig bud.

If you want to fish a snowman have a think about a simple fluoro D rig.

8 hours ago, yonny said:

The stiff hinge is a pop up rig bud.

If you want to fish a snowman have a think about a simple fluoro D rig.

This is the kind of rig I mean, helicopter with long boom section I believe it does have a pop up on

3A6D6283-74F4-4474-A4DC-5C728D922D4D.jpeg

Edited by Reedy11