Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
cloud9

there's a snake in my swim...

So I managed to get out for the night on Friday after work, all set up and both rods out on the spots , around 8 o'clock I was standing next to the bank looking out at the lake, when something caught my eye down by my feet in the water, it was a snake!! Probably around 18 inches long it swam out of the reeds on one side of the swim and into the reeds on the other, it was pretty quick and I only got a quick glance at it but I'm guessing that it's a grass snake , I went on to have a pretty good session 8 fish landed, I packed up earlier than planned at 5.30am the ducks decided to have a fight and for about half an hour before the moorhen had been swimming in to my lines, setting the alarms off, I was just knackered from a sleepless night, but it was great to be out on the bank again landed a few fish and went home to bed happy as a sandboy ...... didn't see the snake again..

Sounds like a grass snake mate...…. I may have mentioned recently that I had one come through the back of the brolly, under the bedchair and through my legs, and straight into the water in front of me...……. Doesn't matter how well designed your brolly is, you will still hit your head on the spokes if this happens ...lol.

Biggest shock of all is you packing up and leaving the lake at 5.30am 😱😱😱

Jenna Coleman could be waiting at home in stockings and suspenders and I'm afraid she'd have to wait another 4 or 5 hours.

😉

Edited by smufter

I was once sitting in a swim looking for fish when a big old grass snake slithered out of the undergrowth and came right up to me to grab a frog that I didn't even realise was sitting there a foot or two away from me. It then reared it's head and slithered back into the undergrowth with this frog struggling away. Was amazing.

What surprised me was that the frog screamed, no joke. It sounded like one of those little squeeky toys you give to pets.

It's little things like that that most folk will never, ever see.

I've also seen a mole swim!