Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lumeymorris

Night fishing in between work

Guys how would you go about fishing nights inbetween work as I'm going to be working a month straight so won't have any time for fishing unless I go in between work and fish nights. But I tend to struggle with getting bites through the night so any tips on how you would approach fishing just nights in between work would be great. Also the lakes a commercial with a no good bailiff who just wants your money so can't get away with leaving my stuff there to keep the swim and rest it during the day. So I'm likely to be fishing different swims each time.

Fishing different swims each time means you’ll be able to turn up, find fish and fish for them. Wouldn’t worry too much about that! 

I’d find the fish, get set up. Flick singles over the top and feel for a drop. Light leads to minimise disturbance and a couple handfuls of boilies catapulted or throwing sticked around. 

My main aim would be to minimise disturbance and fish for a bite at a time. Regularly baiting a swim no one ever fishes might work though. 

Agree with Vik. Get yourself on fish and set up. It's all you can do.

Travel light and keep organised. Makes it much easier in the morning to get up and go to work.

Be ready to walk away from fish at bite time. It's a killer.

Try to find the fish before setting up, and be as tidy and organised as you can through the night. Packing up is a real grunt, so you don't want to be faffing around. You also may have to be prepared for packing away wet smelly gear, as well as leaving at bite time.

Minimise your gear, if you are needing a trolley for a walk to a far away swim, then go with it, but the less you can take the better, just don't jeopardise your comfort or health.

To some extent you don't want to be carrying bucketfuls of bait. At Earith I used to take 1 or 2 kilos of boilies in my rucksack. I'd fish stringers or with a few freebies  around them, and put the rest in around the lake as I left.

Hi mate,

This is my life. I go after work and go straight to work the following morning once a week, Rain or shine, Right through winter in the snow. Its a ball buster but the results are worth it. Main bit of advise...Take notes, dont be afraid to lead the swim to a foam sacrifice your first session in a swim and play the long game. In future visits you can turn up Know your spots and quietly bang a rig straight on them. Next bit of advise, When you turn up, dont just look for fish, talk to every angler on the bank. it builds a picture, a picture of where the fish are showing, Of whos been catching and noting information like this will help you start to plot the lake out.

I used to turn up to the lake, Pitch black, Pick a popular swim and set up there, leave in the morning without speaking to anyone...Although you will get some real rubbish from people, There wll be some nuggets of gold, sorting the gold from the rubbish will get easier the more people you speak 2.

Lastly, You have limited time on the bank, make sure your rigs are made and baited, Your PVA bags/stringers/mess are all prepared/ If your going to spod have all your ingediants mixed and ready to go. Rods before shelter.

A very hard way to fish, very tiring too, especially if you have the good fortune of catching. I would suggest just taking what you absolutely need, and keep it basic. Pack up in the morning, leaving yourself enough time to get sorted ready for work without stress.

I found fishing consequtive nights throughout the week was too tiring, so I fished every other night, so that I got some proper sleep, and felt refreshed etc. Having said that, if you started having action, it’s hard to stay away.

The biggest factor with limited time is, to try and locate the fish, then you can angle in whatever way suits the situation, zigs are always worth a shot. I’ve caught on zigs, summer, winter, day and night. Don’t over complicate things, decide on a plan and give it a fair go before trying other methods etc.

Worms and maggots can be deadly in the right situation.

Good luck with it, anybody fishing this way for any amount of time, has my utmost respect.

1 hour ago, The Compleat Angler said:

A very hard way to fish, very tiring too, especially if you have the good fortune of catching.

Never bothered me that..... either you blank and sleep well or you catch and don't care how tired you are lol.

53 minutes ago, yonny said:

Never bothered me that..... either you blank and sleep well or you catch and don't care how tired you are lol.

Its hard when the lakes full of tench or silvers can give you a very restless night. But im more then happy to go to work shattered if i have banked a few carp!

20 hours ago, yonny said:

I think the type of job people do will give varied effects from lack of sleep. I am in the building trade, and my job is very physical, and not getting enough kip, starts showing as early as mid morning with me. It’s worth it if I catch, especially something a bit special. I don’t do it anywhere near as often as I did when I was younger though.

10 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I'm at the lake now.

It's thunder and lightning and I've got to be off by 6 for work.

I'm gonna be shattered but I don't care.

It's my therapy. 

Lightning and 12ft of carbon not a good combo , be care full  fella !