Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
carpyian

anyone used NGT ITEMS ANY GOOD OR RUBBISH ????

To be honest the subject of NGT is a bit if a double edged sword for me. 

Cheaper tackle thats blatantly copied.

You have the first argument of (carp tax) I won't go into that one but everybody understands.

Then you have the argument of why shouldn't a tackle company charge the money they do. They spend time and money developing and testing products, which aren't always successful, and then you have some cheap little upstart copy company ripping all of your hard work off, 

I get that money is a major issue with a lot of anglers but I also don't like funding companies that are just there to make money out of everyone else.

Personally, I keep away from their gear but price is king to a lot of people and I would never begrudge anyone for using them.

Edited by Gazlaaar

Honestly...i bought a FULL 3 rod setup around 14 months ago...Screenshot_20180817-210125.thumb.png.fb01e481cbb1e2f9fb3b8050c9173ac6.png

Since that time ive got rid (upgraded) most bits but kept some...there luggage bags are quite good...

Upgraded rods (kept these for my sin)..reels..pod..rod bag..scales and terminal...

To start off its ok but as a starter to progress upwards with your gear.

There DYNAMIC range is better quality i think...there new Dynamic Wireless bite alarms look a tad lime Delks...

There NGT fortress bivvy has 50/50 reviews also.

2 hours ago, carpyian said:

hi all anyone used ngt items are they good value or not ??

Haven't used their terminal tackle but have used a few other bits.. I bought one of their little neoprene bivvy light cases and it's fine...…… I also had one of their bed chair bags, nicely oversized and not bad quality, have since passed it on to someone else since scaling things down a bit...… One thing I've been using for my last couple of trips, and something I'd recommend is the NGT XPR insulated brew kit bag..... Brilliant little bag, very small but big enough to squeeze stove, large gas canister and tea stuff, plus a few other foodie bits in...….. My kettle sits inside a frying pan and you can secure these 2 items under the elastics on top. There is also a mesh pocket inside and 2 outside plus a larger external pocket.. I just like to have tea kit and stove in a separate bag so that it's on hand and easy to get to once I've stashed my kit away, without having to rummage about..... I did buy a little Nash one recently, but the lack of any kind of pockets and a flimsy base soon had me returning it...…….. I took the shoulder strap off and use the secured kettle's handle to lift it with...…… I think this one is a keeper and possibly one of their products that gets ripped off... The elastics are a good idea imo, and, being double walled for insulation, is a very solid feeling bit of kit...… You can pick them up new for £10-£11 on ebay…….

ss.jpg

s-l500s.png

IMG_20180817_221811.jpg

9 hours ago, Highy said:

Qdos have a 3 in 1 tool..knot puller and picker..with a braid stripper...also Qdos tungsten putty...also NGT do a small terminal box with say..a starter pack..black brown & green or a mix of all.Screenshot_20180817-221041.thumb.png.e7f3aef329878dad23ca9982f7c2913e.png

I have this, I haven't needed to use any yet but it looks all good.

I bought ten of their landing nets with pole and spreader blocks for my lake and three years down the line, apart from the normal holes in the mesh, they all still in perfect nick. Amazingly cheap as well.

The Mrs bought me one of these many moons ago as a daddy’s day present and it’s sound,still use it now 😎

I bought some of the wagglers they do for a silver fish session with my lad..... they was rubbish,unfortunately. 

7B725B28-5174-4694-BEB0-E22A05D0D98D.png

Everything I've bought from NGT has been disgracefully poor quality. I used their snag ears and the thread stripped/ear cam flying off on the first take when I was fishing locked up to a snag tree. I was lucky to keep the rod, let alone land the fish. Tried their leads and one came off the swivel on the first cast. I won't go near their stuff now.

Personally i quite like their stuff mate, i have used their rods, luggage, terminal tackle and rig tools and i have never really had an issue.

As someone said earlier, Their "preminum range" as such is the dynamic range and i currently have a 5 piece travel carp rod that is a lovely bit of kit for holidays. 

On 17/08/2018 at 21:13, carpyian said:

thanks for the replys its more the terminal takle im looking at was looking today at the knot pullers and the braid strippers and also they do tungsten putty anyone used any of these ???

I use their putty and it does the job mate.

I also use their PVA mesh religiously, It's cheap as chips and does the same job as any of the big company's do. 

They also have a nice luggage range with a few bits of unique items in it such as the bivvy station case's.

9 hours ago, The_Viking_Angler said:

Personally i quite like their stuff mate, i have used their rods, luggage, terminal tackle and rig tools and i have never really had an issue.

As someone said earlier, Their "preminum range" as such is the dynamic range and i currently have a 5 piece travel carp rod that is a lovely bit of kit for holidays. 

I use their putty and it does the job mate.

I also use their PVA mesh religiously, It's cheap as chips and does the same job as any of the big company's do. 

They also have a nice luggage range with a few bits of unique items in it such as the bivvy station case's.

Strange.

I won't be using their PVA string again. I want string, not thread. The neoprene rod bands stretched to strange shapes even though I don't stretch them, just wrap the rod. 

I do have an NGT retaining sling, but haven't used it yet. Going to have to keep an eye on it..

36 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

great company. Im pleased they copy other companies bits and sell them at an affordable price. Carp fishing should be for every man not just the well off man. To be frank, some of these companies take the mick. I wouldn't use their rods reels or bite alarms personally. But I've seen them and they are adequate. For a beginner or kid to crack on with. I've got lots of ngt buckets and other bits. Multi use bank stick that can be stage stand or normal which are great. I've had a few innovative bits from them. 

To put the cat amongst the pigeons, who would they copy if the “other companies” weren’t around? The prices certainly wouldn’t be as cheap with all the added costs that things like RAD, testing, developing, promoting, tooling, failed ideas, etc etc bring. 

4 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

ngt buckets

They are the best square buckets I've found, without the lids cracking off like a shot gun...…. Theirs are slightly softer plastic which comes off nice and quiet.....

3 hours ago, carpyian said:

if I was korda I would not be happy

You have to remember that Korda are a relatively new company and when they stopped selling leads out the back of a van in the 90's and moved on to other tackle bits, they ,too ,were taking business from other companies in order to get established ,what goes around comes around......  

14 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Strange.

I won't be using their PVA string again. I want string, not thread. The neoprene rod bands stretched to strange shapes even though I don't stretch them, just wrap the rod. 

I do have an NGT retaining sling, but haven't used it yet. Going to have to keep an eye on it..

I must admit i've never used the PVA string, the only PVA product i haven't used from then tbh so i can't comment on it. 

You might of had a bad batch of rod bands as i've used my ones for a good couple years now and they've never been a problem.

I have a retainer/weigh sling from them and it's a nice bit of kit mate, i'll admit i've never really retained the fish longer than 5mins but it seems okay.

On 21/08/2018 at 03:23, B.C. said:

They are the best square buckets I've found, without the lids cracking off like a shot gun...…. Theirs are slightly softer plastic which comes off nice and quiet.....

You have to remember that Korda are a relatively new company and when they stopped selling leads out the back of a van in the 90's and moved on to other tackle bits, they ,too ,were taking business from other companies in order to get established ,what goes around comes around......  

Exactly, Korda didn't invent the leadclip or numerous other things they market.

I'm sure that they're smart enough to know roughly how many of each design they'll sell taking the copies into account.

8 hours ago, AndyCh said:

Exactly, Korda didn't invent the leadclip or numerous other things they market.

I'm sure that they're smart enough to know roughly how many of each design they'll sell taking the copies into account.

I'm sure that Korda and Danny Fairbrass used to recommend a Mainline hooklink braid, then started selling it himself, I could be wrong though.

Leadclips I think were a Nash idea, but Korda cornered the market with their own version and particular swivel.

Hooks, some copied from other manufacturers, from other disciplines like fly fishing.

When Danny Fairbrass was marketing his company himself, going round tackle shops selling his coated leads I had utmost respect for him, he was a genuine nice guy, who I have met. Yet now the Korda advertorial article really puts me off, and I have found that some of the gear really does not match up to fish safety, or the good item 'hype'.