Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

My hunt for big perch on the spinner will be underway as autumn falls. I currently have fox 13lb braid on.  I'm just not getting on with it. It splits easy and doesn't knot so great. Can someone who does this type of fishing recommend a good braid and what lb braid I should use for my target. Also , I have a fox warrior spin 8g-25g cast weight. Would this rod be sufficient for drop shotting? A method I'm yet to try but eager to. Thanks 

50 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

My hunt for big perch on the spinner will be underway as autumn falls. I currently have fox 13lb braid on.  I'm just not getting on with it. It splits easy and doesn't knot so great. Can someone who does this type of fishing recommend a good braid and what lb braid I should use for my target. Also , I have a fox warrior spin 8g-25g cast weight. Would this rod be sufficient for drop shotting? A method I'm yet to try but eager to. Thanks 

I have ultra light set up for spinning and small lures and shads, I use spiderwire braid in 10lb for that and I find it excellent braid no problems with it at all.

As for the rod I can't really help you there mate I've never done any drop shotting. 

Good luck with your perch fishing mate. 

5 minutes ago, finchey said:

I have ultra light set up for spinning and small lures and shads, I use spiderwire braid in 10lb for that and I find it excellent braid no problems with it at all.

As for the rod I can't really help you there mate I've never done any drop shotting. 

Good luck with your perch fishing mate. 

Thanks finchey. I put 13 on just in case a stray big pike was to take my lure. But I'll have a look at spiderwire , thanks . What is a shad? Do excuse me, I've never fished this way till recently

7 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Thanks finchey. I put 13 on just in case a stray big pike was to take my lure. But I'll have a look at spiderwire , thanks . What is a shad? Do excuse me, I've never fished this way till recently

You'll be fine with 10lb braid it will handle pike as long as your using a wire trace. 

As you can see from buzzbombs photo a shad is a small rubber lure.