Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

Lake Beauregard............

Recommended Posts

Trying this one out next year with 5 mates from White Cottage.

http://lakebeauregard.com/about.html

Have a week booked from the 6th July, (only week available despite actually booking it about 8 or 9 months ago). Lots of decent videos of it on YouTube, anyone on here actually fished there????

Carp to over 60 and Cats to 95. Not particularly interested in Cats but may just take a hefty rod and reel with me and lob something stinky out at night. Seems a shame not to try to hook into a cross channel ferry!!

 

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two weeks today and we'll be on our way!! Surprising how quickly it comes round.....
Have the preceding week off work so will have plenty of spare time to check, double check and possibly even triple check before packing everything away.
All batteries charged for the bait boat, alarms etc.
Tie a few rigs up, bait ordered for delivery the day before we set off, can't wait.
Three of the lads going are popping their French cherries so you can guess how excited they are lol!!

Cushty!!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best of luck mate... look forward to seeing some French units in the catch reports . Just booked a lake for early October,  drive & survive this time for me ,unlike back in early spring . Can't wait especially as there's  some big commons to try a trip up . 

Not sure I would of had my bait turning up the day before though .... maybe bring it forward a day or two , just to be safe ? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Best of luck mate... look forward to seeing some French units in the catch reports . Just booked a lake for early October,  drive & survive this time for me ,unlike back in early spring . Can't wait especially as there's  some big commons to try a trip up . 

Not sure I would of had my bait turning up the day before though .... maybe bring it forward a day or two , just to be safe ? 

I trust ABS Geezer

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smufter said:

I trust ABS Geezer

😉

If its coming via a courier thats a lot of trust in the courier  , if your collecting then shouldn't be an issue . 

Looking to do a French trip in a few years can't wait .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, oscsha said:

If its coming via a courier thats a lot of trust in the courier  , if your collecting then shouldn't be an issue . 

Looking to do a French trip in a few years can't wait .

That would be my worry ABS do there bit... courier doesn't for some reason.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I order from ABS they say it will be a week....... theve never been late, and I think im a bit further than smufter...... in saying that I’d of given myself at least a 48hr lead...... I got semi  preserved for my french trip and they was fine,I did freeze em when I was home tho 😉😬

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/06/2019 at 23:12, snowmanstevo said:

When I order from ABS they say it will be a week....... theve never been late, and I think im a bit further than smufter...... in saying that I’d of given myself at least a 48hr lead...... I got semi  preserved for my french trip and they was fine,I did freeze em when I was home tho 😉😬

Spoke to Paul at ABS yesterday, he is putting just a smidgen of preserver in them to be on the safe side and they are being dispatched to arrive here on the Thursday, two days before the off. Haven't got room in the freezer for them, so will keep them in the coolest place I can find and freeze them the minute I get to the lake. I've absolutely no doubt they'll be fine. 

Our only wish now is that the temperatures out there drop a little from their records highs at the moment. Don't fancy sitting out there in mid 30's temps. although I'm not planning on having the rods out during the heat of the day so as to rest the swim. Really looking forward to this one......👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bait turned up yesterday all okay. "Decanted" into session bags and half of them popped in the freezer to help keep the rest cool on the way down.
Look and feel, superb, (as always with ABS stuff). Nice light colour, they look like they'll wash out well. Unique smell. Chocolatey, with a fruity twist, and something else I can't quite put my finger on.
This new bait has been hammering it everywhere, let's just hope the Frenchies like it too!!
Yesterday was spent charging everything up. Kitchen looked like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind with all the lights flashing lol!!

 

 

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smufter said:

Bait turned up yesterday all okay. "Decanted" into session bags and half of them popped in the freezer to help keep the rest cool on the way down.
Look and feel, superb, (as always with ABS stuff). Nice light colour, they look like they'll wash out well. Unique smell. Chocolatey, with a fruity twist, and something else I can't quite put my finger on.
This new bait has been hammering it everywhere, let's just hope the Frenchies like it too!!
Yesterday was spent charging everything up. Kitchen looked like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind with all the lights flashing lol!!

 

 

2t-b ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

spacer.pngNothing much more to report. One of the guys lost one last night, I had a screaming run and ended up landing a 25lb Catfish. God I hate them with a passion. Cooler this morning and overcast, so hopefully they might come on the feed later on. 

Fingers crossed. 

 

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well back home and absolutely pooped!

Ended up catching two carp (40lb 2oz Mirror) and a 32lb Common. Two Catfish, one at 25lb the other about 15lb (didn't weigh it). Also had a lovely little Tench which went about 3lb not big but it was nice to see as I love Tench and haven't caught one for donkey's years!

One of the other lads, Darren, caught a lovely 51lb Common, biggest fish of the week and a new pb smashing his previous 37lb. Great going and hats off to him because he stuck it out all week in a swim that had produced nothing really all week.

Tough going though. Baking hot weather for much of the week, water level was way down on the lake. Smashing venue though, ideal set up, I'd go again, only not in July. The mozzies were crippling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...