Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Mike Smith

How Do You Make Bait Pack/Breakdown More

I have watched video on making baits and followed exact recipes, yet still have minimal success with bait either packing or breaking down. Does anyone have any tips on how to make baits breakdown faster (or in some cases at all) and/or how to get them to pack more. Baits I use are Millet, Chow, Rice, Oats and Grits. Any and all help is greatly appreciated.

As above , white bread crumb to bind and brown to help break down , make sure the mix is nice and fluffy , also take your time mixing to make sure the whole bowl is evenly mixed .Have a look on the internet for some of the old match guys , tom pickering , bob nudd , dickie carr  they used to keep things simple but effective.

Welcome to the forum.  Someone with the same question got a couple of tips on CAG some time ago and there were a few suggestions about using less liquid or tweaking the recipe.  Good to see a post from Dunkel on there!   I think Resistance Tackle is no more (pity, I used to buy stuff from them), so don't bother with those links.

http://www.carpanglersgroup.com/forum/index.php?/topic/51890-pack-bait/