Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Looking for a brolly system with space saver or 1 man bivvy for weekend and day sessions.

looking under £200 ideally but would stretch to 250 at a push.

what do you recommend lads?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

£200?

 

Seriously you can get a TFG Oval brolly and overwrap for less than that. It is what I use myself. This year I have used just the brolly for overnighters as it has storm sides, but I also take the overwrap for extra protection if it rains.

 

I have also used it in winter when pike fishing.

 

There is plenty of room in there for bedchair, with space behind it for equipment, and space in front by door to get in and out.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/11/2018 at 21:13, Jates12 said:

Looking for a brolly system with space saver or 1 man bivvy for weekend and day sessions.

looking under £200 ideally but would stretch to 250 at a push.

what do you recommend lads?

Esp lo pro if you a smallish shelter or tempset brolly if you want a larger footprint 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, yonny said:

It's not a system though buddy. He'd need the Hide-Out.

 

Tempest Brolly v2 is a good suggestion.

tempest is nice but gets v expensive when full system and GS is included! is the hide-out any good? 

quite like the fox royale TT also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Jates12 said:

tempest is nice but gets v expensive when full system and GS is included! is the hide-out any good? 

quite like the fox royale TT also.

Yeah lik total fishing do a deal but still about 300 quid I have the lo pro the smaller version  and am a big fan of it

Is there reason it had to have front on it? 

Personally I hate  having a front on my shelter  other then a mozzi mesh as i feel like I'm shutting the nature out. 

Personally I'd alway go with the brolly over bivvy  jusy because  of weight and time to put up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Yeah lik total fishing do a deal but still about 300 quid I have the lo pro the smaller version  and am a big fan of it

Is there reason it had to have front on it? 

Personally I hate  having a front on my shelter  other then a mozzi mesh as i feel like I'm shutting the nature out. 

Personally I'd alway go with the brolly over bivvy  jusy because  of weight and time to put up 

Im looking for a system for quick overnighters really.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Deffo avoid a bivvy then.  Imo they take far to long to set up  compared to brolly system especially  for jusy a day or night 

When i was looking for lighter shelter for a night I was torn bewteen the tempset  lo pro (both of which you can get fronts and groundsheet for)  or a standard  60inch  brolly. 

In the end i settled with lo pro  in the end as it had the better foot print   was cheaper  and overall lighter..if had to rebuy its a choice I'd make again as it ideal for me now. 

 There is loads of budget  friendly  systems out there now.buy your money take your chance  I had good  brolly from saber.  On fact still going strong  with my brother 5-6 years later.

Hopefully the fox quality  has improved compared to the sieve brolly system  which leaked  awfully (well mine did) my one also weighted  something like 11-12kg 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×