Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jh92

Anyone doing evening sessions at the moment?

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if anyone has been doing any evening sessions? With it getting dark so early I've lost all motivation to go after work because of the extra gear I'd have to take and packing away in the dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did all through the winter last year.

My biggest fish from my local lake came from a wet and cold evening back in march.

Just can't be arsed to do it at the moment.

Doing a lot of overtime as I have a family holiday in Greece and a fishing trip to France to pay for so when I do get an evening to myself I'd rather spend it at home with the family.

Probably start again around March time.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

I normally do a midweek work night once a week all year round. I get to the lake around 6.30pm and pack up at 4am.

Hard work that is mate, I've been there. Respect.

Nowadays I'll do a few 24's but can't be doing with work overnighters in winter anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've always done loads of short after dark winter sessions, sometimes as short as two hours. I don't do midweek overnighters anymore though.

I've caught lots of fish in the first two to three hours of darkness in the colder months.

This year I've been fishing very little, but I'm still doing my best to get to the lake at least once a week after dark to put a bit of feed in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not for me. A bit of winter piking and odd day carp session. I could think of many better things to do on a cold winters night than sit in a bivvy. Night fishing without sunset or sunrise seems a horrendous endeavour for a multitude of reasons. Each to their own though 🙂

Edited by Dannygooner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I fished Rushes Lake in France from 11th November to the 19th, this year. It was dark longer than it was light and when it was light it was freezing!

I was there because I'd promised the owners that I'd keep an eye on the place and feed their dog and cat while they were at their son's wedding in Dubai. My son was supposed to be with me but was admitted to hospital suffering from pneumonia on the day of departure and was in for 5 days.

Never, ever have I felt so isolated or lonely. Won't be doing that again, trust me.

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, welder said:

I fished Rushes Lake in France from 11th November to the 19th, this year. It was dark longer than it was light and when it was light it was freezing!

I was there because I'd promised the owners that I'd keep an eye on the place and feed their dog and cat while they were at their son's wedding in Dubai. My son was supposed to be with me but was admitted to hospital suffering from pneumonia on the day of departure and was in for 5 days.

Never, ever have I felt so isolated or lonely. Won't be doing that again, trust me.

Ian.

My Wife's just said it's a good job your Son didn't fall ill while you were away in the middle of nowhere .

So how's your Son doing now ? .

🙂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crusian said:

My Wife's just said it's a good job your Son didn't fall ill while you were away in the middle of nowhere .

So how's your Son doing now ? .

🙂

He's still not 100% but came back to work with me last Friday. Your wife is quite right, he planned to fly to Le Mans with me collecting him from there when released from hospital. He told one of the doctors as much and was told, in absolute terms, that it would probably be the death of him. He's since told me that he thought his demise was near, for a strapping, muscular 37 year old this was something of a shock. He'll get well, he's got to. We've got a backlog of wrought iron gates, railings etc to catch up with...………...

Crusian, thanks for your concern and show this post to your wife, please.

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dayvid said:

I would have loved that , all on my own, middle of know where , butt ….did you catch.....

Dayvid, you and I have fished together, albeit in decent weather, at Horseshoe. This experience was the polar opposite of that.....

Whatever, yes I caught. Best was a 32lb common which came to the net like a defeated bream. The lake hasn't been fished in November for over 15 years so who knows what goes on.

Most interesting element? Sitting reading a book with Mylo, the resident dog at my feet. He sat bolt upright, staring at something behind me. Two wild boar from the woodland behind the swim. They helped alleviate the loneliness...…………..

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, welder said:

He's still not 100% but came back to work with me last Friday. Your wife is quite right, he planned to fly to Le Mans with me collecting him from there when released from hospital. He told one of the doctors as much and was told, in absolute terms, that it would probably be the death of him. He's since told me that he thought his demise was near, for a strapping, muscular 37 year old this was something of a shock. He'll get well, he's got to. We've got a backlog of wrought iron gates, railings etc to catch up with...………...

Crusian, thanks for your concern and show this post to your wife, please.

Ian.

Hi Ian 

My Wife and me are very happy to read that your lad is on the mend , it's a shock to learn you're mortal even if you're built like a brick outhouse ! .

You didn't fancy some wild boar for dinner then ? .

😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crusian said:

Hi Ian 

My Wife and me are very happy to read that your lad is on the mend , it's a shock to learn you're mortal even if you're built like a brick outhouse ! .

You didn't fancy some wild boar for dinner then ? .

😀

I'd gladly have eaten wild boar but the catching, killing and cooking bits would have been complicated and too gruesome to contemplate.

I settled for a microwaved Chicken Provencal in the end. Hardly any bloodshed...………….

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...