Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Does anyone else find themselves checking eBay on a regular basis with no real intention of buying anything? Just to see what’s about. It throws up the odd bargain but also the odd rare one where I think to myself who the hell pays that?!

heres one from this morning. Bargain at 60 quid posted..

what bargains have you had or have you sold and made a tidy profit? The prices things go at sometimes blows my mind!

D5CC33DB-E91F-4E3B-8EBE-017AC467DE45.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/01/2019 at 08:05, Dave Hedgehog said:

what bargains have you had or have you sold and made a tidy profit?

I've had loads of results over the years.

Sold a set of Delks for 360 that I bought for 250 then used for 3 years.

An Armo I bought for 100 quid, used for a few years and sold at 160.

Once sold a pair of Doc Martens safety boots I bought for 50 quid, wore until they were trashed, and sold for 50 quid lol.

Bargain wise I've bought a lot of books that go for good money at decent prices. Always on the look out for a good bargain. If it wasn't for the extortionate fees I reckon I could make a living from buying/selling on ebay. My brother managed a 2000 quid carbon fibre Trek mountain bike for 300 quid - defo the best bargain I've seen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've had loads of results over the years.

Sold a set of Delks for 360 that I bought for 250 then used for 3 years.

An Armo I bought for 100 quid, used for a few years and sold at 160.

Once sold a pair of Doc Martens safety boots I bought for 50 quid, wore until they were trashed, and sold for 50 quid lol.

Bargain wise I've bought a lot of books that go for good money at decent prices. Always on the look out for a good bargain. If it wasn't for the extortionate fees I reckon I could make a living from buying/selling on ebay. My brother managed a 2000 quid carbon fibre Trek mountain bike for 300 quid - defo the best bargain I've seen.

My best one was I bought a brand new waverunner bait boat for 240 and the sold it 4 years later for 300 .

The bivvy I use now is the cyprinus cyprimax 2 man.

Got that for 140 brand new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am FOREVER looking every hour...my best bargain was a Chub RS+ Max Bivvy £20...Best buy

Given a Bike..Never used n didnt think much of it...and sold that for £120...Best sale.

Edited by Highy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup.... I saw one on the bay go for £335 and refurbed examples for nearly £400, they are highly sought after and not very common...  they are more famous for their impregnated fly rods (also labelled as Scotties)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my missus has a good tip for finding bargains

people tend to misspell things when listing them and they don't show up when the correct spelling is search for so they often go for a fraction of the price they usually would

so when she does a search she will try a few different ways of spelling something (diawa,daiwa) youd be surprised at the stuff she gets for pennies

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, harpz_31 said:

my missus has a good tip for finding bargains

people tend to misspell things when listing them and they don't show up when the correct spelling is search for so they often go for a fraction of the price they usually would

so when she does a search she will try a few different ways of spelling something (diawa,daiwa) youd be surprised at the stuff she gets for pennies

 

We do that too! Great tip. We got a 12 ft oak dining table for a tenner because it was up as a dinning table lol. It's worth a fortune!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, harpz_31 said:

my missus has a good tip for finding bargains

people tend to misspell things when listing them and they don't show up when the correct spelling is search for so they often go for a fraction of the price they usually would

so when she does a search she will try a few different ways of spelling something (diawa,daiwa) youd be surprised at the stuff she gets for pennies

 

Had the very same a couple of times due to miss spelling , best I guess was my Solar globetrotter pod , cant remember the exact price I paid, but well under a ton . Pod ,tridents ,buzz bars , ect ect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forever using the bay to part with gear and find new bits. Cheapest I could find the drennan mini ultralite feeder online new for was 140. Bid a tackle firm on eBay 110 and they accepted. The thing that blows my mind is that garbage people will buy on eBay. I've listed old used gym trainers and they've sold for £50. Who buys this stuff lol. Crazy ppl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

 old gym trainers and they've sold for £50. Who buys this stuff lol. Crazy ppl

Honestly...i bought a pair of Asics trainers..BRAND NEW for £2...spelt as "Aces"...were awsome for training...like clouds....still have em now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another good ebay tip is looking for auctions that finish at bad times, I quite often click finishing first when on nights :)

I got my vgc magnetix brolly system for £40 got to be worth double that at least. They are £170 new, it finished after 10pm on a Friday night I was the only bidder happy days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Another good ebay tip is looking for auctions that finish at bad times, I quite often click finishing first when on nights :)

I got my vgc magnetix brolly system for £40 got to be worth double that at least. They are £170 new, it finished after 10pm on a Friday night I was the only bidder happy days 

Bang on that Elmo...when im on the 6-2 shift i tend to be in work for 5.30 so im up around 4...up have a coffee while im looking and doing exactsame ending first but near to me in a 10mile radius...have you checked out Shpock....best buy for me was a Chub RS plus Max bivvy £20

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I managed to get a troll on shpock I was selling some weights on there and he offered me £0 for them telling me they were too expensive then I kept sending a return offer that was higher so I could chat back, it wasn't so funny when he was selling an ipad air and he had already reduced it by £300 when I started offering him £0 for it :)

Needless to say I had the last laugh and sold my weights for the asking price 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...