Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Does anyone else find themselves checking eBay on a regular basis with no real intention of buying anything? Just to see what’s about. It throws up the odd bargain but also the odd rare one where I think to myself who the hell pays that?!

heres one from this morning. Bargain at 60 quid posted..

what bargains have you had or have you sold and made a tidy profit? The prices things go at sometimes blows my mind!

D5CC33DB-E91F-4E3B-8EBE-017AC467DE45.png

On 01/01/2019 at 08:05, Dave Hedgehog said:

what bargains have you had or have you sold and made a tidy profit?

I've had loads of results over the years.

Sold a set of Delks for 360 that I bought for 250 then used for 3 years.

An Armo I bought for 100 quid, used for a few years and sold at 160.

Once sold a pair of Doc Martens safety boots I bought for 50 quid, wore until they were trashed, and sold for 50 quid lol.

Bargain wise I've bought a lot of books that go for good money at decent prices. Always on the look out for a good bargain. If it wasn't for the extortionate fees I reckon I could make a living from buying/selling on ebay. My brother managed a 2000 quid carbon fibre Trek mountain bike for 300 quid - defo the best bargain I've seen.

40 minutes ago, yonny said:

I've had loads of results over the years.

Sold a set of Delks for 360 that I bought for 250 then used for 3 years.

An Armo I bought for 100 quid, used for a few years and sold at 160.

Once sold a pair of Doc Martens safety boots I bought for 50 quid, wore until they were trashed, and sold for 50 quid lol.

Bargain wise I've bought a lot of books that go for good money at decent prices. Always on the look out for a good bargain. If it wasn't for the extortionate fees I reckon I could make a living from buying/selling on ebay. My brother managed a 2000 quid carbon fibre Trek mountain bike for 300 quid - defo the best bargain I've seen.

My best one was I bought a brand new waverunner bait boat for 240 and the sold it 4 years later for 300 .

The bivvy I use now is the cyprinus cyprimax 2 man.

Got that for 140 brand new.

I am FOREVER looking every hour...my best bargain was a Chub RS+ Max Bivvy £20...Best buy

Given a Bike..Never used n didnt think much of it...and sold that for £120...Best sale.

Edited by Highy

Yup.... I saw one on the bay go for £335 and refurbed examples for nearly £400, they are highly sought after and not very common...  they are more famous for their impregnated fly rods (also labelled as Scotties)

my missus has a good tip for finding bargains

people tend to misspell things when listing them and they don't show up when the correct spelling is search for so they often go for a fraction of the price they usually would

so when she does a search she will try a few different ways of spelling something (diawa,daiwa) youd be surprised at the stuff she gets for pennies

1 hour ago, harpz_31 said:

people tend to misspell things when listing them and they don't show up when the correct spelling is search for so they often go for a fraction of the price they usually would

so when she does a search she will try a few different ways of spelling something (diawa,daiwa) youd be surprised at the stuff she gets for pennies

We do that too! Great tip. We got a 12 ft oak dining table for a tenner because it was up as a dinning table lol. It's worth a fortune!

20 hours ago, harpz_31 said:

Had the very same a couple of times due to miss spelling , best I guess was my Solar globetrotter pod , cant remember the exact price I paid, but well under a ton . Pod ,tridents ,buzz bars , ect ect

Forever using the bay to part with gear and find new bits. Cheapest I could find the drennan mini ultralite feeder online new for was 140. Bid a tackle firm on eBay 110 and they accepted. The thing that blows my mind is that garbage people will buy on eBay. I've listed old used gym trainers and they've sold for £50. Who buys this stuff lol. Crazy ppl

24 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

old gym trainers and they've sold for £50. Who buys this stuff lol. Crazy ppl

Honestly...i bought a pair of Asics trainers..BRAND NEW for £2...spelt as "Aces"...were awsome for training...like clouds....still have em now...