Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

2019 Plans

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Planning on doing a lot more fishing. 

I got a car last year and the plan was to do more fishing but I ended up getting a puppy just before the summer which messed it up a bit lol. I managed to do some fishing but not as much as I wanted. Now with the beast trained I'm hoping this year will be a better one 😂 

Spending a week on a big res at the end of May, got a little cabin in the swim too, can't wait lol. 

Carp dogs are the best dogs 

Still wondering where to fish at the moment.  Got to admit having not fished since the france social August last year & only fished a couple of times last year before that,  proper lost my mojo . Think finding somewhere to fish will sort that though & get my carp head back on . Off back to France late March with a couple of old members of here so that may well be my first session of the year & something to look forward too 

1 hour ago, commonly said:

It comes out both ends mate!! 

Have you got 50mmbutt rings?? 

I found the sonik SKS bag a bit tight with them, check it's designed to hold the rod according to ring size. 

Yeh..50mm rings on 3 rods also with 8000 big pits...checking now.

Well...1 week off in April, May, July & September.

May me n my Lad will be doing a few Days....

July the wife is off on a Hen do to Portugal Friday to Monday (weekend sesh minimum 24hrs)...

September the wife off to Tenerife for 1 week with her mum and her friends...2 weekends there and every day a 8hr sesh...

Hopefully get a few more in also with some new Venues...

Lakemore Fishery in Crewe (Catfish)

Cromwell Lakes (30 & 40 lb fish) 

My ticket has gone up £100 since I joined 3 years ago,  to £590

Estatate lakes ticket just £150. 

Hoping for a little lottery win before the end of Jan when the syndicate renewal is due!! 

23 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Carp dogs are the best dogs 

Yes mate I'm hoping by summer she will have calmed down a little more. We do short sessions at the moment, if they are too long I find the dog gets bored as hell and turns into a menace 😂 

I forgot to mention, invested in a kayak last year and did some sea fishing in it, loads of fun, I'll be going out in that too this year targeting wrasse and whatever else comes along 👍

Seems there’s a few of us in the same boat; my syndicate has gone up £150 this year. With the cost of travelling (320 mile round trip) on top, I’m afraid I can’t justify the cost. So, for the first time in many years, I’ve no target water lined up unless a very long awaited letter drops through the door this spring!

1 hour ago, Pete Springate's Guns said:

Seems there’s a few of us in the same boat; my syndicate has gone up £150 this year. With the cost of travelling (320 mile round trip) on top, I’m afraid I can’t justify the cost. So, for the first time in many years, I’ve no target water lined up unless a very long awaited letter drops through the door this spring!

WOW that is some dedicated journey!!!

& alot n fuel, etc. 

Respect due for that fella! 

51 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Does seem to be a lot of us dropping syndi tickets this year  . Out of  interest , you guys who had the big increases in renewal price , are your venues fenced ? 

Yes mines otter fenced and the price is going up, that's not the reason  I'm not renewing though, I may go back on next year.

Me and my mate have been talking about how it's going to go for a couple of years and it was obvious, supply and demand, safe stock = charge what you want!

Edited by kevtaylor

7 minutes ago, commonly said:

WOW that is some dedicated journey!!!

& alot n fuel, etc. 

Respect due for that fella! 

Living in Cheshire, I’ve got used to travelling for bigger and better fishing but 3hrs is too much for now. Its not just the cost but its tiring and stressful (I’m getting old!!). 

1 hour ago, jh92 said:

Yes mate I'm hoping by summer she will have calmed down a little more. We do short sessions at the moment, if they are too long I find the dog gets bored as hell and turns into a menace 😂 

I forgot to mention, invested in a kayak last year and did some sea fishing in it, loads of fun, I'll be going out in that too this year targeting wrasse and whatever else comes along 👍

Depends on the dog a lot too my 2 year old  is quite happy to curl up / in the bedchair.   I still walk him  him in afternoon ofc  in a lo get session. 

But my dad 6 year old lab  is a pain and  won't settle at all 

IMG-20181215-WA0000.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Depends on the dog a lot too my 2 year old  is quite happy to curl up / in the bedchair.   I still walk him  him in afternoon ofc  in a lo get session. 

But my dad 6 year old lab  is a pain and  won't settle at all 

IMG-20181215-WA0000.jpeg

That’s my face when I get a single beep on the margin rod 😁

1 hour ago, kevtaylor said:

Me and my mate have been talking about how it's going to go for a couple of years and it was obvious, supply and demand, safe stock = charge what you want!

Had the same conversations Kev,  hence the question .. not Good times !!!  We've got  a pump turning up Thursday to drain a lake to see what's left. scales everywhere every time we go up there , so it's not looking hopeful .