Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

2019 Plans

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Well let's see what tomorrow bringsย ๐Ÿคž20190110_132012.thumb.jpg.642fad50d4e5d9aa18748a98796e909a.jpg

ย 

ย I hope you've taken precautions as far as possible, you don't want to make easy pickings for the otters if they are around???ย 

22 minutes ago, commonly said:

ย I hope you've taken precautions as far as possible, you don't want to make easy pickings for the otters if they are around???ย 

Not a lot we can do really mate , only thing we could do is try & get the timing right so the pumps gone back on at 9 tonight & running all night . The noise ย of the pump will hopefully help tonight & keep any unwanted visitors away .ย 

4 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

What line of work you looking for nick?

Getting back fulltime into running restaurants and pubs. Been doing agency work in the same now for 18months.

7 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Not a lot we can do really mate , only thing we could do is try & get the timing right so the pumps gone back on at 9 tonight & running all night . The noise ย of the pump will hopefully help tonight & keep any unwanted visitors away .ย 

Sounds like your backs against the wall. I wish you luck mate

After fishing for near on 20 years andย living 25ย mins away from par fisheriesย i have never fished it mainly due to having to pre-book onย and with the limited time i had on the bank it just wasn't an option when iย find the lake fully booked on the odd day/night i had free.

This year i have loads of free time on my hands and so ...

The Par Campaign begins

Gonna fish the Back lake so any tips will be nice i have myย google earth map printed and readyย  ;D

Break my pb 28lb 7

A thirty ??

I'd love to either catch a 30 out of White Cottage or the elusive Koi. It only comes out once a year so would be an achievement. Often see it silently cruising around...usually followed by a couple of mid double Commons.

Off to France in July with 5 mates. Would be nice to catch a 40 but not the end of the world if I don't.

ย 

2 hours ago, smufter said:

I'd love to either catch a 30 out of White Cottage or the elusive Koi. It only comes out once a year so would be an achievement. Often see it silently cruising around...usually followed by a couple of mid double Commons.

Off to France in July with 5 mates. Would be nice to catch a 40 but not the end of the world if I don't.

ย 

Where abouts in France are you going mate?

13 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Looks nice mate.

Good price too.

It's ยฃ1,800.00 for lake exclusive so ยฃ300.00 each. Food package on top (about ยฃ120.00 each). Not the cheapest around I guess, but gets very good reviews. Looking forward to it and taking an extra "heavy duty" set up with me to have a go at the big catsย 

1 hour ago, smufter said:

It's ยฃ1,800.00 for lake exclusive so ยฃ300.00 each. Food package on top (about ยฃ120.00 each). Not the cheapest around I guess, but gets very good reviews. Looking forward to it and taking an extra "heavy duty" set up with me to have a go at the big catsย 

I must of read it wrong , thought it said 850.

Still well worth it mate.

Look forward to the pics of the big common .

ย 

8 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

I must of read it wrong , thought it said 850.

Still well worth it mate.

Look forward to the pics of the big common .

ย 

I thought you might have read it wrong mate, hence the clarification. Low season I think you can get it for around ยฃ800.00. July isn't the best month to go. I know from experience that the high temps can be a killer but it was the only week they had free even though we booked it up ages ago. I'll be looking at May next year ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

8 hours ago, smufter said:

I thought you might have read it wrong mate, hence the clarification. Low season I think you can get it for around ยฃ800.00. July isn't the best month to go. I know from experience that the high temps can be a killer but it was the only week they had free even though we booked it up ages ago. I'll be looking at May next year ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜‰

I'm going in August and am a bit worried about the temps, last timeย  we went it was September and conditions were perfect.

Think I'll be fishing hard at night and sleeping during the day if it's really hot.

9 hours ago, muftyboy said:

I'm going in August and am a bit worried about the temps, last timeย  we went it was September and conditions were perfect.

Think I'll be fishing hard at night and sleeping during the day if it's really hot.

September would be the ideal month for me too, but my job doesn't allow me to take leave then.
I've gone in July for the last 5 years, last year was particularly hot, as was the second year I went.ย 
I chose July initially for a couple of reasons, to hopefully avoid spawning, and to get the shortest amount of darkness possible (I hate fishing in the dark, much preferring 1st light and into darkness in the evenings).
The 2nd year I went it was so hot it brought on a 3rd spawn! Killed the week stone dead that did lol!
My France holiday has traditionally been combined with a "family trip" too, so I wanted decent weather for the wife to enjoy it.ย 
But now that I'm under canvas rather than renting a Gite, she doesn't want to come anymore so I'm going to be looking at different months from next year onwards.
ย 

Just taken the bull by the horns and booked up a return to "The Retreat" for May 2020.

Lyn, the owner, is a brilliant host, and they have recently stocked some decent fish so there should be a good chance of a whacker (biggest I have seen out of there before was 32 but she has stocked quite a few bigger ones than that over the past couple of years).

http://www.theretreatlake.com/

Goals for this year are to just get back into the swing of things. I've given myself some targets just to spice things up and I'd be happy to come close to any one of them. Going to try and get on a syndicate that I like the look of - big reservoir and some nice fish in there for sure.ย 

Start off trying to just get into something for a few sessions on Oak at Old Mill Lakes first. May have a crack at Willow.ย 

But more importantly, above anything else, spend some time tooling about on the bank and winding my brother up. Been 10 years since we've been carping together!

My 8 year old scored a blinder the other day, by saying ' I want to go on an overnighter with dad over the half term holidays' , mum says 'yes',

Result.ย 

Half term next week, so I'm now planning to be lakeside on Friday, WOOOHOOO!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

4 hours ago, commonly said:

My 8 year old scored a blinder the other day, by saying ' I want to go on an overnighter with dad over the half term holidays' , mum says 'yes',

Result.ย 

Half term next week, so I'm now planning to be lakeside on Friday, WOOOHOOO!! ๐Ÿ˜Ž ๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž๐Ÿ˜Ž

Nice one mate I hope you catch so it keeps up the enthusiasm for more for your young carp angler. ๐Ÿ‘

4 hours ago, commonly said:

Result.ย 

Im hoping the same...got half day from work too..๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž