Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dannygooner

Lightest smallest baitrunner

As I continue to endeavour into a variety of fishing, I'm looking for a good small bait runner. The ones I have are quite big and heavy and more suited to large water fishing for carp or pike. Does anyone know the lightest baitrunner on the market and if there's any around the 2000/3000 spool size? Cheers

Daiwa do a 2500 size runner with a front drag... IIRC they were about £39 (got one for feeder work, come with a spare spool too)

Okuma also do one in 3000 size (think they were called Longbow's)

Edited by bluelabel
Addendum

2 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Good shout but at 405 grams that's quite heavy, thus I'm thinking quite big. I'm really looking for the lightest smallest good baitrunners possible. Yonnys mention are coming in a bit smaller and lighter but again, no front drag. It seems small baitrunners options are slim 

The Okuma Longbow is a 3000 size and is actually smaller and weighs in at 337g (With line )

Dunno if they still make these but I'm sure there is an equivalent model somewhere... these are a good reel too.. got two of em for my feeder rods

OkumaLB.jpg

Indeed that is small. And they do still make the longbow it would seem. That's a great help , cheers. This is the type of work I'm using them for, feeder work on the rivers. Lots of roving , hence the smaller the better 

Edited by Dannygooner