Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
smufter

"Decent" barbless hooks????

Recommended Posts

Off to France in July, Lake rule is barbless only.

Any recommendations for good ones. Bottom baits and pop ups preferably size 4, may go up to a 6.

Help much appreciated.

Edited by smufter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, smufter said:

Off to France in July, Lake rule is barbless only.

Any recommendations for good ones. Bottom baits and pop ups preferably size 4, may go up to a 6.

Help much appreciated.

Mosquito angling.

Been using there hooks for a couple of years now .

Had carp up to mid 50s on them and never let me down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Hooks do you normally use? Are these available in Barbless? If so I would stick with what you are confident in and I just like to add a bit of shrink tube to help keep the hook in place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, charlieg said:

What Hooks do you normally use? Are these available in Barbless? If so I would stick with what you are confident in and I just like to add a bit of shrink tube to help keep the hook in place.

Could you not just crush the barb on your normal hook pattern. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2019 at 07:40, smufter said:

Off to France in July, Lake rule is barbless only.

Any recommendations for good ones. Bottom baits and pop ups preferably size 4, may go up to a 6.

Help much appreciated.

 

8 hours ago, finchey said:

Could you not just crush the barb on your normal hook pattern. 👍

Save you some pennys that also...if you have enoigh hooks that is...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/01/2019 at 07:40, smufter said:

Any recommendations for good ones.

I looked at these a while back, when a certain venue allowed/recommended them. 

I posted on here! Only one reply! Said they were OK!

I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Screenshot_20190111-161704.png

Screenshot_20190111-161614.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, commonly said:

I looked at these a while back, when a certain venue allowed/recommended them. 

I posted on here! Only one reply! Said they were OK!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Screenshot_20190111-161704.png

Screenshot_20190111-161614.png

Made from high grade Japanese wire, the key improvement has been the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow shaped hook point, where historically the barb would have been. These grooves allow the hook to hold securely in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied, as the flesh presses into the grooves resulting in a firm hook hold with no slippage.

As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal. Simple but so very effective.

£5 for 10 hooks...not bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Highy said:

Made from high grade Japanese wire, the key improvement has been the introduction of a series of minute horizontal grooves on the inside of the specially designed arrow shaped hook point, where historically the barb would have been. These grooves allow the hook to hold securely in the fish’s mouth when pressure is applied, as the flesh presses into the grooves resulting in a firm hook hold with no slippage.

As soon as the pressure is removed the hook returns to a barbless format allowing for easy and safe removal. Simple but so very effective.

£5 for 10 hooks...not bad

The French fishery I'm on this June has a barbless rule, too. These hooks look ideally suited, I'll get some. Thanks.

Ian.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, commonly said:

Let us know how you get on with them buddy? 

Soddit, I'm not a fan of barbless, but I may as well try them myself!! 

They do look good...but since the Nash Claw came out...ive never looked back...jus love em...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, commonly said:

I looked at these a while back, when a certain venue allowed/recommended them. 

I posted on here! Only one reply! Said they were OK!

imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961imageproxy.php?img=&key=72ca2d8a4014e961I'd consider buying a pack if I had to fish a barbless venue. 

Screenshot_20190111-161704.png

Screenshot_20190111-161614.png

Good shout. Looking at these on Amazon now. £4.95 for 10. Might just order a pack of 4's and 6's.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×