Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Tree123

Any other tips for lightening up

7 hours ago, Its-grim-up-north said:

It’s a shroud mate, means your bedchair is water proof when sleeping under the stars.

38CAAF2D-28FA-4231-B8CD-95DF27741D81.png

Why the heck didn't I patent the idea?

Think my pic was long before the shroud was invented. I could have been a miwyeonaiređŸ˜–đŸ˜†đŸ˜±

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

Anybody got the new four fold Nash bed? Not even sure if it's out yet. Wonder if this is better to carry when not using a barrow

It’s fantastic and in the shops now. The whole idea behind it is so it won’t bang on the back of your legs when carrying it. Obviously, it needs to be lightweight to carry as well. 

The bait I take on a 12 hour overnighters weighs more than the bed chair! 

17 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Not sure how I'd feel about wearing my bedchair.

I used to strap mine to my rucksack, it can make carrying it a whole lot easier. Rucksack and bedchair on my back, rod holdall strap across my shoulder, holding the handle, tackle box in the other hand.

That is the advantage of Bergen strapping, you can attach pretty much anything to it.

8 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I used to strap mine to my rucksack, it can make carrying it a whole lot easier. Rucksack and bedchair on my back, rod holdall strap across my shoulder, holding the handle, tackle box in the other hand.

That is the advantage of Bergen strapping, you can attach pretty much anything to it.

Surely that weight would kill your back.  

But I guess if you had one of lightweight ones what 6kg in the great total of stuff. 

Had some  northern specials arrive   for   chucking at  showing  fish. and I'm prepared some 500g bags of tiger which should be plenty  for overnight sessions where I wanna set traps.   Used to carry like 2 -3kg of boilies   to help  feed off any bream  but tigers should hopefully get  past them. 

Edited by Tree123

6 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

But I guess if you had one of lightweight ones what 6kg in the great total of stuff. 

Had some  northern specials arrive   for   chucking at  showing  fish. and I'm prepared some 500g bags of tiger which should be plenty  for overnight sessions where I wanna set traps.   Used to carry like 2 -3kg of boilies   to help  feed off any bream  but tigers should hopefully get  past them. 

That seems an awful lot of tigers to me

10 minutes ago, framey said:

That seems an awful lot of tigers to me

Rather  have more then I need.  Would  expect  to be bringing the last majority  back but just in case. If I wanted to put any real amount of bait in I'd go back to boilies 

2 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Rather  have more then I need.  Would  expect  to be bringing the last majority  back but just in case. If I wanted to put any real amount of bait in I'd go back to boilies 

I guess so makes sense 

3 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Load a rucksack correctly it is no problem. Clothes go at the bottom, gradually load it to heavy stuff at the top. The bedchair weight is basically spread from top to bottom as it is strapped at top and bottom.

The weight was only around 40kilos with all my bait, food, water and cooking stuff. Not like I was yomping far with it... Maybe a mile or so round Ardleigh...

Heh.... went out to Ashlyns on Sunday and the two lads I was with both had barrows.... I rolled up pulled my kit out of the car (two rods and brolly, ruckie and food and bait bag with Avid lo-chair on top,  and I was on the water before they had loaded the barrows up

I was two thirds of the way through setting up when they arrived... Lightweight, mobile, small kit is the way forward chaps👍

(Still blanked me bum off thoughđŸ€ŁđŸ˜›đŸ˜Ž)

This thread has got me thinking a little still a way off being a lightweight but I have just bought a sonik SK Tek compact chair as a review told me they are rated to 20st, and it folds up small enough to fit in with my net in the unhooking mat/sling so no extra hands required, I'm nearly mobile enough for day sessions as long as it doesn't rain, I haven't got any kind of brolly yet only a Nash titan viper but that's too heavy for a day session