Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elmoputney

Hello again all it's been a while

My quality baits order arrived today, really happy with it I got 2 types of pellet and some nice basemix to try, I am hoping for a dawn raid Monday before work so will let you know how it rolls when I get a chance to make some over the weekend, I've also ordered lots of little bits off eBay and a new lightweight sonik chair, I think it's safe to say I am getting hooked again :)

14 hours ago, elmoputney said:

My quality baits order arrived today, really happy with it I got 2 types of pellet and some nice basemix to try, I am hoping for a dawn raid Monday before work so will let you know how it rolls when I get a chance to make some over the weekend, I've also ordered lots of little bits off eBay and a new lightweight sonik chair, I think it's safe to say I am getting hooked again :)

I havnt stopped spending for 6 months, looking at having some rods built now! 

It can certainly get an expensive hobby, I always fancied a set of Bruce Ashby rods in the olden days, my old second hand century ak47s still work though even after a decades rest, so they can wait till I need more than 2 3/4lbtc, 

What a load of poo :)

I decided I don't want to spend ages making loads of boiled round things for now so I just made some for the hook and some less round hookbaits as for  the sausages will be chopped up for loose feed or crumbed up 

These have the working title of Squilk :)

15504396401938560434197893459119.jpg

On 16/02/2019 at 09:24, elmoputney said:

Thanks old school, still haven't got a sausage gun so will be manually ball making again this time, 

I'm going to try adding some stir fry oil to the mix this week 😬

is the water temperature high enough to use oil right now? i'm kind of worried that it's too cool as i've only used it in the summer before

Hi Pukka carp I'll be honest I don't know if it is too cold for it, although I haven't had any bites in 3 sessions :) might be a good idea to run a test though will pop one in a jar and leave it outside and see what happens with it

today was a good lesson though thought I did some things well and some not so well tbh I used my marker rod and found a couple of nice spots took a bit longer to hit them than I would like which probably didn't help my chances, one of my rigs came in a bit tangled so need to cure that, but the key one was not spending enough time fish spotting,locating  I'm getting closer to catching one though everytime I think, just need to fine tune, I did take some pics of a nice 24lb common though so was nice to see one on the bank 

Thanks pukka carp 

I went for a walk round yesterday to throw some bait out and actually found a few in a snag, now I've just got to try and convince the misses to allow me a few hours to angle for them this weekend 😬

Looks a nice place to be old school, even if the gods arent smiling, good luck 

I've done 2 pre baits this week hopefully they found them and maybe even fed on some, I'm starting to feel like sooner or later I'll get my chance, would be nice if it came tomorrow though :)