Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Ginger9991

March catch reports.

Fished into the wind again, very uncomfortable and a nightmare getting the tent up at in the dark with the wind like that. Had 12 in the end all before 1am when the wind died and it began to hammer down. Woke up to find my ground sheet under water... Fail! 

IMG_20190304_133421_404.thumb.jpg.567da06fbbcdd126c81c5cf6d6cbe09f.jpg

Then 3 doubles 19,18,17

IMG_20190304_133538_719.thumb.jpg.88bf85cb2a11dee708d69b1e8d50cae5.jpgIMG_20190304_133616_198.thumb.jpg.d7cb0cbb6d6e8d3cf34d329eb06d228f.jpgIMG_20190304_133502_961.thumb.jpg.3fbd6bb0bb9a172e87a0adf60dcc45d6.jpg

2 minutes ago, commonly said:

You're tearing that place apart bud!! Nice one. Good angling. 

You'll need a new venue soon, 😂 

Thanks mate. Yeah im giving up the ticket in June, Just hope i get my 2 targets before then. Me and the wife are expecting again in September so i think that will put a stop to my night fishing! I still have a Colchester Angling ticket so on the odd evening she lets me out i will just do a couple of hours at Layer as thats good for a bite.

9 hours ago, Ginger9991 said:

Thanks mate. Yeah im giving up the ticket in June, Just hope i get my 2 targets before then. Me and the wife are expecting again in September so i think that will put a stop to my night fishing! I still have a Colchester Angling ticket so on the odd evening she lets me out i will just do a couple of hours at Layer as thats good for a bite.

Congratulations to you and your Wife , Ginger .

😃

48 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

The rods and reels look the nuts! Great looking fish too.

Thanks.... The rods are Sharpe's Scottie 9'3" resin impregnated split cane and the reels are Moredex Merlin's

18 hours ago, bluelabel said:

Thanks.... The rods are Sharpe's Scottie 9'3" resin impregnated split cane and the reels are Moredex Merlin's

Very nice Blue .

What sort of a bend did the Scottie take ? ; I was thinking of getting a Chapman 550 , but after catching a second Carp on my Scottie I'm beginning to think a Scottie is just what I need for hauling out all these monsters I plan to catch this season 🙄.

Oh , did you further upset your Young Apprentice by catching your 20lber on a prawn as he sat there blanking on his boilies ? .

😁

It was a tip to mid section bend.. It is a fairly  through action, but there is a huge store of power in the middle part of the rod and butt( they are 2 piece by the way for those that don't know)... I have had to bully a 23lber out of a lily bed on one with no problems  and they cast light leads very nicely (2oz leads max) as long as you don't try casting as you would a carbon rod... you just need to know their limitations...

Sadly no prawns this time.... I was on a candy nut crush snowman and a simple inline running lead

Edited by bluelabel

Went to my old mans caravan for the weekend.

Although it was quite chilly the carp were cruising around a couple of feet below the surface .

So i committed to the zigs for 24 hours, and didn't have a bleep.

So with a couple of hours left i packed the carp gear away and went for perch instead.

Ended up with 7 perch , 4 of them being around the 2 pound mark and all over a pound.