Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm wondering if @smufter could arrange something on his syndi , looks a lovely intimate little venue . They could be looking to raise funds after last year's problems.  Could do a 48 hr,  chance to meet some new faces & maybe put our heads together to organise something bigger next year ? I could of had us all on my water for free if it wasn't for the otters ! 

8 hours ago, chillfactor said:

I'm wondering if @smufter could arrange something on his syndi , looks a lovely intimate little venue . They could be looking to raise funds after last year's problems.  Could do a 48 hr,  chance to meet some new faces & maybe put our heads together to organise something bigger next year ? I could of had us all on my water for free if it wasn't for the otters ! 

I would want you to catch some fish after your travels mate. 

😣

21 hours ago, yonny said:

I'll struggle to make it this year due to the baby lads.

To be honest, I might struggle as well with my holiday coming up and a week in France booked for July.

Would it not be a better idea to try to arrange something for 2020???

I think you'd have a better chance of booking up something decent for next year, most of the "better" venues are likely to be fully booked this year.

I'm all up for a social, but if I'm travelling a decent way I'd much rather have the opportunity, (albeit small), to catch a decent lump, than fish a lake full of mid doubles.

😉

24 minutes ago, smufter said:

Would it not be a better idea to try to arrange something for 2020?

Definitely . 

But I can't wait till next year!!

Young family means I have to book a trip these days, so any excuse as far as I'm concerned 

8 minutes ago, commonly said:

Definitely . 

But I can't wait till next year!!

Young family means I have to book a trip these days, so any excuse as far as I'm concerned 

You are welcome to come visit my gaff anytime you like mate.

👍

14 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Straying off topic but for a good reason.. how is little one? Does the house have that wonderful hint of poo and formula milk in the air? Hoping all is well and you’re getting some sleep. Just keep in the back of your mind..this is the easy bit!😂

I'll second that , baby phase seems hard and exhausting,but I am on day 2 of a 2 week daddy day care presently mine are 3+5 I shall mainly be drinking gin in the evening to unwind, already been throwing things around,having major tantrums about spoons and one was sent to her room for throwing a chair, and it's still only 8:20 

I did take them to the lake yesterday to throw a bit of bait in, they seemed to enjoy it finding the only puddle and soaking themselves, so that was good ducks will find a lot of bait in the margins though  but hopefully the carp will find some too :)

Depending on dates and location, I'd definitely be up for a social.

Broadlands sounds like a nice idea to me. I've only ever fished it once for a few hours. It's a very nice complex.

I don't want to put a downer on the idea because I like the location, but they had a KHV outbreak late last year. I don't know if that would put anyone off.

The do a very nice breakfast apparently though.

There's plenty of space depending on how many of us turn up.

How long are we looking at for the session?

23 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Straying off topic but for a good reason.. how is little one? Does the house have that wonderful hint of poo and formula milk in the air? Hoping all is well and you’re getting some sleep. Just keep in the back of your mind..this is the easy bit!😂

blockquote widget

I think broadbands looks good for a social bit of a drive for me but that's ok looks a nice place 

Just for you info ,if anyone fancies fishing there  , if you fish midweek ,you pay for 24 hrs and fish for 48 .

PS . I have no connection with Broadlands <last time I fished their was about 3 years ago
7B74D6F5-EC2F-4845-9653-65A84657ED8D.jpe

I’m use to travelling to socials ...... horseshoe is a 3hr+ journey for me Cromwell was 2.5hrs. Merrimgton was a dream I was only an hr away 😂😂😎

I’m in the North West and anything around the south coast is just a mission 🙄🙄😂😂

5 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

How about the "quarry Essex " .... some proper old crackers in there , I had to drop out of a social there a few years ago , so would like a chance to fish it . 

Woukd be worth the trip stevo 😎

Might see if Dave wants to come like horseshoe...... save a few bob on juice etc let’s see what the dates are I know I’m rammed in work from September to mid October.🙄🙄

12 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Might see if Dave wants to come like horseshoe...... save a few bob on juice etc let’s see what the dates are I know I’m rammed in work from September to mid October.🙄🙄

I reckon he would Stevo ,  similar to why he wanted to fish Horseshoe 😉 

If not you could drive to mine chuck ya stuff in my van & I'll do half the journey for you . No problem. 

11 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

I reckon he would Stevo ,  similar to why he wanted to fish Horseshoe 😉 

If not you could drive to mine chuck ya stuff in my van & I'll do half the journey for you . No problem. 

Cheers mate. Very kind offer. 😬😎😎

36 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

How about the "quarry Essex " .... some proper old crackers in there , I had to drop out of a social there a few years ago , so would like a chance to fish it . 

Woukd be worth the trip stevo 😎

All changing at the Quarry