Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
snowmanstevo

April catch reports

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Cheers mate.

That was the smaller of the pair.

Going for an overnighter tomorrow where the perch go to 5lb +, gonna have at least one rod out for them.

Don’t blame ya good luck,mate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Must be a good night for it. I’ve just had my first 30 of the year. Pics in the morning. Mate in the next swim has had a 30 too! Never happens to us!

Nice one mate.

Looking forward to the pics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So a quick catch report from last night. Not a huge fan of fishing Monday nights but after a week away with the kids I was itching to get out for a quick night. My mate promised steak and vino so that swung the decision for me. I arrived a little later than I’d like at 6.30. He was already set up in a central swim and I was chatting with him for 5 minutes when his rod ripped off. Nice mid 20 common. Jammy sod. Did the pics and went off to the next swim to set up. Returned shortly afterwards for steak,  spuds and garlic mushrooms (keeps the mozzies away!). Just finished dinner when his middle rod went off and a nice 33lb mirror. Had to be pleased for him as he’d cooked the dinner!

Finally at 10pm that magical sound of the receiver and I was into a 30lb simmo. And then at 1.30 this morning a lovely scaley mirror of just over 29lb was landed. 

Great night. And will butter up my Mrs to try and squeeze in a return trip Wednesday night.

Dinner pic included for the foodies..🤣

356953AA-1CBD-4A46-91FB-D3A7C077651C.jpeg

05D0C54B-5D37-470B-918A-65107D964852.jpeg

DB53F171-947C-4A04-95CF-3E2E3A6881AE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

So a quick catch report from last night. Not a huge fan of fishing Monday nights but after a week away with the kids I was itching to get out for a quick night. My mate promised steak and vino so that swung the decision for me. I arrived a little later than I’d like at 6.30. He was already set up in a central swim and I was chatting with him for 5 minutes when his rod ripped off. Nice mid 20 common. Jammy sod. Did the pics and went off to the next swim to set up. Returned shortly afterwards for steak,  spuds and garlic mushrooms (keeps the mozzies away!). Just finished dinner when his middle rod went off and a nice 33lb mirror. Had to be pleased for him as he’d cooked the dinner!

Finally at 10pm that magical sound of the receiver and I was into a 30lb simmo. And then at 1.30 this morning a lovely scaley mirror of just over 29lb was landed. 

Great night. And will butter up my Mrs to try and squeeze in a return trip Wednesday night.

Dinner pic included for the foodies..🤣

356953AA-1CBD-4A46-91FB-D3A7C077651C.jpeg

05D0C54B-5D37-470B-918A-65107D964852.jpeg

DB53F171-947C-4A04-95CF-3E2E3A6881AE.jpeg

Awsome sesh...sounds like you are your mates good luck charm.

Think up my end they are looking like pairing up to spawn now...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Ended up with 10 carp in 24 hours , biggest was the ghostie at 23lb and 5 were over 18lb.

Managed one decent perch in the night probably around the 2lb mark.

Glad your lucks changed since going to France mate. Good angling

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, muftyboy said:

Ended up with 10 carp in 24 hours , biggest was the ghostie at 23lb and 5 were over 18lb.

Managed one decent perch in the night probably around the 2lb mark.

So not your usual Park ( ? ) lake then Mufty ? .

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crusian said:

So not your usual Park ( ? ) lake then Mufty ? .

😃

No mate.

Went down to frant for 24 hours.

Not renewing the park lake ticket this year.

Gonna do a bit of guesting somewhere and the odd day ticket lake or my dads caravan.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, crusian said:

That's twice the size of your last Carp , Highy .

Is your lad taking the 'photo ? , I could just hear him saying " back a bit Dad , back a bit " .

😃

Hahah....no...some fella walking past did the honours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 23/04/2019 at 23:05, muftyboy said:

No mate.

Went down to frant for 24 hours.

Not renewing the park lake ticket this year.

Gonna do a bit of guesting somewhere and the odd day ticket lake or my dads caravan.

 

Frant looks very nice on the website , would you recommend it Mufty ? .

When you say " guesting " does that entail blacked face and dressed in camouflage gear ? .

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crusian said:

Frant looks very nice on the website , would you recommend it Mufty ? .

When you say " guesting " does that entail blacked face and dressed in camouflage gear ? .

😃

Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂.

I like frant personally , it gets a bit of a bad press sometimes on social media but what commercial fishery doesnt?.

No monsters in there but a good chance of 20lb plus fish and plenty to go at.

I normally fish lake 7 or 8 as you have to book these.

The cafe delivers the food to your swim and you load all the gear into a transit and they drop you down to the lake and pick you up again.

Some decent perch in there to if thats what you are into.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, muftyboy said:

Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂.

 I like frant personally , it gets a bit of a bad press sometimes on social media but what commercial fishery doesnt?.

No monsters in there but a good chance of 20lb plus fish and plenty to go at.

I normally fish lake 7 or 8 as you have to book these.

The cafe delivers the food to your swim and you load all the gear into a transit and they drop you down to the lake and pick you up again.

Some decent perch in there to if thats what you are into.

" Just dark clothing and stealth mate , like in my old bank robber days😂. "

😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...