Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

As much as I'd love to come along, September is a "no no" for me.

In the motor trade and as September is a registration month (as is March) we're not allowed to book holidays during that time.

(That's why I suggested May in my other post 😉)

OK smufter, as you're the only one of the few people interested, how about October? 

Young boys mean the summer holidays are a no no for me. I do love autumnal fishing. 

Now I can see why those who have tried to arrange this social thing, haven't bothered! 

Errrr, not trying to be difficult, honestly I'm not!!! I'd still prefer May.... 

October means long hours of darkness, too long for me. I hate fishing in the dark, that's why I don't do overnighters during the autumn /winter, not because of the cold! 

Please don't think I'm being difficult 😉😉😉

I'm usually happy with whatever as long as it doesn't clash with family/work commitments, so 1/2 term would be a challenge.

How are you guys set for June?

Can we put up a poll to gauge interest in a month?

8 minutes ago, InteraX said:

I'm usually happy with whatever as long as it doesn't clash with family/work commitments, so 1/2 term would be a challenge.

How are you guys set for June?

Can we put up a poll to gauge interest in a month?

There in lies the problem mate. 

I'm easy... Ish

June is good ?? 

On 22/04/2019 at 18:00, welder said:

I can't do June as I'm in France from the 8th until the 16th. September or October are good for me and my son.

Ian.

Good luck on your trip ian

On 15/06/2019 at 11:57, Dannygooner said:

Reading this did make me chuckle. Fair to say the complications of organising this make it a no no lol

Was a time some years ago that if a social were even suggested on here it would be fully subscribed within days. Stevo, Nige Woodcock and Phil Chillfactor will attest to this, I'm sure. I met, and still fish with some cracking buddies I encountered on this forum. We'd often do two or three a year. Good times...……...

Ian.

5 minutes ago, welder said:

Was a time some years ago that if a social were even suggested on here it would be fully subscribed within days. Stevo, Nige Woodcock and Phil Chillfactor will attest to this, I'm sure. I met, and still fish with some cracking buddies I encountered on this forum. We'd often do two or three a year. Good times...……...

Ian.

Was always a pleasure twice I was put on the waiting list waiting for lads to drop out 🙄😬 I made four of them and had a good laff and watched some really decent anglers from Micks simple but really effective approach to Nige masterclass zig fishing,I’ve always had a rod on zigs since then 😉😎...... but times and venues was always a sticking point for me. Work and travel always got in the way but socials was an occasion that memory’s are made....... Merrington anyone mid November I’m game 😬😎🎣

Edited by snowmanstevo

1 hour ago, snowmanstevo said:

Was always a pleasure twice I was put on the waiting list waiting for lads to drop out 🙄😬 I made four of them and had a good laff and watched some really decent anglers from Micks simple but really effective approach to Nige masterclass zig fishing,I’ve always had a rod on zigs since then 😉😎...... but times and venues was always a sticking point for me. Work and travel always got in the way but socials was an occasion that memory’s are made....... Merrington anyone mid November I’m game 😬😎🎣

Merrington? Go on, then. I'll do it.

Ian.

34 minutes ago, welder said:

Merrington? Go on, then. I'll do it.

Ian.

Mid October yourself and Alan.... I’ll bring a few I realise the days of lake bookings are gone but I’m sure we could sort something,mate.

3 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Mid October yourself and Alan.... I’ll bring a few I realise the days of lake bookings are gone but I’m sure we could sort something,mate.

Mid October even better. Alan will want to come so he can shake your hand and share a Guinness or two again. I can also bring my nephew Sam. The three of us have just spent a week at Windmill Lakes in France so Sam's heard all the tales about them socials and assorted nutjobs…..strangely, you were quite high on the list...…..😉

If we both put this out on Facebook I imagine we could arouse some interest. Even if all we do is agree to book on the same day it should work. I've already asked Ben, the resident bailiff, about this. He said "Hey, just do it".

Ian.

2 minutes ago, welder said:

Mid October even better. Alan will want to come so he can shake your hand and share a Guinness or two again. I can also bring my nephew Sam. The three of us have just spent a week at Windmill Lakes in France so Sam's heard all the tales about them socials and assorted nutjobs…..strangely, you were quite high on the list...…..😉

If we both put this out on Facebook I imagine we could arouse some interest. Even if all we do is agree to book on the same day it should work. I've already asked Ben, the resident bailiff, about this. He said "Hey, just do it".

Ian.

I think as most socials are a mid wk 2/3 day session would be ace...... we wouldn’t need the whole lake ..... we’d be too busy having fun 😬😎🎣

Just now, snowmanstevo said:

I think as most socials are a mid wk 2/3 day session would be ace...... we wouldn’t need the whole lake ..... we’d be too busy having fun 😬😎🎣

See me arguing? Sam, Alan and I are all self employed. Therefore.....whatever, whenever.

Ian.