Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi folks

Not been here in a while...possibly not since the Sandhurst 'social' some years back...which ended up being a bit of a 'north V south affair, ended in a resounding win for the south by the way...

So, am now back into carping proper after a while away...

Saw something along the way a while back from them clever boys at Korda, I think it was ? Wondered if anyone can shed any light on it...

Some may say it is a pointless piece of 'product Invention' but consisted of a plastic hook thingy, which you attach to your butt ring, and had some sort of pad on the end of it where you put yer hook, when packing up rods.

I am guessing the idea is it helps prevent any hook damage in transit etc ??

Anyone know what the heck I am on about ?? Still available ?? Have searched with all the obvious words...but knowing Korda its called summit stupid !!

2 minutes ago, 34schwantz said:

Hi folks

Not been here in a while...possibly not since the Sandhurst 'social' some years back...which ended up being a bit of a 'north V south affair, ended in a resounding win for the south by the way...

Saw something along the way a while back from them clever boys at Korda, I think it was ? Wondered if anyone can shed any light on it...

Some may say it is a pointless piece of 'product Invention' but consisted of a plastic hook thingy, which you attach to your butt ring, and had some sort of pad on the end of it where you put yer hook, when packing up rods.

Anyone know what the heck I am on about ?? Still available ?? Have searched with all the obvious words...but knowing Korda its called summit stupid !!

Trakker  hook ups ?

On 08/05/2019 at 17:02, 34schwantz said:

Hi folks

I would get the rig off mate for a simple reason

It is quick to retie a lead setup, and sharp jolts will knock the lead against the guide ceramics. It's ten minutes well spent redoing the rods, most setups are easy, a it of leader will be happy left on there of course that isn't going to hurt: BUT

you don't want the chance of snagging the line against zips, and also the chance of (worse) ''high tipping'' the rod by snagging the line.. On certain blanks they really don't like the tips being pulled down sharply, it is an unnatural bend which may weaken or, worse, snap the rod tip off

So all in all I never leave line through the rod, if the rods go in the holdall they go in with everything off and the line on the reels only, just a thought.. cheers mate