Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, yonny said:

Hi @Paul46.

Where in Northants are you from? I'm a Kettering lad myself although I now live in Leics.

Welcome to the forum.

I live in Corby , originally from Manchester   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/05/2019 at 15:56, yonny said:

Hi @Paul46.

Where in Northants are you from? I'm a Kettering lad myself although I now live in Leics.

Welcome to the forum.

Have you watched sweet home ketteringa on you tube  ? If not you should it's funny 

Welcome to the forum btw @paul46

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Im in Burton Latimer¬†ūüĎć

I grew up in Isham Vik, 5 mins walk from Burton. We used to fish the Ise (which sits between Isham/Burton) as kids. Used to be some corking chub in there. There's a little pond hidden away to the west of Burton, locked and fenced, next to an old gypo site. It's dug on the site of an old scrap yard. There's some very old carp in there mate, I fished for them a long, long time ago. Used to jump the fence and hide down there. Nothing big but stunning looking fish. I caught all but one of them. Would love to know if they're still there.

Hopefully this link works properly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Isham,+Kettering/@52.3623683,-0.702318,304m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4877a1dea53a0733:0x5d88afdfd02fa3aa!8m2!3d52.356551!4d-0.7023006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, yonny said:

I grew up in Isham Vik, 5 mins walk from Burton. We used to fish the Ise (which sits between Isham/Burton) as kids. Used to be some corking chub in there. There's a little pond hidden away to the west of Burton, locked and fenced, next to an old gypo site. It's dug on the site of an old scrap yard. There's some very old carp in there mate, I fished for them a long, long time ago. Used to jump the fence and hide down there. Nothing big but stunning looking fish. I caught all but one of them. Would love to know if they're still there.

Hopefully this link works properly:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Isham,+Kettering/@52.3623683,-0.702318,304m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4877a1dea53a0733:0x5d88afdfd02fa3aa!8m2!3d52.356551!4d-0.7023006

the amount of time i've looked at bits of blue on maps and never seen this!! I will defo go have a look mate and see. You'd like to think there is something in there still. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, greekskii said:

the amount of time i've looked at bits of blue on maps and never seen this!! I will defo go have a look mate and see. You'd like to think there is something in there still. 

It's only a tiny place. There was one "biggun" in there - a 20 lber lol. It was like my own little version of the mere back in the day. I'd sneak down with a rod bag and an unhooking mat and spend hours there hidden away. Most of my captures came off the top. The water is a horrific colour due to the oil in the ground from the scrap yard. Somehow the weed in there still manages to take over so solid bags and the method was all I could do to present. The lilies were a nightmare too. The gypos chucked all sorts into the lake over the fence that backs onto the water; fridges, washing machines, you name it. Those fish were hardy though, nothing fazed them.

Get down on a hot day and you'll spot them straight away (if they're still there). Any other time and it's very difficult to see anything due to the horrific water colour.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, yonny said:

It's only a tiny place. There was one "biggun" in there - a 20 lber lol. It was like my own little version of the mere back in the day. I'd sneak down with a rod bag and an unhooking mat and spend hours there hidden away. Most of my captures came off the top. The water is a horrific colour due to the oil in the ground from the scrap yard. Somehow the weed in there still manages to take over so solid bags and the method was all I could do to present. The lilies were a nightmare too. The gypos chucked all sorts into the lake over the fence that backs onto the water; fridges, washing machines, you name it. Those fish were hardy though, nothing fazed them.

Get down on a hot day and you'll spot them straight away (if they're still there). Any other time and it's very difficult to see anything due to the horrific water colour.

hot day like today¬†ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


√ó
×
  • Create New...