Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Leonard

Simple Banging Groundbait Mix

47 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Sounds a bit like my venue

On some lakes they do move around a LOT which makes all this swim hopping ''getting on them'' nonsense the bigshots force down our throats in the media a complete waste of time mate

Can I suggest doing a long session of 72 hours or so, sitting on your hands with minimal bait out, waiting for them to come to you and having rigs out before they arrive?

(Good book or two helps)!

PS one thing overlooked in silt is, I think, just use a big 18mm boilie, far less chance of it wahsing out quickly, i.e try matching the hatch, I don't go for the flash little pots any more, all I use is minimal 18mm freezer baits and a little tiny tub of groundbait

If you can get my misses to agree to a 72 hour session you are a better man than me :)

i have to do short sessions really as I have little ones I am lucky in that I can spend time walking the lake as it's close to me and I can get in a bit of pre baiting and area research but prepping for the trips in advance is as good as it gets for me , I think I've just got to keep baiting areas and hope it comes good in the end, 

and actually once I get my waders I will be able to set some super sneaky traps which they will hopefully not be able to resist and hopefully spots those chuffing birds won't find so quickly by being covert 

20 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

If you can get my misses to agree to a 72 hour session you are a better man than me :)

i have to do short sessions really as I have little ones I am lucky in that I can spend time walking the lake as it's close to me and I can get in a bit of pre baiting and area research but prepping for the trips in advance is as good as it gets for me , I think I've just got to keep baiting areas and hope it comes good in the end, 

and actually once I get my waders I will be able to set some super sneaky traps which they will hopefully not be able to resist and hopefully spots those chuffing birds won't find so quickly by being covert 

Baiting spoon mate? Tacklebox do 12 metre ones reasonable