Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

I was supposed to have a job interview Thursday, but on the way there I was involved in a road traffic accident.

My mate was driving and as we came to a blind bend and corner he went into the rear of a car turning right across traffic.

 

Both cars were written off, and I honestly think if the airbags hadn't been deployed, we would be roadkill. The driver of the other car had a bump and cut to the head. Colin had major panic attack and shock, and I think bruised ribs.

I got bruised ribs, and crunched knuckles and worse another smashed phone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Might want to see your GP about it Nick, the after effects of a car crash are no joke can be a big cause of anxiety and panic attacks when you least expect it, panic attacks can strike without warning and usually leaves people physically and mentally wrecked for months after the first one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Might want to see your GP about it Nick, the after effects of a car crash are no joke can be a big cause of anxiety and panic attacks when you least expect it, panic attacks can strike without warning and usually leaves people physically and mentally wrecked for months after the first one. 

I suffer with panic attacks and anxiety and they can be awful, most of the time I can get in control of them these days but when the threat is there it can be exhausting trying to cope with it on top of everyday life , glad you're ok nick but I do agree best to get checked out to be sure, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 20/05/2019 at 22:52, salokcinnodrog said:

I was supposed to have a job interview Thursday, but on the way there I was involved in a road traffic accident.

My mate was driving and as we came to a blind bend and corner he went into the rear of a car turning right across traffic.

 

Both cars were written off, and I honestly think if the airbags hadn't been deployed, we would be roadkill. The driver of the other car had a bump and cut to the head. Colin had major panic attack and shock, and I think bruised ribs.

I got bruised ribs, and crunched knuckles and worse another smashed phone.

Strewth Nick your life is certainly eventful .

Did you get the opportunity to reschedule the job interview or is that the last thing on your mind / you're not in a fit state both physically and mentally to go to an interview anyway ? .

More importantly IMO like Elmo and Carpbell say best to get yourself and Colin checked out by your GP who hopefully will have more time / knows you better  than A&E .

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, crusian said:

Strewth Nick your life is certainly eventful .

Did you get the opportunity to reschedule the job interview or is that the last thing on your mind / you're not in a fit state both physically and mentally to go to an interview anyway ? .

More importantly IMO like Elmo and Carpbell say best to get yourself and Colin checked out by your GP who hopefully will have more time / knows you better  than A&E .

 

 

Had the interview Sunday, was for over an hour for Restaurant Duty Manager at Hintlesham.

 

To be honest, I prefer a busy life, I just live it, from being in a war zone in 1986 and sent home as a vulnerable person (under 18) when Libya was bombed by Reagan. Being woken up on RAF Akrotiri by F111's landing to refuel for the flight back to UK.

 I'm kind of lucky, after my depression treatment I have been able to use cognitive therapy and talking to my (close) friends who probably understand how with my Autism I can switch off and shut the compartments inside my head. It's almost like it happened to someone else.

Paramedics at the scene checked me over, just a bit of brusing and crunched cut knuckles, no physical injuries.

 

Big Dave after his involuntary swim has probably had more problems dealing with his life than I do.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Had the interview Sunday, was for over an hour for Restaurant Duty Manager at Hintlesham.

 

To be honest, I prefer a busy life, I just live it, from being in a war zone in 1986 and sent home as a vulnerable person (under 18) when Libya was bombed by Reagan. Being woken up on RAF Akrotiri by F111's landing to refuel for the flight back to UK.

 I'm kind of lucky, after my depression treatment I have been able to use cognitive therapy and talking to my (close) friends who probably understand how with my Autism I can switch off and shut the compartments inside my head. It's almost like it happened to someone else.

Paramedics at the scene checked me over, just a bit of brusing and crunched cut knuckles, no physical injuries.

 

Big Dave after his involuntary swim has probably had more problems dealing with his life than I do.

 

 

Love your positive attitude Nick .

An hour long interview sounds like you are a serious contender for the Duty Manager job , let's hope you are successful .

😄 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...