Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

June Catches

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Highy said:

New month catches...pleaseπŸ‘πŸ‘πŸŽ£πŸŽ£

I've a few sessions booked up this month so hopefully I'll get to put a few piccies up!!

πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, smufter said:

Lots of fizzing yesterday. And I do mean LOTS.

But unfortunately couldn't get one interested in my offerings......😣

I filled my ice cream tub , that I use for balancing my boilies and chucking water over any fish in my cradle , and the water was full of fry and plankton like stuff ; I have found when there is frog spawn and tadpoles about the fishing is very slow .

πŸ˜ƒ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Few i had out last week, think i'm ready for a more challenging water again got plagued by a shoal of small commons in the early hours had me up and down all night got soaked through in all that rain that came over, could do with a outer skin for the bivey or a new bivey as the one i have has been discontinued.Β 

DSCF0757.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, smufter said:

Not a nice day to be out. Lost a big 'un earlier today when it ripped off into the pads but other than that... Nothing.Β 

1560170115148804702951629236801.jpg

Well at least you went fishing , I would have stayed home even with my big boy pants on .

Sad to read that you lost a big' un , but at least that means your bait and rig are working ? .

πŸ˜ƒ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Few i had out last week, think i'm ready for a more challenging water again got plagued by a shoal of small commons in the early hours had me up and down all night got soaked through in all that rain that came over, could do with a outer skin for the bivey or a new bivey as the one i have has been discontinued.Β 

DSCF0757.JPGZ

Healthy , photogenic Carp , Carpbell - any doubles and 20s around ? .

πŸ˜ƒ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, crusian said:

Healthy , photogenic Carp , Carpbell - any doubles and 20s around ? .

πŸ˜ƒ

Lol sauceyΒ πŸ˜„Β they are doubles low doubles, the best you can get at the mo is a mid twenty maybe slightly bigger it's an old match water that is now run by the local pub, when it was BWW water they would net it every so often and remove what was too large for match fishing,Β  a lot of the fisheries used to net around here, they are starting to relise there is money in night fishing these days though, the next water i'm looking at only allows hooks up to a size eight?Β  and night fishing is for regulars only, some nice fish in the lake so i might do a day with a size 8 and see how the land lies.Β 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Lol sauceyΒ πŸ˜„Β they are doubles low doubles, the best you can get at the mo is a mid twenty maybe slightly bigger it's an old match water that is now run by the local pub, when it was BWW water they would net it every so often and remove what was too large for match fishing,Β  a lot of the fisheries used to net around here, they are starting to relise there is money in night fishing these days though, the next water i'm looking at only allows hooks up to a size eight?Β  and night fishing is for regulars only, some nice fish in the lake so i might do a day with a size 8 and see how the land lies.Β 

Ahh oops ! , shows you how many fish I catch , sorry .

Where I fish the match boys like to put the bigger Carp in one lake , but there are one or two surprises left in the match lake .

Look forward to seeing you post your results at the " up toΒ  sz.8 " water .

☺️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, crusian said:

Well at least you went fishing , I would have stayed home even with my big boy pants on .

Sad to read that you lost a big' un , but at least that means your bait and rig are working ? .

πŸ˜ƒ

I was pleased with the bait. 1st time out with the Xcel baits "VNF" as I'd run out of ABS Plan b.Β 
Had to pack up early due to the weather, and to be honest, losing the fish in the pads kinda put the mockers on that swim. The fish are very twitchy at the best of times, and I can't help thinking that all the commotion of boating out to retrieve the rig spooked them away.
Got a session booked for next Tuesday so fired the remainder of my bait out into the "hot spot" in the hope that it gets them used to the taste...........πŸ˜‰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smufter said:

I was pleased with the bait. 1st time out with the Xcel baits "VNF" as I'd run out of ABS Plan b.Β 
Had to pack up early due to the weather, and to be honest, losing the fish in the pads kinda put the mockers on that swim. The fish are very twitchy at the best of times, and I can't help thinking that all the commotion of boating out to retrieve the rig spooked them away.
Got a session booked for next Tuesday so fired the remainder of my bait out into the "hot spot" in the hope that it gets them used to the taste...........πŸ˜‰

LOVE the smell of the VNF..🀀🀀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, smufter said:

I was pleased with the bait. 1st time out with the Xcel baits "VNF"Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, Highy said:

LOVE the smell of the VNF..🀀🀀

20190611_074158.jpg.2bf53bafa420ff1316e249a40b7f0680.jpg

Screenshot_20190611-074133_Photos.jpg.ea5063bac63ae39c6cfb5452224c613a.jpg

These what i use...Dumbell Wafters...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, smufter said:

I've just ordered some of the dumbells along with a bottle of the spray to boost them a little bit.....

😎

I'm not sure if Yonny will accept " I'd run out of ABS Plan B " as an excuse ? .

πŸ€”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, crusian said:

I'm not sure if Yonny will accept " I'd run out of ABS Plan B " as an excuse ? .

πŸ€”

Lol.

@smufter can use what he wants, although I would ask the question of why he's investing in VNF after having results on the ABS gear?

I guess some people just like to chop and change which is fair enough. I just on't feel a need to do that, I have ultimate confidence in my bait. Until I stop catching carp when I fish for them, I'll not consider anything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, yonny said:

Lol.

@smufter can use what he wants, although I would ask the question of why he's investing in VNF after having results on the ABS gear?

Whilst I have every confidence in the Plan b Yonny, I just "fancied" trying something else mate. I am taking some VNF to France with me as an alternative to my main bait, and having received it the other day thought I'd give it a try at the Cottage as I'd run out of the ABS gear.Β 
Initial indications are promising... there was plenty ofΒ fizzingΒ in my baited area, and i had a really savage take (which isΒ unusual asΒ our fish are normally a little more discrete than that lol!!) which saw me end up in the pads, where I subsequently lost the fish. First time that's happened to me at the Cottage that's for sure.

I'm ordering my bait for France within the next two weeks, (from ABS), and will be placing another order for my plan b to go in the freezer. But bear in mind that whilst my captures at the Cottage have all been on plan b, I have only had four fish out of there in over two years. It's not like I'm hauling them in. The inquisitive side of my nature is keen to find out how another bait might work. Just think..... if I'd have been on VNF all this time, I might have had five out!!!!!

πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Γ—
×
  • Create New...