Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elmoputney

Benefits from What is your newest purchase

5 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

I’ve bought one .... last wk.... I have limited time and sand pits that go 60ft + deep...... if I’m cheating then I’ll take that on board..... embrace technology..... the only people who hate it are dole cheat skin flints 😉🙄😬😎😎🎣  

That's a little harsh, perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this and you wish to rile someone up, can't say for certain but personally do what you like, use what you like, it's only fishing if it makes you a better angler then well done on youe new purchase 

7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

That's a little harsh, perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this and you wish to rile someone up, can't say for certain but personally do what you like, use what you like, it's only fishing if it makes you a better angler then well done on youe new purchase 

No not at all and definitely not pointed at anyone as I don’t know members personal details on here. My local has 2 members who are basically dole cheats can’t be bothered to work,happy to pick there giros up big pouch of baccy and a 3 day session through the week while the rest of us mugs have to work 🙄

One of the lads has a car on disability due to a bad back....... and then precedes to haul all his gear up a hill that needs mountaineering skills 🤔 and he’s an avid hater of bait boats,and any type of technology and lords it about members having lack of watercraft. As I said over the Nash drill if people wish to spend there hard earned on fishing bling who are we to complain....... and as a side note,as a northerner I luv a bargain if I can get something for a £ cheaper I will....... but dole cheats do boil my water,so to speak. If someone has took my rant personally or the wrong way then I apologise. 😬  

I can't afford to spend loads on fishing gear each month as much as I would like too, I have to work overtime just to have spending money, the council tax is crippling, the mortgage is crippling income tax takes any other spare money away, but I don't think living on benefits is easy Street, and unfortunately you have to blame the system for making it exploitable not the individuals who can make it pay unfortunately, the councils are the real crooked ones with there stealth tax cameras and the lack of transparency of where our money is actually going 

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I can't afford to spend loads on fishing gear each month as much as I would like too, I have to work overtime just to have spending money, the council tax is crippling, the mortgage is crippling income tax takes any other spare money away, but I don't think living on benefits is easy Street, and unfortunately you have to blame the system for making it exploitable not the individuals who can make it pay unfortunately, the councils are the real crooked ones with there stealth tax cameras and the lack of transparency of where our money is actually going 

You see I do blame the individual,they consciously abuse the system. They take the easy way and leave the rest of it to hard working people like us.

Im similar to you,if I work a 39hr wk I break even......just !

A mate of mine has a club foot,basically he’s knackered,struggles to stand for any length of time has to walk with the help of crutches and is in general poor health. Last year his disability car was taken off him,he didn’t meet the criteria and after a prolonged battle has only just got it back. He is the type of person the system is failing not joe bloggs who smokes skunk all day and is happy to get his hand outs.

Its never been easier to earn a living nowadays than since the 60,s there is loads of work out there for people who can be bothered,but why should they when they can milk the tax payer. 

As I said before it really grates me if we all had there attitude the wheels of industry would stop.

33 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

You see I do blame the individual,they consciously abuse the system. They take the easy way and leave the rest of it to hard working people like us.

Im similar to you,if I work a 39hr wk I break even......just !

A mate of mine has a club foot,basically he’s knackered,struggles to stand for any length of time has to walk with the help of crutches and is in general poor health. Last year his disability car was taken off him,he didn’t meet the criteria and after a prolonged battle has only just got it back. He is the type of person the system is failing not joe bloggs who smokes skunk all day and is happy to get his hand outs.

Its never been easier to earn a living nowadays than since the 60,s there is loads of work out there for people who can be bothered,but why should they when they can milk the tax payer. 

As I said before it really grates me if we all had there attitude the wheels of industry would stop.

I don't wish to get into an argument, but sadly I am on Universal Credit.

When I was laid off 2years ago I started off taking agency shifts, basically in addition to UC, so I would not have to rely on benefits.

The only way that is financially viable is if I work full time, get 5 full days work a week, if I get a week with no agency work, then my UC is supposed to cover it, however, for what I have earned in a full working week, I am sanctioned (deductions) on the whole months Universal Credit. 

Now we get interesting, where some deductions are hidden. For every £ I earn, I lose 63pence UC, fair enough, but I lose more in tax. I also get taxed on travel, if I get extra 'wages' because I gave someone from the same company a lift, I get that taxed, and deducted from my UC.

Universal Credit is paid monthly, not fortnightly, but monthly, to cover 30 or 31 days, 4 or 5 week months, and in arrears. What I earn in January, is deducted from February's UC. I may have earnt £600 in 2 weeks in January, in February, I get no Universal Credit, and may not have any agency shifts, so end up with no money.

Effectively I cannot afford to work, unless I can full time paid employment. I can't afford to take agency work, nor go self-employed. There may be jobs out there, but not many locally in my trades. I can't afford to take a zero hours contract.

In terms of what money is paid on Universal Credit, in theory, you receive all your money to cover rent, council tax, etc. After that is paid that leaves me £51.68 a week. (Worked out on an annual basis, to get correct weekly figure).

That £51.68 is supposed to then cover electricity, gas, travel to interview, food etc. I struggle!

18 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't wish to get into an argument, but sadly I am on Universal Credit.

When I was laid off 2years ago I started off taking agency shifts, basically in addition to UC, so I would not have to rely on benefits.

The only way that is financially viable is if I work full time, get 5 full days work a week, if I get a week with no agency work, then my UC is supposed to cover it, however, for what I have earned in a full working week, I am sanctioned (deductions) on the whole months Universal Credit. 

Now we get interesting, where some deductions are hidden. For every £ I earn, I lose 63pence UC, fair enough, but I lose more in tax. I also get taxed on travel, if I get extra 'wages' because I gave someone from the same company a lift, I get that taxed, and deducted from my UC.

Universal Credit is paid monthly, not fortnightly, but monthly, to cover 30 or 31 days, 4 or 5 week months, and in arrears. What I earn in January, is deducted from February's UC. I may have earnt £600 in 2 weeks in January, in February, I get no Universal Credit, and may not have any agency shifts, so end up with no money.

Effectively I cannot afford to work, unless I can full time paid employment. I can't afford to take agency work, nor go self-employed. There may be jobs out there, but not many locally in my trades. I can't afford to take a zero hours contract.

In terms of what money is paid on Universal Credit, in theory, you receive all your money to cover rent, council tax, etc. After that is paid that leaves me £51.68 a week. (Worked out on an annual basis, to get correct weekly figure).

That £51.68 is supposed to then cover electricity, gas, travel to interview, food etc. I struggle!

And I won’t be getting into an argument with you Nick. I see via your Facebook etc that you actively look for work and do work and attend interviews,my gripe is not with people like you,who want to earn a living it’s the dossers who actively AVOID work and think the world owes them a favour and moan about this,that and the other 🙄

I live on a council estate,and it’s rife with them. You can always tell who the doleys are they always put there bin out a day early after a bank holiday....... because every day is a bank holiday in there world.

At some stage in our lives I think we can agree that we’ve all been down on our luck and needed a helping hand and I’m all for that,I spent 6 months on the dole in the mid 80,s when work was hard to come by and if it wasn’t for help from my family I’d of struggled,but there is a group of society who can work but won’t,there happy to live hand to mouth due to lack of effort and ambition,they are the people I have a problem with and I’ve found they are the biggest moaners of the lot !!!!

4 minutes ago, oscsha said:

Very hard to judge until you've walked in the other persons shoes !

My Dad had MS and would from the outside look fine some days , sometimes the picture is bigger than it 1st seems .

And as stated earlier with reference to my mate I’m all for helping the people in need, I’m a great believer in helping those less fortunate than myself. People like your dad need social care due to his MS as you’ve said he has good and bad days.

But Billy big b ollocks with his 5 kids and x box are the reason why the country’s benefits system is in a mess,not my mate or your dad. These people abuse the system and it’s criminal that people with real problems and disability’s are all tarred with the same brush.

14 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

If anyone should exploit the system and milk it for what it’s worth it should be you.

Absolute rubbish imo. No-one should.

14 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Why should every [censored] straight off a boat or druggies be able to exploit the system

In my experience immigrants are the hardest working people in this country. It's the lazy Brits that think they're owed something refusing to work, preferring to sit on their back-side moaning about "these  people taking all our jobs" that are the real problem imo.

Its the system that's wrong. Personally I think there should be some from of system  that if you dont pay in you dont get anything out ( unless medical grounds  ofc)  that should stop the full time benefit doses whondont actually want to work. I live here a few and I cant stand them  and if I had my way there would be big reforms and a lot less people would be getting anything. 

Rant over  but that's all I'll say on it. As I dont want our nice forum to because far to potical 

32 minutes ago, Tree123 said:

Its the system that's wrong. Personally I think there should be some from of system  that if you dont pay in you dont get anything out ( unless medical grounds  ofc)  that should stop the full time benefit doses whondont actually want to work. I live here a few and I cant stand them  and if I had my way there would be big reforms and a lot less people would be getting anything. 

Rant over  but that's all I'll say on it. As I dont want our nice forum to because far to potical 

Angry typing and spelling checking much 

56 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

@salokcinnodrog say you are depressed and can’t work like all the bums do. I feel for you and you are being let down by the system. Mohammed and mustafa land in the uk with their 28 kids and are immediately housed and funded. If anyone should exploit the system and milk it for what it’s worth it should be you. Why should every [censored] straight off a boat or druggies be able to exploit the system but you can’t. 

You know some people are genuinely depressed though,and that doesn't make them a bum, I live with depression and anxiety day in day out yes I still work but I have had to learn to manage it, some days I just dont want to get up knowing that another anxiety attack will happen, again there are people who exploit this but it isnt everyone and I wouldn't wish depression in my worst enemy it really takes it out of you 

8 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

And btw, only one in six employable Muslim immigrants in this country work. So my statement applies and is correct. It is what it is. I’m just putting it out there. I’d sooner my taxes go toward helping someone like nick than down the local mosque 

I've not got a clue if this is correct but where are you getting your figures from ? 

BTW not all immigrants are muslim .

28 minutes ago, oscsha said:

Danny , Yes I did ask that question same as I would if you were standing in front of me , no need to get personal !

Unfortunately not sure how you would use common sense to conclude an answer , so maybe best leave as unanswered and get back to fishing topics . 

Agreed.

It is a really difficult subject.

We DO have economic migrants coming into the UK from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Sudan, other African and Asian countries and Europe just to claim benefits, 'for a better life'. Some do want to work, others don't. I keep in touch with a few mates in the loss prevention industry. At the moment the majority of shoplifters between Suffolk and London are Romanians, Romany Romanians, and Somali's, or drug users. Not your heavy class A's, but many are on just cannabis. Drugs in Ipswich are currently run by County Lines...

This puts onto the 'junkies' who constantly rely on the benefit system. Their benefit money doesn't 'stretch' to food and drugs. They shoplift to support their habit, they shoplift to buy food, or pinch it. I know of a couple of locals who specifically shoplift toiletries, shower gel, anti-perspirants etc, sell it over to friends to make a few quid, then go into the local shop to buy food.

Mental Health, I have been treated for Depression, but I don't think it 'fair' to use it as an excuse. Most of the depression is caused by not working or from overworking (65+ hours a week) in the past.

I try to keep busy, and this morning that has meant job hunting, going through my jobsearch. Even that is not as easy. The Jobcentre do little to assist in job hunting. The majority of vacancies are through agencies, then advertised on Indeed or Caterer, Reed or whichever. Even jobs advertised on gov.uk are often then going through an agency.

One position could be advertised on Reed, Totaljobs, Caterer, and each is posted by a different agency all offering the same job, you can apply for the same job two or three times.

Last week I ended up with a couple of interviews, but I am having to aim further afield. Town centre restaurants and pubs are mostly chains, whereas local pubs are often family run. 

I don't like national chains, the ethics, 'profit over service', yet within reason local pubs and restaurants have enough staff to offer better service. They also have a tendency to source products locally, benefitting local economy. I'd best stop there as i'll be extolling Brexit next. Sell goods locally, you make the same money as selling it abroad. 

It is big companies who often try to 'screw down' the wages. I have earnt more for running a local pub and restaurant with 50 hours a week than a national chain working 60+ hours.

We have another problem, the youth of today are being encouraged into further education; university or college, and aren't interested in or able to take low paid jobs. Even while at uni, they do not earn anything to support them, its down to grants and loans. The people who can and will take jobs in catering, factories are economic migrants. 

We have a lack of people living in the country, these students who would traditionally fruit and vegetable pick in the holidays have moved to the towns and cities, along with other country residents. The farmers are then forced to use migrant labourers.

I think TBH that the recipients of some folks ire is directed at the  types who claim "I don't get out of bed for less than a monkey a week" and then claim every benefit they can to sit on their broad 'arrises, while most folks with any self respect work their nuts off...

it certainly boils my urine to think I worked my bits off to support this sort of attitude... and it also annoys the hell outta me when folks target immigrants all the time... the majority are hard working types with families and are blooming grateful to be here and living a better life than they have been... which puts your "I don't get outta bed" types into stark relief as the detritus of this country rather than the other way round... there are any number of these sorts about.... one bloke I know bragged about it "I get everything paid for while you mugs work" needless to say he has no mates with that attitude and he calls us every name because no-one talks to him.... and o' course it's all our fault... it's always someone else's fault where these people are concerned

But this is the sort of mentality that has been cultured in this country... our grandfathers would be spinning in their graves to think that filth like this is alive and walking gods own... my old man (god rest him) knocked into me a solid work ethic... consequently I've never been unemployed in my life... it's a shame that some of the scammers didn't get the same treatment from their parents... perhaps there'd be less benefit claimants who "don't get outta bed for less than a monkey a week"

Sorry for the rant but I have no time for people like this... scratters and oxygen thieves the lot of em

I've found most Eastern European immigrants to be good hardworking people at my company, most of the ones I come across have a good deal of intelligence and want to build a better life for there families and actually if you get to know them you can have a pretty good laugh , I am pretty sure in there situation we would want to do the same, 

We may not always think so , but we are a very privileged country not perfect far from it . No child in this world is asked to be born and when you see what is happening around the world I don't blame anyone for trying to get a better life somewhere else . The heads of states need their heads banging together and stop all the talks revolving around money .

the likes of us will have no affect on anything . 

8 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Personally I think there should be some from of system  that if you dont pay in you dont get anything out ( unless medical grounds  ofc) 

I believe that!

But the NHS is on it's knees due to the fact that we will treat anyone! Not the case in a lot of other countries without insurance, that and the NHS does not claim their entitlement from the respective country. 

I felt physically sick when I heard a migrant can claim tax credits for their family that don't even live in this country??

A pole I know is happy to pay income tax here, after 5 years he can claim he's moving back home and is entitled to claim the lions share of it back!! 

8 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Its the system that's wrong.

Too true and for far too long

We fund wars and then aid across the world, but can't get our house in order. 😕 

2 hours ago, oscsha said:

the likes of us will have no affect on anything

The cold reality! 

Way too political for this site & sad to see that members (as with different social classes in our so called civilised country) are far too quick to turn on each other. 

Natives and immigrants are only exploiting the system in front of them. Where can it end? It won't!

Find a tree to 🤗. Make love not war! Lol😍