Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elmoputney

Benefits from What is your newest purchase

28 minutes ago, oscsha said:

Danny , Yes I did ask that question same as I would if you were standing in front of me , no need to get personal !

Unfortunately not sure how you would use common sense to conclude an answer , so maybe best leave as unanswered and get back to fishing topics . 

Agreed.

It is a really difficult subject.

We DO have economic migrants coming into the UK from Iraq, Iran, Syria, Sudan, other African and Asian countries and Europe just to claim benefits, 'for a better life'. Some do want to work, others don't. I keep in touch with a few mates in the loss prevention industry. At the moment the majority of shoplifters between Suffolk and London are Romanians, Romany Romanians, and Somali's, or drug users. Not your heavy class A's, but many are on just cannabis. Drugs in Ipswich are currently run by County Lines...

This puts onto the 'junkies' who constantly rely on the benefit system. Their benefit money doesn't 'stretch' to food and drugs. They shoplift to support their habit, they shoplift to buy food, or pinch it. I know of a couple of locals who specifically shoplift toiletries, shower gel, anti-perspirants etc, sell it over to friends to make a few quid, then go into the local shop to buy food.

Mental Health, I have been treated for Depression, but I don't think it 'fair' to use it as an excuse. Most of the depression is caused by not working or from overworking (65+ hours a week) in the past.

I try to keep busy, and this morning that has meant job hunting, going through my jobsearch. Even that is not as easy. The Jobcentre do little to assist in job hunting. The majority of vacancies are through agencies, then advertised on Indeed or Caterer, Reed or whichever. Even jobs advertised on gov.uk are often then going through an agency.

One position could be advertised on Reed, Totaljobs, Caterer, and each is posted by a different agency all offering the same job, you can apply for the same job two or three times.

Last week I ended up with a couple of interviews, but I am having to aim further afield. Town centre restaurants and pubs are mostly chains, whereas local pubs are often family run. 

I don't like national chains, the ethics, 'profit over service', yet within reason local pubs and restaurants have enough staff to offer better service. They also have a tendency to source products locally, benefitting local economy. I'd best stop there as i'll be extolling Brexit next. Sell goods locally, you make the same money as selling it abroad. 

It is big companies who often try to 'screw down' the wages. I have earnt more for running a local pub and restaurant with 50 hours a week than a national chain working 60+ hours.

We have another problem, the youth of today are being encouraged into further education; university or college, and aren't interested in or able to take low paid jobs. Even while at uni, they do not earn anything to support them, its down to grants and loans. The people who can and will take jobs in catering, factories are economic migrants. 

We have a lack of people living in the country, these students who would traditionally fruit and vegetable pick in the holidays have moved to the towns and cities, along with other country residents. The farmers are then forced to use migrant labourers.

I think TBH that the recipients of some folks ire is directed at the  types who claim "I don't get out of bed for less than a monkey a week" and then claim every benefit they can to sit on their broad 'arrises, while most folks with any self respect work their nuts off...

it certainly boils my urine to think I worked my bits off to support this sort of attitude... and it also annoys the hell outta me when folks target immigrants all the time... the majority are hard working types with families and are blooming grateful to be here and living a better life than they have been... which puts your "I don't get outta bed" types into stark relief as the detritus of this country rather than the other way round... there are any number of these sorts about.... one bloke I know bragged about it "I get everything paid for while you mugs work" needless to say he has no mates with that attitude and he calls us every name because no-one talks to him.... and o' course it's all our fault... it's always someone else's fault where these people are concerned

But this is the sort of mentality that has been cultured in this country... our grandfathers would be spinning in their graves to think that filth like this is alive and walking gods own... my old man (god rest him) knocked into me a solid work ethic... consequently I've never been unemployed in my life... it's a shame that some of the scammers didn't get the same treatment from their parents... perhaps there'd be less benefit claimants who "don't get outta bed for less than a monkey a week"

Sorry for the rant but I have no time for people like this... scratters and oxygen thieves the lot of em

I've found most Eastern European immigrants to be good hardworking people at my company, most of the ones I come across have a good deal of intelligence and want to build a better life for there families and actually if you get to know them you can have a pretty good laugh , I am pretty sure in there situation we would want to do the same, 

We may not always think so , but we are a very privileged country not perfect far from it . No child in this world is asked to be born and when you see what is happening around the world I don't blame anyone for trying to get a better life somewhere else . The heads of states need their heads banging together and stop all the talks revolving around money .

the likes of us will have no affect on anything . 

8 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Personally I think there should be some from of system  that if you dont pay in you dont get anything out ( unless medical grounds  ofc) 

I believe that!

But the NHS is on it's knees due to the fact that we will treat anyone! Not the case in a lot of other countries without insurance, that and the NHS does not claim their entitlement from the respective country. 

I felt physically sick when I heard a migrant can claim tax credits for their family that don't even live in this country??

A pole I know is happy to pay income tax here, after 5 years he can claim he's moving back home and is entitled to claim the lions share of it back!! 

8 hours ago, Tree123 said:

Its the system that's wrong.

Too true and for far too long

We fund wars and then aid across the world, but can't get our house in order. 😕 

2 hours ago, oscsha said:

the likes of us will have no affect on anything

The cold reality! 

Way too political for this site & sad to see that members (as with different social classes in our so called civilised country) are far too quick to turn on each other. 

Natives and immigrants are only exploiting the system in front of them. Where can it end? It won't!

Find a tree to 🤗. Make love not war! Lol😍

On 10/06/2019 at 06:20, snowmanstevo said:

No not at all and definitely not pointed at anyone as I don’t know members personal details on here. My local has 2 members who are basically dole cheats can’t be bothered to work,happy to pick there giros up big pouch of baccy and a 3 day session through the week while the rest of us mugs have to work 🙄

One of the lads has a car on disability due to a bad back....... and then precedes to haul all his gear up a hill that needs mountaineering skills 🤔 and he’s an avid hater of bait boats,and any type of technology and lords it about members having lack of watercraft. As I said over the Nash drill if people wish to spend there hard earned on fishing bling who are we to complain....... and as a side note,as a northerner I luv a bargain if I can get something for a £ cheaper I will....... but dole cheats do boil my water,so to speak. If someone has took my rant personally or the wrong way then I apologise. 😬  

Well what about sending a video clip to the authorities showing this budding mountaineer ? .

As Oscsha says if these lads have conditiond that are not easily noticeable they should check out o.k. 

2 hours ago, crusian said:

Well what about sending a video clip to the authorities showing this budding mountaineer ? .

As Oscsha says if these lads have conditiond that are not easily noticeable they should check out o.k. 

Where I come from,mate,we don’t do things like that.

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I've found most Eastern European immigrants to be good hardworking people at my company, most of the ones I come across have a good deal of intelligence and want to build a better life for there families and actually if you get to know them you can have a pretty good laugh , I am pretty sure in there situation we would want to do the same, 

couldn't agree more mate

must take a lot to up sticks and move to a country that stereo types you as a scrounger and its something I wouldn't have to guts to do so hats off to um

don't care who's in this country as long as they work and follow this countries laws

instead of bitching about foreign scroungers we should be more concerned about the home grown ones who think its their god given right to take what they want without giving anything back apart from anti social behaviour

I just had to pay a penalty charge, I had opposed it due to a new road lay out and being unfamiliar with it, but they rejected that. Its caught a lot of people and must have made the council a lot of money, Then they put the price up to £98 to pay, I told them that I couldn't afford to pay it and told them how it wasn't fair etc they let me off £60 to close it today, I say that's a minor hollow victory against a stealth tax,but I will take that, you have to stand up to the bully's 

47 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Then you can't really moan about them if you turn a blind eye to it 

Yes I can,and I do. But I draw a line at telling tails........ may be some people’s style,but not mine.

3 minutes ago, snowmanstevo said:

Yes I can,and I do. But I draw a line at telling tails........ may be some people’s style,but not mine.

If you feel that strongly about benefit cheats then maybe you should tell "tales" 

I get the old we dont grass on people round ere thing, but if no one stands up it just carrys on 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

If you feel that strongly about benefit cheats then maybe you should tell "tales" 

I get the old we dont grass on people round ere thing, but if no one stands up it just carrys on 

I agree with what you say,but still wouldn’t sit well with me. 

33 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

if someone started rubbing my nose in it they'd get shopped.... end of... I didn't work my nuts off to support **** like those sort, and if you turn a blind eye to it, why moan about it....??? you have a chance to do summat about it

See he doesn’t rub our nose in it,he just moans about the price of this and that how technology is ruining fishing,how pre baiting is a waste of money etc etc.

He does that because he’s always skint and happy to live off the state. And he is a dole cheat but still not for me to grass him up,it doesn’t work like that. And I like a good moan,don’t we all.

Remind me not to rob any banks with you boys !!!!!!! ( please take that in the humour it was  ment) 

2 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

well you could tell him he can always go out and get a job instead of moaning about prices and sponging off the state😎

A few members have ! 

My mum worked in a secondary school in a deprived area. She used to tell me about the English teenagers who would tell her they weren’t doing exams, etc. Because their dole for life parents had taught them how to get the most money out the system, including having children at 15/16 to get a council house ASAP. Never did an immigrant child say the same to her. 

Immigrants might play the system but so do the British. The problem is in the system that allows them to do it. You shouldn’t get anything if you’ve not paid in. Or you get much much less than someone who genuinely has worked and needs to fall back on financial help in a time of need. 

On 10/06/2019 at 10:44, Dannygooner said:

@yonny you must live in a nice part of the world. Cause i can assure you that statement does not apply where I live. I didn’t make the statement to debate it anyhow. The whole immigration issue is far broader than just jobs. But yes we do make it far too easy for all. British or not.

Its definitely down to geography how you see the immigrant issue.

Its so easy to say that multiculturalism is great when it doesnt affect you personally. 

Try living in an inner city london council estate and then tell me mass immigration is good idea.

Edited by muftyboy

8 hours ago, muftyboy said:

Its definitely down to geography how you see the immigrant issue.

Its so easy to say that multiculturalism is great when it doesnt affect you personally. 

Try living in an inner city london council estate and then tell me mass immigration is good idea.

Hear hear.