Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Dannygooner

Dead baits for perch?

My hunt for big stripeys in my area begins with the opening of the river season. I know live baits is a good method but it’s something I couldn’t do. Will small deadbaits work? If so can anyone advise me where to purchase small dead’s. Thanks 

2 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

My hunt for big stripeys in my area begins with the opening of the river season. I know live baits is a good method but it’s something I couldn’t do. Will small deadbaits work? If so can anyone advise me where to purchase small dead’s. Thanks 

I no you don't want to use live baits, But I think your better catching them on the day and using them as fresh dead baits mate. 👍 

7 hours ago, finchey said:

I no you don't want to use live baits, But I think your better catching them on the day and using them as fresh dead baits mate. 👍 

I know. It’s illogical and hypocritical. I’m happy to use them as long as I don’t see them killed basically 😒. But It would just leave me with a horrible feeling. I get the same putting a worm on the hook 😂. I can’t seem to find small deadbaits anywhere online. A bag of frozen bleak or gudgeon I was thinking. It would seem there is no demand for such 

13 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I know. It’s illogical and hypocritical. I’m happy to use them as long as I don’t see them killed basically 😒. But It would just leave me with a horrible feeling. I get the same putting a worm on the hook 😂. I can’t seem to find small deadbaits anywhere online. A bag of frozen bleak or gudgeon I was thinking. It would seem there is no demand for such 

I know in my local tackle shop you can get packs of small frozen roach which are used for pike bait. If you could get hold of some of them you could give them a try. 

I've never seen bleak or gudgeon myself anywhere and I've been buying frozen baits for years. 

Do you not no anybody that could catch you some fresh bait? 👍 

12 minutes ago, finchey said:

I know in my local tackle shop you can get packs of small frozen roach which are used for pike bait. If you could get hold of some of them you could give them a try. 

I've never seen bleak or gudgeon myself anywhere and I've been buying frozen baits for years. 

Do you not no anybody that could catch you some fresh bait? 👍 

Possibly. I’ll have to ask about. Perch fishing seems to be more popular than ever. I think there would be a demand for small dead’s. What about small frozen sea fish? Do you think that could work? I could probably grab them from Tesco.

1 minute ago, Dannygooner said:

Possibly. I’ll have to ask about. Perch fishing seems to be more popular than ever. I think there would be a demand for small dead’s. What about small frozen sea fish? Do you think that could work? I could probably grab them from Tesco.

I'm no expert on perch but I think it will have to be fresh water fish. But someone and come on and tell you different. 

I did a quick search on Google and there is a company that does gudgeon £1.49 a pack but it said out of stock. 

It was bait r us you could drop them an email and see if there due to get any more in. 👍

18 minutes ago, finchey said:

I'm no expert on perch but I think it will have to be fresh water fish. But someone and come on and tell you different. 

I did a quick search on Google and there is a company that does gudgeon £1.49 a pack but it said out of stock. 

It was bait r us you could drop them an email and see if there due to get any more in. 👍

I've just had another look and they also do small roach and perch. 👍

On 15 June 2019 at 07:46, Dannygooner said:

I've never found sea dead fish to do well for perch, don't know why, but prawns, lob and red worms, and even small lures do.

The best livies I have found, rules permitting, are roach, gudgeon and small perch.