Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
elmoputney

The youtubes post your fav vids here

On 19/06/2019 at 19:40, snowmanstevo said:

I’ll not post all the links but if you can get the Sticky ones from a few weeks ago ( I think there’s around 5 of them) and the tunnel by God (Mr Hearn) they should sort you out for a few hours...... amazing vids and if anyone is after any inspiration look no further 😬😎🎣

Got to agree with the hearn one, tunnel vision.  I drive past the lake every day on my way to and from work. And last year I did occasionally see a bivvy on there. I now know it was him. Also watched a youtube video that was him talking about Ellis lake, his quest for a fish known as the kingsmead fish. 

Also since my new found passion for sea fishing , I stumbled across a YouTube video made by or called "totally awesome fishing show". Tje blokes as mad as a box of frogs, but he nearly always catches. He does boat fishing, beach fishing but also freshwater and perfectly good videos for beginners to watch. 

On 17/07/2019 at 14:53, yonny said:

And what a fish that was!!!

Caught in winter too, from that place, mental.

Struggling to recall this and I think I've watched all things Hearn ten times over, is this the little winter syndi lake where he had a fish called the Little Grey?

2 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

Struggling to recall this and I think I've watched all things Hearn ten times over, is this the little winter syndi lake where he had a fish called the Little Grey?

No not that lake. Ellis is a big pit. Literally right next door to the lake where he filmed ",tunnel vision". They are either side of the M3. Walk through the tunnels that run under the M3 and you go from one lake to the other. 

18 minutes ago, emmcee said:

No not that lake. Ellis is a big pit. Literally right next door to the lake where he filmed ",tunnel vision". They are either side of the M3. Walk through the tunnels that run under the M3 and you go from one lake to the other. 

what video is it ? could you post a link please ?

5 hours ago, kevtaylor said:

No, different pit per emcee. Big water. Low stock, the kind that most wouldn't even consider considering in winter, but tel did it for fun. He caught the other biggun too, obvs 😂

Terry hearn, winter in to spring. Carpin on show. 

Pretty sure that's the video on YouTube.  I'm  computer illiterate so no idea how to post a link Haha 

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

what video is it ? could you post a link please ?

8 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Terry hearn, winter in to spring. Carpin on show. 

Pretty sure that's the video on YouTube.  I'm  computer illiterate so no idea how to post a link Haha 

This one ? 

If you want to learn to add vids on here it's fairly simple really

Click on the you tube vid you want to share 

Click share 

Press Copy link 

Then click Paste in the post reply box on here, then it will appear as above 

Job done 

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

This one ? 

If you want to learn to add vids on here it's fairly simple really

Click on the you tube vid you want to share 

Click share 

Press Copy link 

Then click Paste in the post reply box on here, then it will appear as above 

Job done 

Pretty sure that's the one. Not seen it in a while. 

8 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

New thinking anglers series

Yeah, decent.

I liked the Oz H one, anything that guy does tends to make me want to go fishing.

I also liked what Myles G had to say about his rigs - it goes to show how far some of these guys go when it comes to the little details.

19 minutes ago, yonny said:

Yeah, decent.

I liked the Oz H one, anything that guy does tends to make me want to go fishing.

I also liked what Myles G had to say about his rigs - it goes to show how far some of these guys go when it comes to the little details.

Im only up to nick helleur so far so haven't seen those ones yet, they've all been quite interesting though I did like watching Scott Lloyd he does well wherever he goes and Gareth farehams was good, even though he seems to have camoflage tattoos these days his legs seemed to blend into his sleeping bag  😁

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

nick helleur

I hate to say I'm not a fan of his. I find he does a great job of making very boring vids out of very exciting venues.

4 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Scott Lloyd

He's certainly marmite that fella. I quite like him. Whatever anyone thinks of him, he's one of the best anglers around. He makes the place look easy in this vid!

5 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Gareth fareham

Those Flint fish are a bit spesh hey! Real stunning looking carp.

9 minutes ago, yonny said:

I hate to say I'm not a fan of his. I find he does a great job of making very boring vids out of very exciting venues.

He's certainly marmite that fella. I quite like him. Whatever anyone thinks of him, he's one of the best anglers around. He makes the place look easy in this vid!

Those Flint fish are a bit spesh hey! Real stunning looking carp.

Ha I do agree about nick helleur not my favourite angler, he is OK if there is nothing else to watch but he does catch some nice carp in this one, 

I like watching Scott Lloyd tbh he works hard at his fishing and it shows, he is a real talent and he just seems to have carp GPS or something 

And yeah stunners he made that weed filled lake look quite easy too 😁

On 03/03/2020 at 10:56, elmoputney said:

Ha I do agree about nick helleur not my favourite angler, he is OK if there is nothing else to watch but he does catch some nice carp in this one, 

I like watching Scott Lloyd tbh he works hard at his fishing and it shows, he is a real talent and he just seems to have carp GPS or something 

And yeah stunners he made that weed filled lake look quite easy too 😁

I've just watched a few of these YouTube films and they are good, no real in your face plugging of tackle etc. The odd mention of bait and end tackle but that's all I saw. A breath of fresh air if I'm honest. But then the people behind thinking anglers are top blokes and not in your face so I expected nothing else.  

As for scott lloyd making that lake (swan valley) look easy, when you get on the fish it can be very easy. Must admit it's a very mature lake now. It was the  first ever proper carp lake that I fished. All the fish were mid doubles and 20's when I fished there. I caught my first 20 from there and first 30 (a fish that went on to be known as Nokia)

Oz will always catch fish wherever he goes, a very very good angler. I've met him a few times and he's a top bloke as well. 

All in all enjoyable viewing,  though not enough to stir me into getting the carp rods out again just yet. The sea rods are still winning that battle. 

41 minutes ago, emmcee said:

I've just watched a few of these YouTube films and they are good, no real in your face plugging of tackle etc. The odd mention of bait and end tackle but that's all I saw. A breath of fresh air if I'm honest. But then the people behind thinking anglers are top blokes and not in your face so I expected nothing else.  

As for scott lloyd making that lake (swan valley) look easy, when you get on the fish it can be very easy. Must admit it's a very mature lake now. It was the  first ever proper carp lake that I fished. All the fish were mid doubles and 20's when I fished there. I caught my first 20 from there and first 30 (a fish that went on to be known as Nokia)

Oz will always catch fish wherever he goes, a very very good angler. I've met him a few times and he's a top bloke as well. 

All in all enjoyable viewing,  though not enough to stir me into getting the carp rods out again just yet. The sea rods are still winning that battle. 

Carl and Alex do some good different types of fishing vids not all carp based, find the right ones and you might enjoy those, 

I think Scott Lloyd does have that ability though to find the fish wherever he goes his last of the Mohicans Film was really good and really showed how he thought one step ahead when he caught the Burghfield common, I don't know if I would've thought to not recast that rod after I had a take on it 🤔

4 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Carl and Alex do some good different types of fishing vids not all carp based, find the right ones and you might enjoy those, 

I think Scott Lloyd does have that ability though to find the fish wherever he goes his last of the Mohicans Film was really good and really showed how he thought one step ahead when he caught the Burghfield common, I don't know if I would've thought to not recast that rod after I had a take on it 🤔

Its these little percentages that make an average angler into a very good angler.  Watercraft is the biggest thing in carp fishing. Not just finding them/ seeing the subtle signs but also  knowing what the fish do on any given wind/ weather/ conditions etc in your chosen lake.  You know this/ learn this and you will catch fish,  simple as that. But also knowing how your quarry react or seeing the signs that tell you what you should or shouldn't do in a certain situation is invaluable.  

I know I've done this on numerous lakes I've fished. Moved after catching, not recast as I still had a rod/rods on the spot etc  and also knowing I can recast and know it won't disturb them etc. 

43 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Its these little percentages that make an average angler into a very good angler.  Watercraft is the biggest thing in carp fishing. Not just finding them/ seeing the subtle signs but also  knowing what the fish do on any given wind/ weather/ conditions etc in your chosen lake.  You know this/ learn this and you will catch fish,  simple as that. But also knowing how your quarry react or seeing the signs that tell you what you should or shouldn't do in a certain situation is invaluable.  

I know I've done this on numerous lakes I've fished. Moved after catching, not recast as I still had a rod/rods on the spot etc  and also knowing I can recast and know it won't disturb them etc. 

All this stuff needs time on the bank though😭, my plans are slowly going right out the window trying to find a window to go fishing at the moment is like trying to find a lump of gold in a dog turd 🐕

I have planned in my head for months that march = bonus = new ticket 

now it's looking like april and lots of sulking 😓😓😓😓😫

Been watching the nick helleur vids, like others he isn't really my cup of tea but does he actually work, or is fishing his job? Belgium one week, france the next, then on his boat on the thames and back to Belgium for 2 weeks etc. Is the man just loaded or paid to do all this? 

35 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Been watching the nick helleur vids, like others he isn't really my cup of tea but does he actually work, or is fishing his job? Belgium one week, france the next, then on his boat on the thames and back to Belgium for 2 weeks etc. Is the man just loaded or paid to do all this? 

He must be doing something right 🤔

Still Cheltenham this week, going to be having a small flutter myself if I can win enough to retire ill let you know what it's like 😁

6 hours ago, elmoputney said:

He must be doing something right 🤔

Still Cheltenham this week, going to be having a small flutter myself if I can win enough to retire ill let you know what it's like 😁

If you've got any tips I'm all ears. 

I've backed a few  ante-post. So far they've all stood their ground and no non runners.