Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
commonly

Sky package with sports

I'm looking at getting sky Q upgrade, only for f1 really, got it now on old HD package, with broadband at around £80. The only way to get it now is with the sports package. My boy loves football so don't mind, but speaking to friends it's between £70 - £100??? One mates got it at £50 odd. I can get it around £70, but just wondered what the average is out there??? 

Edited by commonly
Wording

49 minutes ago, commonly said:

I'm looking at getting sky Q upgrade, only for f1 really, got it now on old HD package, with broadband at around £80. The only way to get it now is with the sports package. My boy loves football so don't mind, but speaking to friends it's between £70 - £100??? One mates got it at £50 odd. I can get it around £70, but just wondered what the average is out there??? 

Do sky do what Virgin do...reccomend a friend and get £50 off your next bill...ive got Virgin Full House bundle with BT Sport £56 a month..for everything else sport i use a Firestick with IPTV and Modbro on.

Edited by Highy

Can you get f1 on those highly? 

My daughters fiancé watches his footy through some on line stream, through now TV or xbox, but can't get f1. Kodi used to do it but no longer with us sadly🙁.

I feel like I'm being ripped off by sky! But pay to view on streaming service is more than the subscription 

8 hours ago, commonly said:

Can you get f1 on those highly? 

My daughters fiancé watches his footy through some on line stream, through now TV or xbox, but can't get f1. Kodi used to do it but no longer with us sadly🙁.

I feel like I'm being ripped off by sky! But pay to view on streaming service is more than the subscription 

Kodi still works but you'll need to use a vpn, our isps in the UK have blocked most of the streams providers so you use a vpn to say you're outside the UK and more streams will be available again. 

It can be a pain to set up but there's plenty of help online.

On 27/06/2019 at 20:17, commonly said:

I think we pay £65 a month for the lot. As a loyal customer I wouldn't be surprised if they'd do some discount or a deal. Look for the new customer deal for it and then quote that to whoever you speak to as unfair that loyal customers dont get the same or better and they'll give you something. You just have to haggle with them.

On 28/06/2019 at 06:52, commonly said:

Just got a new laptop with Norton anti virus and that has a vpn function. Not very good with tech stuff, so would that do it do you think? 

Not sure about that one mate, I’ve heard private internet access is a good one, but I wouldn’t bother with it all if you’re not sure on what you’re doing, it can be a right pain to sort out lol 

1 hour ago, chillfactor said:

I must be in the minority of never having sky ... all my mates do .

Just could never stomach paying out  monthly for tv , just don't watch enough I suppose .

I had it for 11 years.

Never missed a single payment until October last year.

I rang them arranged to pay double at the end of the month and then 3 days later they cut me off.

Would never get any pay TV again. 

I just stream it all for free now. 

I’d never had it but when we moved last year it was the fastest broadband in the area. Turned out more expensive to have just broadband than it did to have broadband and sky tv! Work that out.

Although I never did realise how much I was missing until I had it. Golf and F1 on tap. Footy too. Can’t complain. Dads got BT so European footy is over there. 

10 hours ago, jh92 said:

Not sure about that one mate, I’ve heard private internet access is a good one, but I wouldn’t bother with it all if you’re not sure on what you’re doing, it can be a right pain to sort out lol 

When kodi went down last year I tried sorting  it to version 17. 0000056 or whatever and saw advice on vpn, but that was a subscription too. Something didn't sit right with me about that?? Paying a subscription to the  pirates🤔

Norton is the antivirus platinum software which has free vpn, like you say I don't know what I'm doing, it took me over an hour to install that with 2 calls to their helpline!! 🙄Next day it told me it was out of date and I needed to uninstall and then download the latest version 🤪 I'll pluck up the courage to give it a go next time I get a few hours👍

5 hours ago, commonly said:

Can you get f1 Mufty?? 

All the sports channels including the ppv events.

You sometimes have to try different links to see whats best.

I just cast it from my phone to thelp TV. 

Livenettv for all the sports and i use showbox for films and boxsets.