Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Alton Water today, and my biggest fish from a catch of 40 odd roach. Dave in the next swim had a total of 3.

 

All fish came to an open ended groundbait feeder, with red maggots on the hook. I played around and went to a 16 with double red maggot, where Dave stuck with a 14.

I stil had a number of sucked maggots, lost fish and missed bites, even on the smaller hook.

 

 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

I bet once you get through the fry there is some specimens in there. Caught using a quiver tip?

That's if the several hundred  Cormorants haven't snapped them up .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

I bet once you get through the fry there is some specimens in there. Caught using a quiver tip?

Had a couple of 2lb roach a couple of years ago, but summer the average size goes down. Such a large water the fish can be difficult to find.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big Dave and I were at Alton Water today, he had the lions share of the skimmer bream while I was catching mostly roach.
30 fish between us 50/50 skimmers and roach. Best skimmer 2lb and some larger roach of about half pound. Most bream coming less than 10 feet out.
Lots of good bites from the start but couldnt hook them. Changed tactics and left the bites to go until almost pull round and we were hooking skimmers, although the roach were still giving tip taps. 
2 red maggots best bait fished over a vitalin mix groundbait.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Big Dave and I were at Alton Water today, he had the lions share of the skimmer bream while I was catching mostly roach.
30 fish between us 50/50 skimmers and roach. Best skimmer 2lb and some larger roach of about half pound. Most bream coming less than 10 feet out.
Lots of good bites from the start but couldnt hook them. Changed tactics and left the bites to go until almost pull round and we were hooking skimmers, although the roach were still giving tip taps. 
2 red maggots best bait fished over a vitalin mix groundbait.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

What oz tip do you use for still water silver bashing mate?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

What oz tip do you use for still water silver bashing mate?

The lightest possible that I can still cast the distance. Normally 1/2-3/4 of an ounce, maybe an ounce if the undertow and waves are quite strong.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 25 July 2019 at 14:45, Dannygooner said:

So is the plan to start doing some carping in Alton water? Does anyone carp fish it?

Trying to find them in 375 acres...

 

Put it this way, as much as I love everyone, it is one water I wouldn't name or say which area I'm fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, salokcinnodrog said:

Trying to find them in 375 acres...

 

Put it this way, as much as I love everyone, it is one water I wouldn't name or say which area I'm fishing.

Mate , I’d never ask what part you were fishing................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not until you’ve caught anyway lol 😝

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...