Jump to content

Online shops


ga33a
 Share

Recommended Posts

Apologies if this is already on the forum (if so please give me a link) but a quick search didn't immediately produce results (possibly more down to my inability to search).

 

What online shops are people using and can recommend? I try to use the real thing as often as possible but I often need to get things in the week so I can actually fish at the weekends rather than go shopping :( 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

It’s ironic that the page ad under your post is who I use most of the time......... if they carry on they’ll be owning the market.....::... and the ability to hike up prices 🙄🙄

41C75954-8A81-4B74-AD5E-4E37B3A319E2.png

Couldn't agree more , as they get bigger they will dictate the market so higher prices & less choice . Like most things in life these days money talks .very sad if you ask me .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ga33a said:

Apologies if this is already on the forum (if so please give me a link) but a quick search didn't immediately produce results (possibly more down to my inability to search).

 

What online shops are people using and can recommend? I try to use the real thing as often as possible but I often need to get things in the week so I can actually fish at the weekends rather than go shopping :( 

Welcome to Carp.com.

I prefer to use my local tackle shops, very rarely do I use online. Particles I can dive into Gladwell's.

I can always find an excuse to go via the tackle shop.

 

The exception is my field test stuff, bait and tackle, which I get direct from the manufacturer.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, snowmanstevo said:

It’s ironic that the page ad under your post is who I use most of the time......... if they carry on they’ll be owning the market.....::... and the ability to hike up prices 🙄🙄

41C75954-8A81-4B74-AD5E-4E37B3A319E2.png

there was a shop in the northwest that angling direct bought out I was talking to one of the staff there asked why they sold up as it was a popular shop his reply was that they were told be ad that if they did not sell they would buy premises close by and put them out of business if the guy was telling the truth that is just wrong I know its business but for someone to build a successful business then be forced out not good and as has been said once they get a big enough strong hold on the angling sales they will have the power to charge what they wish lets just hope the savings are passed onto us anglers and not there share holders  

Edited by carpyian
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, carpyian said:

there was a shop in the northwest that angling direct bought out I was talking to one of the staff there asked why they sold up as it was a popular shop his reply was that they were told be ad that if they did not sell they would buy premises close by and put them out of business if the guy was telling the truth that is just wrong I know its business but for someone to build a successful business then be forced out not good and as has been said once they get a big enough strong hold on the angling sales they will have the power to charge what they wish lets just hope the savings are passed onto us anglers and not there share holders  

Wigan ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For nearly all of my terminal tackle I'll use "Bank Tackle". They have never let me down, and their delivery is spot on. Prices are good and their products, especially their hooks, are very good quality.

Eric's Angling have always been good too, but sadly it looks like they have recently been taken over.

Because of my work hours I don't get to use local stores, but the last one I tried gave such shoddy service I would much rather buy online anyway. That particular one has gone bust now, I wonder why??? (Sometimes it's not all about the prices).

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, carpyian said:

there was a shop in the northwest that angling direct bought out I was talking to one of the staff there asked why they sold up as it was a popular shop his reply was that they were told be ad that if they did not sell they would buy premises close by and put them out of business if the guy was telling the truth that is just wrong I know its business but for someone to build a successful business then be forced out not good and as has been said once they get a big enough strong hold on the angling sales they will have the power to charge what they wish lets just hope the savings are passed onto us anglers and not there share holders  

Used to be called North West Angling Centre...Hindley.

The young lad Tom...awsome guy and an old fella (Derek???)...they were 2 of the originals from the days when the old church transformed into NWA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Didn't know Erics had been bought out Chapmans has also been bought up by AD along with Fosters in Brum, i think AD is owned by William Hill the bookies so they will have plenty of money backing them.  A lot of lakes are now starting to sell tackle on site i use Lavender Hall lakes shop they have a good stock and there is Lanes Tackle but they have been reducing the amount of carp tackle they stock these past few years.  Looks like AD will soon be able to put the prices up to near full retail price and more importantly for them, buy their stock at a very low wholesale price by letting manufacturers know if they want shelf space they are going to have to sell to AD for a very low price.  

Online wise, i liked Chapmans and Erics and have also used AD.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Didn't know Erics had been bought out Chapmans has also been bought up by AD along with Fosters in Brum, i think AD is owned by William Hill the bookies so they will have plenty of money backing them.  A lot of lakes are now starting to sell tackle on site i use Lavender Hall lakes shop they have a good stock and there is Lanes Tackle but they have been reducing the amount of carp tackle they stock these past few years.  Looks like AD will soon be able to put the prices up to near full retail price and more importantly for them, buy their stock at a very low wholesale price by letting manufacturers know if they want shelf space they are going to have to sell to AD for a very low price.  

Online wise, i liked Chapmans and Erics and have also used AD.

I won't use angling direct anymore then if it's funded by William Hill, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

I won't use angling direct anymore then if it's funded by William Hill, 

 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Think i might be wrong on that remember reading it online, but it turns out William Hill is the name of one of ADs founders, think wherever i read it was the bookies might be a mistake? 

This should explain it:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46606125

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My local tackle shop was called Pemberton Angling Centre but a local Fishery bought the shop to join with its Fishery...Fir Tree Fishery CIC...

They really cater for Match fishing but have only 1 wall for Carp Gear/Bait...very limited.

But as stated earlier North West Angling Centre...Hindley....was 1 of the better local shops bedore A.D acquired it.

They did a full rip out and restock and probably do a 50/50 range now for Match / Carp anglers....

like every where else its down to price-reputation-loyalty to a company.

Edited by Highy
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...