Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anyone’s still on this chat but I was wondering if any one with a lot of experience and patience could give me quite a few lessons, I’m so new to fishing I have no idea what to do, I’m willing to pay, just want to start aiming for the big fish instead of little carp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome !

You'll find here very helpful info and very nice people here :)

Take a look in the forum, do your questions and sure you'll find your answers.

 

Have a nice weekend, in the bank!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29 July 2019 at 21:23, Brad373 said:

Not sure if anyone’s still on this chat but I was wondering if any one with a lot of experience and patience could give me quite a few lessons, I’m so new to fishing I have no idea what to do, I’m willing to pay, just want to start aiming for the big fish instead of little carp

Welcome to Carp.com.

 

Possibly the best way to learn is go with a Mate, as well as reading up on ideas, opinions and methods from magazines, searching YouTube or even your local water or club may have tuitions available.

Please approach with an open mind though, as not everything published is 100% safe. Some rigs are a fish safety risk, and something like leadcore and leaders can provoke strong opinions.

 

The most important thing to learn is safe fish handling, unhooking and return.

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I first started out, I found YouTube invaluable for picking up hints and tips on baiting, and more importantly rigs.

The number of rigs out there are frightening, and enough to put a novice off... it seems a whole, different language.

My advice to you would be to stick to one, maybe two rigs at most, and keep them simple. 

For bottom baits, a simple "blow back" rig will cover all scenarios....

https://www.carpology.net/articles/rigs/step-by-step-guide-to-the-blowback-rig

If you fancy fishing pop ups, or a "wafter" (cross between a bottom bait rig and a pop up), then I suggest a simple "D rig" and they don't get much easier than this, utilising a Korda D rig kicker.

Seriously, these are the only rigs you'll need when you're starting out.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, smufter said:

When I first started out, I found YouTube invaluable for picking up hints and tips on baiting, and more importantly rigs.

The number of rigs out there are frightening, and enough to put a novice off... it seems a whole, different language.

My advice to you would be to stick to one, maybe two rigs at most, and keep them simple. 

For bottom baits, a simple "blow back" rig will cover all scenarios....

https://www.carpology.net/articles/rigs/step-by-step-guide-to-the-blowback-rig

If you fancy fishing pop ups, or a "wafter" (cross between a bottom bait rig and a pop up), then I suggest a simple "D rig" and they don't get much easier than this, utilising a Korda D rig kicker.

Seriously, these are the only rigs you'll need when you're starting out.

 

Spot on with that mate, I’ve tried using YouTube to look for different set ups but it blows your mind with everything that’s chucked at you, I will have a watch and see how I get on tonight when I go for a little session, cheers for the advice mate 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brad373 said:

Spot on with that mate, I’ve tried using YouTube to look for different set ups but it blows your mind with everything that’s chucked at you, I will have a watch and see how I get on tonight when I go for a little session, cheers for the advice mate 

No problem mate. Just stick with the two, you'll do fine. And they are both easy to tie. Even I can do it, and I'm a numpty. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good little confidence boost there mate 😉 I will let you know how I get on, where abouts you based anyway?

44 minutes ago, smufter said:

No problem mate. Just stick with the two, you'll do fine. And they are both easy to tie. Even I can do it, and I'm a numpty. 😉

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Brad373 said:

Good little confidence boost there mate 😉 I will let you know how I get on, where abouts you based anyway?

 

East Sussex mate. Near Hastings, sleepy little town called Bexhill on Sea.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...