Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Hi All, new to the forum, I’ve have just started pole fishing after an absence of 25 years since i last ventured and that was sea fishing when I was 15. Hoping to pick your brains and pick up some tips. Thanks all! 

24 minutes ago, Thedave said:

Hi All, new to the forum, I’ve have just started pole fishing after an absence of 25 years since i last ventured and that was sea fishing when I was 15. Hoping to pick your brains and pick up some tips. Thanks all! 

Hello Thedave 

Welcome to the forum .

I'm a little confused , it doesn't take much ! , are you pole fishing for coarse fish in general , or match fishing ? .

😃

2 hours ago, Thedave said:

Coarse fishing,  this weekend was my first outing in 25 years, so just wanted to connect on here and see what everyone is up too. Cheers 👍

So how was it , Thedave did you enjoy yourself ? .

I don't remember any pole fishermen on here , but there are those that like to fish for Perch and Roach and Chub .

😀

It was a enjoyable couple of hours, didn’t spend too long out as I had my 7 year old daughter with me (her first time and she caught within the first 10 mins!) hopefully get out again this week. Cheers ! 

Welcome to Carp.com. 

Plenty of info on here, about most types of fishing, plus when it comes to pole fishing, I do know about elastics, flick-tips, connectors etc. I'll try my best to explain if you need help, but I have found I find it easier to explain as I do it; I used to be the person who did the sawing and cutting to fit bushes etc at the tackle shop.

I found pole fishing was the best way to keep my kids interested, without reel confusion, as they were catching a few and got them to feed accurately on the float.

Thanks guys! My youngest seems to enjoy herself so I’ll be out again this afternoon for a couple of hours see what we can find!. I haven’t fished myself since I was 15 and that was sea fishing, so I thought to ease myself back in, I would start with pole fishing. 👍

Welcome,aboard. 

I did quite a bit of pole fishing a good while back and is a great way to catch fish. I should imagine your daughter is only using a few sections as anything over 8/9m can be a bit tiring unless you’ve got a top spec pole. What type of waters are you fishing and what is your target/size of fish your after. What’s your set up atm mate .

Screenshot_20190807-155716_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f7ec4de0d2a0d8ebb1aba87d39065c99.jpg

Screenshot_20190807-155738_Chrome.thumb.jpg.e20ecaf6c5f5016314a9049f4e5dd79f.jpg

my lad loved it...when i had it....sold all in pocs to get into Carping.

Last year bought him a FULL pole setup too...NEVER USED YET...brand new Avanti 11m with 2 top 2's...and a box.

Made all fresh new pole rigs...

I used to do alot of match fishing/organising matches too.

On 07/08/2019 at 09:42, snowmanstevo said:

Welcome,aboard. 

I did quite a bit of pole fishing a good while back and is a great way to catch fish. I should imagine your daughter is only using a few sections as anything over 8/9m can be a bit tiring unless you’ve got a top spec pole. What type of waters are you fishing and what is your target/size of fish your after. What’s your set up atm mate .

I’ve got my youngest a decent whip pole which she’s comfortable with as she’s still quite small for her age, at the minute we are only on canals, bit still catching a fair few, she’s enjoying it as she’s asking me most nights to go fishing 😂👍

30 minutes ago, Thedave said:

I’ve got my youngest a decent whip pole which she’s comfortable with as she’s still quite small for her age, at the minute we are only on canals, bit still catching a fair few, she’s enjoying it as she’s asking me most nights to go fishing 😂👍

Nice little set up for the young un can’t beat watching that float go under 😬😎🎣