Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Can someone tell me the stiffest anti tangle sleeve on the market? I currently use the ones included in korum running kits but they are way too flimsy. And often lead to tangles. I’ve used bank tackle ones aswel which are marginally stiffer but I still get the odd tangle. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers 👍🏻

2 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

Can someone tell me the stiffest anti tangle sleeve on the market? I currently use the ones included in korum running kits but they are way too flimsy. And often lead to tangles. I’ve used bank tackle ones aswel which are marginally stiffer but I still get the odd tangle. Any help greatly appreciated. Cheers 👍🏻

I get the cheapo ones of Ebay from China and they are stiff and quite long so you can trim them to size. 👍👍

6 hours ago, Dannygooner said:

ESP Streamliner Rig Booms..£3.50 for 25.

Screenshot_20190908-211506_Chrome.thumb.jpg.cc9dc8519f703c7984d2be2b5d84e278.jpg

Proppa stiff...use em on all my Rigs

21 minutes ago, Highy said:

They are pretty stiff too...more like a plastic than rubber sleeve.

That’s what I’m looking for. I’m having the odd tangle on my running rigs and I’m sure it’s the fact the sleeves are too flimsy. I think the stiffer it is the more chance of keeping the hooklength away from the other end tackle. Hopefully this sorts it and gives me more confidence in my set up cause if I’m not getting a bite quick on the river I’m constantly thinking it’s gone a mess on the cast. Maybe only 5% of the time it actually has, if that. But I’m reeling in too quick cause I’m sure there’s a tangle. No confidence in it. I’ve ordered both suggestions from yourself and Finchy. I’ll let u know how they fair. Cheers fellas 👍🏻

7 minutes ago, yonny said:

Which ones Kev? I see Korda and Gardner both do them.

I've only used the korda ones so far mate - but no complaints.

It's a tougher material all round so wont stand upto constantly being stretched over a swivel or whatever, so you might not get as much use out of a single sleeve as the pure rubber but they are heavy and stiffer 👍

I don't use anti-tangle sleeves at the mainline end of my rigs, and rarely even anti-tangle tubing, it is also rare for me to get tangles.

If I do use tubing it is Fox anti-tangle tubing pushed into a rubber tulip bead or Fox buffer bead. The bead goes over the swivel to prevent tangles.

20 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I don't use anti-tangle sleeves at the mainline end of my rigs, and rarely even anti-tangle tubing, it is also rare for me to get tangles.

If I do use tubing it is Fox anti-tangle tubing pushed into a rubber tulip bead or Fox buffer bead. The bead goes over the swivel to prevent tangles.

Do you have a photo of your running rigs? 

1 hour ago, Dannygooner said:

Do you have a photo of your running rigs? 

Bottom bait combi rig Amnesia to braid with tubing.

Pop-up rig on coated braid.

I still use the same now, with or without tubing, but the tulip or buffer bead is an essential.

I also use PVA stringers or mesh bags of boilies almost every cast.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I’m doing a lot of specimen hunting on the rivers so everything is scaled down . do you think having a feeder on your rig would cause a possible tangle with the hooklength what with it not having anything to kick it out? As I say it’s not often I’m getting tangles, but I am getting them. And it gives me dwindling confidence in my rigs. As daylight hours become less I need to utilise my time on the riverbank and not have to worry about my rig all the time. U know that feeling don’t you, the “ do i reel in to check” sort of thought. I need that eliminated lol

when I fished for barbel on the rivers i only really used to use running rigs with either a lead or feeder I occasionally suffered a tangle 

I found if you use a short hooklength it will happen more as the bait can’t get washed downstream of the lead from over the lead if that makes sense..

Also are you fishing up stream or down stream

21 minutes ago, framey said:

when I fished for barbel on the rivers i only really used to use running rigs with either a lead or feeder I occasionally suffered a tangle 

I found if you use a short hooklength it will happen more as the bait can’t get washed downstream of the lead from over the lead if that makes sense..

Also are you fishing up stream or down stream

Indeed it does make sense mate. I do a lot of roving so the situation changes. Generally my hooklengths are about 10 inches on the river. Usually cause I’m hoping for a big stripey and I want little resistance.

Edited by Dannygooner

@Highy I ordered everyone’s recommendations on here. As it’s annoying me that much. I need to find the right ones. Your recommendation arrived first. Much better than others I’ve tried. Much more rigid, Great suggestion. Thanks pal 👍🏻. I’m fishing tmrw. I’ll let you know if it’s a tangle free experience lol

Edited by Dannygooner

5 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

@Highy I ordered everyone’s recommendations on here. As it’s annoying me that much. I need to find the right ones. Your recommendation arrived first. Much better than others I’ve tried. Much more rigid, Great suggestion. Thanks pal 👍🏻. I’m fishing tmrw. I’ll let you know if it’s a tangle free experience lol

Cheers Pal...these are the Only 1's i use now...