Jump to content

What's your plans for the new year?


Recommended Posts

I’ve found I’ve struggled with motivation since the start of the 3rd lockdown. I’ve got some time off from the ambulance and thought I’d be raring to go, I think the fact I can’t night fish is probably having a negative impact on my motivation. My water does not fish brilliantly during the day, but there again, I’ll catch naff all sat on the sofa at home! 
 

I only made bait yesterday because the darling wife insisted I made some as my bait draw in the freezer is totally empty. 
 

I’ve been walking my waters most days and was finding carp most days, especially in the smaller water all shoaled up and looking catchable, but the last few days they’ve drifted away from there, although they wouldn’t have gone far I reckon. If the rain holds off tomorrow, I will get the rods dusted off for a few hours, after all I’ll regret it if I don’t! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I suppose in terms of this year I half succeeded against the odds, catching 20lb carp and pike  from Alton water despite Anglian Water keeping it closed for 6weeks longer than lockdown, although losin

Hopefully start a project with a mate that will see fishing local to me again , after everything local to me was wiped out by otters . Probably end up as a little syndi. Got to be dug first though! 

Gonna be concentrating all my efforts on the secret lake next year. I'm sure there is something very special in there and my mate a lovely mid double lin a couple of months back when we thought i

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, ouchthathurt said:

I’ve found I’ve struggled with motivation since the start of the 3rd lockdown. I’ve got some time off from the ambulance and thought I’d be raring to go, I think the fact I can’t night fish is probably having a negative impact on my motivation. My water does not fish brilliantly during the day, but there again, I’ll catch naff all sat on the sofa at home! 
 

I only made bait yesterday because the darling wife insisted I made some as my bait draw in the freezer is totally empty. 
 

I’ve been walking my waters most days and was finding carp most days, especially in the smaller water all shoaled up and looking catchable, but the last few days they’ve drifted away from there, although they wouldn’t have gone far I reckon. If the rain holds off tomorrow, I will get the rods dusted off for a few hours, after all I’ll regret it if I don’t! 

I think that 'no night fishing' is my problem as well. I have the motivation to walk Sky dog every day, but that is just about it. 

I've got plenty of bait ready, boilies and Vitalin in cupboard, ice cream tubs full of prepped particles in the freezer, so bait isn't an issue. Walking to the park with fishing gear and Sky is a pain, although I would have run that far with it as a kid! 

It's not like my pike gear is much, just a Rucksack of gear and deadbaits and my rod sling, but is so much easier to drive... 

Which doesn't exercise Sky... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I think that 'no night fishing' is my problem as well. I have the motivation to walk Sky dog every day, but that is just about it. 

I've got plenty of bait ready, boilies and Vitalin in cupboard, ice cream tubs full of prepped particles in the freezer, so bait isn't an issue. Walking to the park with fishing gear and Sky is a pain, although I would have run that far with it as a kid! 

It's not like my pike gear is much, just a Rucksack of gear and deadbaits and my rod sling, but is so much easier to drive... 

Which doesn't exercise Sky... 

it do if you hold the dog lead out the window and keep the car at a steady 10miles an hour lol 😂😂😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

it do if you hold the dog lead out the window and keep the car at a steady 10miles an hour lol 😂😂😂

10? She's a Husky, make it 20...

 

20 hours ago, ouchthathurt said:

Or a dog sled?? 

I should convert my barrow! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...