Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Jguy91

Cyprinus K2 brolly system or??

Recommended Posts

Alright lad's I'm on the look out for a brolly system and wouldn't mind a few opinions of your experience if you've used any I've got in mind. I own a MK3 nash double top for the week long sessions in france but i struggle to fit it on most swims in the UK.

Three systems I have in mind are:

*Cyprinus K2 brolly system

*Jrc extreme tx brolly system

*Sonik armatek system

There's a bloke not to far away selling the EU K2 system with a velcro groundsheet instead of zip in that I'm strongly considering buying.

I've read mixed reviews on the jrc brollies but I can't find much on the K2 system other than carpology's video on YouTube.

Cheers

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah I've had a nosey at the cyprinus bunker it looks pretty good to be honest I'm just not quite happy with the height I watched the carpology review on it if it was 20cm higher I would snap it up. The main 2 I'm torn between are the jrc extreme tx and cyprinus K2 mainly because of the inner vapour guard, I'm trying my best to find anyone who's owned a K2 to give me an insight on the quality.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jguy91 said:

Yeah I've had a nosey at the cyprinus bunker it looks pretty good to be honest I'm just not quite happy with the height I watched the carpology review on it if it was 20cm higher I would snap it up. The main 2 I'm torn between are the jrc extreme tx and cyprinus K2 mainly because of the inner vapour guard, I'm trying my best to find anyone who's owned a K2 to give me an insight on the quality.

Im 6ft and tbh that was my concern, however its just the same as my brolly actually I think Joe makes it look smaller than it is, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah well I'm only 5ft 6 so if your fishing out of it without issues I might have to strongly consider it. The jrc is 135cm, the cyprinus k2 is 150cm the height of the k2 is perfect to be honest along with alot of other things but I'd like to see a bunker in the flesh before I buy either brolly

Edited by Jguy91

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Jrc extreme is basically the magnetix brolly but with a 20000mm hydrostatic head rather than the 10000mm which is perfectly OK for most british weather,the k2 does look great tbh, the bunker is 20000mm hh and with a wrap and I got my bunker with wrap for £92 posted on an ebay auction, at that price is was worth the punt, it's a solid bit of kit and slightly more spacious than a brolly 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally the best brolly systems I think are the Fox Brolly Systems (Any) but I do have concerns of the New Ultra 60 (Ventec) system as I've heard the thread on the centre screw/pole is abit like chocolate ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love the  Fox Brolly , ohh my I have one 😀 60 inch Supa brolly system and love it , with regard to the thread on the Ultra ,im sure its user error, cross threading it  then choosing to blame the brolly , it would be easy to do on mine if I didnt take care.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, dayvid said:

I love the  Fox Brolly , ohh my I have one 😀 60 inch Supa brolly system and love it , with regard to the thread on the Ultra ,im sure its user error, cross threading it  then choosing to blame the brolly , it would be easy to do on mine if I didnt take care.

Love mine to for ease and movement...it's not the Supa 60 there brill...when I was in local AD a while back...2 came back in about 20min with same fault

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had a look at the fox ultra but It was out of budget at £339 for the full system. Cyprinus is £259 but my old fella has just shown me a brolly system made by a company called "skills" for £160 that is virtually identical to the k2 system apart from 10000hh instead of 20000hh which I'm not over fussed about. I went to go see it at my local fishing shop today it was priced £289 there though. I'm currently in convo with a bloke who's selling them in manchester. Anyone heard of these?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jguy91 said:

I had a look at the fox ultra but It was out of budget at £339 for the full system. Cyprinus is £259 but my old fella has just shown me a brolly system made by a company called "skills" for £160 that is virtually identical to the k2 system apart from 10000hh instead of 20000hh which I'm not over fussed about. I went to go see it at my local fishing shop today it was priced £289 there though. I'm currently in convo with a bloke who's selling them in manchester. Anyone heard of these?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/372856307926

I've seen em...they do a few other things also...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's the one buddy I've just ordered it seems identical to the cyprinus K2 apart from the hydrostatic head. If anyone want's what it's like it should be here Thursday ill tell anyone what they want to know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone away from big name brollies and shelters and back to basic names.

The brolly I use now is the TFG Oval brolly with an overwrap, cost around £170 for the lot, or go to the TFG Power brolly, which is basically a brolly with full front and storm sides. I have a mate who has one and it has stood up to plenty of abuse as has my Oval.

 

The Power Brolly takes the same overwrap for slightly more protection in colder weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...