Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

Just now, commonly said:

Thank fudge for the Trump! We would be the laughing stock of the world without him around!! 

Well that is true.. 

Well see whay happens  in the next few days. We may be fishing by the weekend yet. Even though the lake will be rammed and the fish will be spawning. Haha

Just ordered my clippers  for cutting my hair let see how that goes.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

Well this is how I heard it. Some people will interpret it differently to others. 

You can now go out all day if you want, as long as you stick to the social distance guidelines.  

You can excercise all day if you like, as long as you stick to social distance guidelines. Parks to be opened that weren't,  beaches to reopen. You can travel further to places of excercise etc. 

You can play unlimited sports, as long as you stick to social distance guidelines (so as of Wednesday,  if your lake is opened then you can go fishing) . So obviously not all sports will be included in this. You would think most people have the common sense to know that contact sports/ team sports cannot be played. 

Construction workers can return to work as can landscapers etc, once again, as long as you can stick social distance guidelines. 

Also those that can return to work, should return to work, not they have to. Some more retail outlets are being allowed to open, garden centres for one. And of course if you have any signs of illness, if you have children that need looking after then you can't return to work and I guess the furlough scheme or self employed scheme helps out in this instance.  

Boris is stuck between a rock and a hard place, he can only go on the scientific advice, the same advice that any other political party would be led by. I know I'd rather be going through this under a conservative government than a labour one (that's my opinion anyway) . Lockdown needed to be eased as people had already started to flout it. The figures are coming down regarding infection rate, death rate etc but if they start to go back up then  we will be back to square one and another  lockdown and as he said if the numbers go up and people don't follow the guidelines if they are reintroduced then tougher punishments will be enforced.  

On 08/05/2020 at 15:30, crusian said:

So the Lockdown may have given you time to reflect , Smufter ? .

Good luck finding a new job , whatever it may be .

😃

Have now received an email telling us we won't be going back until 1st June (at the earliest).

Gives me longer to think things through,

Have provisionally booked a swim for Wednesday.......

😉

12 minutes ago, Highy said:

Fisherys cannot sort things in 2 days to adhere to all the anglers what will swamp ANY lake/pond.

My place will be empty on Wednesday mate. Plus the few swims that we have are at least 50 yards apart, some are 200 yards apart. The only "iffy" place would be the cabin, but if I take a couple of containers of water I won't have to go anywhere near there. I feel 100% confident that there will be no risk at all. 

13 hours ago, commonly said:

Complete and utter tory tripe!! 

You must do this!!

Unless you can't??

You can't do that!!

Unless you must?? 

I wouldn't trust this government to run a bath!! 

I thought last nights message was crystal clear. Whatever the consequences are of what you decide to do, it will be your fault and not Boris's

14 minutes ago, Highy said:

I'm sticking until the week I'm off at the end of May, still don't think it's time to ease anything.

Fisherys cannot sort things in 2 days to adhere to all the anglers what will swamp ANY lake/pond.

I'm going to resist as long as i can but I  really want to go 😞, I'm guessing as it's a syndicate it shouldn't be too crowded and I should be able to hide myself away, but they have also said they have to sort out safety guidelines so it won't be Wednesday, we will see I guess, weather warms up Sunday again, so will probably be jiggy jiggy time anyway soon 

22 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I bet golfers will be cheating left right and centre with social distancing rules in place, the opponents will have to stay so far away they can give there ball a quick kick out of the rough without them noticing, 

You should never trust a golfer anyway 😁

I wouldn't trust the 19th Hole either 😂😂

26 minutes ago, Highy said:

I wouldn't trust the 19th Hole either 😂😂

Can’t stand golf 

but when carp anglers specially start to smoke skunk and get all mellow I can see this all going down the drain lol

13 hours ago, smufter said:

Have now received an email telling us we won't be going back until 1st June (at the earliest).

Gives me longer to think things through,

Have provisionally booked a swim for Wednesday.......

😉

I believe we're roughly the same age , Smufter , so I'm pleased that you have longer to think things through ( hope that doesn't come over as patronising 😃) .

Roll on Wednesday ! .

😁

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

IMG-20200509-WA0002.thumb.jpeg.897605ccfd9b339e1c48071e4f4f4100.jpegIMG_20200511_155003.thumb.jpg.a9069642f6ee0b47ed7993653b9274e1.jpg

This is my recent gardening efforts potted and planted all those this afternoon with help from the kids 😁

I've also washed and polished 2 cars today, ready for my dad's funeral tomorrow 😢

Hope tomorrow isn't too upsetting for you , Elmo , and your head is filled with happy memories of your Dad .

😃

24 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hope tomorrow isn't too upsetting for you , Elmo , and your head is filled with happy memories of your Dad .

😃

Thanks crusian, I'm trying to stay positive about it all, I think they will be he does seem to have left a good imprint on me, 

In other news I've just won a spool of Gardner hydrotuff on fb well chuffed 😁

30 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Thanks crusian, I'm trying to stay positive about it all, I think they will be he does seem to have left a good imprint on me, 

In other news I've just won a spool of Gardner hydrotuff on fb well chuffed 😁

Hope everything goes as well as can be expected tomorrow mate. 

Chin up 

👍🏼

1 hour ago, crusian said:

I believe we're roughly the same age , Smufter , so I'm pleased that you have longer to think things through ( hope that doesn't come over as patronising 😃) .

Roll on Wednesday ! .

😁

You're not 64 are you geezer??? 

😱😱😱😱😱