Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

Ah, that's what i like about this site, even at 50 i'm not surrounded by whippersnappers with dodgey looking beards, fun fact growing a beard in Coventry was frowned apon years back unless you was a copper or something similar you would not get a job unless you shaved.

Oh if you was wondering just how busy some lakes will be tomorrow just seen a guy on FB asking if the rivers are opening as well, going to be fun. 

9 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Ah, that's what i like about this site, even at 50 i'm not surrounded by whippersnappers with dodgey looking beards, fun fact growing a beard in Coventry was frowned apon years back unless you was a copper or something similar you would not get a job unless you shaved.

Oh if you was wondering just how busy some lakes will be tomorrow just seen a guy on FB asking if the rivers are opening as well, going to be fun. 

There are a lot of morons on fb, I've noticed a lot these last few days 😭

Whilst having a shave today I came up with the slogun "you ain't a real man till you have to also trim your eyebrows" 😂

Do you think it will catch on 🙄

2 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

When I first started roofing I had some stubble, trying to grow my first proper beard. My boss told me to shave it off or go home, he would not have some crusty working with him 😂😂😂

I’m looking at buying a boat soon and going out sea fishing this year. I’ve got a feeling fishing on lakes is gonna be hard this year with all the social distancing and rules etc so I probably won’t be bothering lol 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

There are a lot of morons on fb, I've noticed a lot these last few days 😭

Whilst having a shave today I came up with the slogun "you ain't a real man till you have to also trim your eyebrows" 😂

Do you think it will catch on 🙄

It’s the nose hairs that [censored] me off 

they grow quicker than the eyebrows lol

6 hours ago, smufter said:

My Missus has begged me to shave twice through the lockdown so far, and I did as I was asked. Bit cheesed off, 'cos this would look a lot better today if I hadn't bothered. How old skoole carpy would I have looked... 

IMG-20200511-WA0004.jpeg

" Hello John , want a new motor ? " .

" Not from you , you dodgy looking geezer " 

😱

10 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

asking if the rivers are opening as well

Does anyone know if the EA are lifting the closed season?? 

My estate ticket follows EA guidelines, so I will have to wait until next month to get down there. 

No way Al I going anywhere near any day ticket waters. My mate said, I wonder what the gates of linear will look like tomorrow morning!! HELL

17 minutes ago, commonly said:

My estate ticket follows EA guidelines, so I will have to wait until next month to get down there. 

No way Al I going anywhere near any day ticket waters. My mate said, I wonder what the gates of linear will look like tomorrow morning!! HELL

The gates won't be that busy as it's now been said by the government there is no night fishing allowed.  This is on the angling trust's Facebook page.  

1 hour ago, commonly said:

Can’t see that happening at all.

club 1 opening 1 water and only 1 side of the lake 15 swims no answers on the others this lake is a mix of day ticket and members also an open access water with public access

club 2 opening most waters on Monday with limits booking on system in place

club 3 waiting for a club statement but will not be for a couple of days

Angling trust have now edited the initial post from some 7hrs ago where it says " probably can't go night fishing " . 

It was edited 5hrs ago and now says " you can go night fishing,  for now". 

So it could all change by morning.  

9 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Angling trust have now edited the initial post from some 7hrs ago where it says " probably can't go night fishing " . 

It was edited 5hrs ago and now says " you can go night fishing,  for now". 

So it could all change by morning.  

I can't believe this all tbh, it's like a rediculous soap opera, Boris gives us permission to go fishing, then people go nuts  bombarding the angling trust with questions about night fishing, and other subjects, just got to Chat to the govt to seek answers, erm no you cant go night fishing anymore 😁 why can't people just be grateful for the small things these days, and why don't people realise when they are well off and stop talking 😭😭😭

Worst of it is, I really want to get out at the minute,begged and got. Permission but my lake doesn't open til Monday I planned to get there early do a lovely 24hour session come home, got my fix spoke to No one, went near no one, safe as houses, now they will have banned fishing completely by then because the fb nods will have ballsed it right up 😭

There are people banging on about people getting caught and getting fined for fishing at night, I cant remember the last time if ever I had my rod licence checked, so I can't imagine a swat team turning up at night to catch those pesky night anglers 😂😁

I’m going to go Thursday to a day ticket venue I think unless club 3 decides to open 

they said a couple of days time for an official statement 

I need to buy my license anyway so I can turbo charge a little bait tomorrow ready to go for club 3

12 minutes ago, smufter said:

Day off from Gardening today, and up nice and early for a day session at the Cottage.

Chances are, I'll be the only one there.

Fingers crossed, this will be going one of two ways lol!!!

😉

Good luck!

The law here in Saskatchewan is fishing is on, but social distancing is still required.  As a result, if you go fishing with someone else, unless you both live in the same house, you can't travel to the venue in the same vehicle.  One of our places is 20 miles away, another 40, another 50, and so on.  The saving grace is fuel is cheap right now.  If we adopt the 'family bubble' model other places have that rule may change.

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I can't believe this all tbh, it's like a rediculous soap opera, Boris gives us permission to go fishing, then people go nuts  bombarding the angling trust with questions about night fishing, and other subjects, just got to Chat to the govt to seek answers, erm no you cant go night fishing anymore 😁 why can't people just be grateful for the small things these days, and why don't people realise when they are well off and stop talking 😭😭😭

Exactly mate. You've been told you can fishing so go, no if's or burt's, just go. If the guidelines change after that then so be it.