Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

1 hour ago, emmcee said:

Exactly mate. You've been told you can fishing so go, no if's or burt's, just go. If the guidelines change after that then so be it. 

You make it sound so simple to understand 😁 I just wish more people would get it 👍

I think they should make anglers take an exam to get a licence, this would surely help thin out the morons, 

Maybe if they fail they could be put into a covid testing plan at least this may sharpen up the gene pool, 😁

3 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

You make it sound so simple to understand 😁 I just wish more people would get it 👍

I think they should make anglers take an exam to get a licence, this would surely help thin out the morons, 

Maybe if they fail they could be put into a covid testing plan at least this may sharpen up the gene pool, 😁

Let's be honest, its half the population at the moment. Too many questions just confuse matters. 

I must admit with the Coronavirus updates etc I find each one easy to understand but then someone else struggles to understand it. Too many people adjust what has been said, for example, " if you can go to work, then you are encouraged to go to work . Try to avoid public transport where or if possible ". Now some people see that as, " I'm being told to go to work even though I can't for whatever reason but the government says I have to" , no the government isn't saying that, its saying "IF" you can go to work then you should try and go to work. Then they think " I can't use public  transport,  but that's how I get to work". No one has said you "CAN'T " use public transport,  they advise to avoid if and where possible.  

Why complicate things, as in fishing, " keep it simple" and adjust when you are told to. 

3 hours ago, Highy said:

Well...the work has stopped on my project, decking boards can only be delivered 13th June 😭.

Then should be done within a few days 👍 bright side is I've booked a 72hr for 28th May 😁😁

Deliveries are a nightmare at the moment.  I ordered some timber to build a filter for my pond, was told it will take 2 weeks, should be here tomorrow. Everything else is here and ready so Fingers crossed the timbers arrive tomorrow.  

29 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Deliveries are a nightmare at the moment.  I ordered some timber to build a filter for my pond, was told it will take 2 weeks, should be here tomorrow. Everything else is here and ready so Fingers crossed the timbers arrive tomorrow.  

It's ridiculous, stone, gravel, sand, wood all sold out.

13th June was earliest date and I ordered Sunday 10th May😂😂

7 hours ago, smufter said:

Day off from Gardening today, and up nice and early for a day session at the Cottage.

Chances are, I'll be the only one there.

Fingers crossed, this will be going one of two ways lol!!!

😉

How's it going ?? 

Anything to report on ?

9 hours ago, emmcee said:

Let's be honest, its half the population at the moment. Too many questions just confuse matters. 

I must admit with the Coronavirus updates etc I find each one easy to understand but then someone else struggles to understand it. Too many people adjust what has been said, for example, " if you can go to work, then you are encouraged to go to work . Try to avoid public transport where or if possible ". Now some people see that as, " I'm being told to go to work even though I can't for whatever reason but the government says I have to" , no the government isn't saying that, its saying "IF" you can go to work then you should try and go to work. Then they think " I can't use public  transport,  but that's how I get to work". No one has said you "CAN'T " use public transport,  they advise to avoid if and where possible.  

Why complicate things, as in fishing, " keep it simple" and adjust when you are told to. 

I'm glad you posted the above , Emmcee , I thought it was just me that thought " it's not that complicated " .

😃

1E89D11A-326E-4ACC-9F4D-A3023B10DB0B.thumb.jpeg.cb60c0464d764f4b7ce62288ed06355a.jpeg

gonna take this little beast out fishing this weekend. I’ve never used an outboard before so been a bit of a learning curve, I spent an hour last night pulling the pull start getting stressed because it wouldn’t start, turns out I didn’t have the air valve open on the fuel tank, I opened it and it started first pull 😂😂😂

13 hours ago, crusian said:

I'm glad you posted the above , Emmcee , I thought it was just me that thought " it's not that complicated " .

😃

You're right, its not complicated.

If anything the media complicates it  the most and that then starts the wave of questions. I've seen/heard the media/journalists, twist/adjust the words that have been said that then gets the public worried. I've watched a few news feeds and I've found 'sky news' the best. The BBC needs to taken off the tv in my opinion 🤣

I have had to put a few irons in the fire see if i cant get a club ticket on a promise i can join after spawning, after last year on day ticket waters not sure i want to do that this year, every time i fished stanwicks i had anglers waiting behind me to pack up for the peg, fair enough, but when i can't get packed up in my own time and my dog takes advantage and does what terriers do best and wonder off the red mist starts to fall, idiot took himself right around mallard lake spent a good half hour out hunting before he came back around my end of the lake, in that time i knew to keep the noise up banging his lead off tree trunks, one bloke had a moan, lol like i'm going to be civil about it and not go into recall mode, 

Stupid dog has has always had a strong independent streak, i used to let him go off on his own in the woods luckily so he knew to keep my bellowing in ear shot. Stanwicks and some other waters are not allowing dogs on for now, until things are back to normal. 

5 minutes ago, dayvid said:

I believe its the Media that are always looking for that Negative story and when they find one they run with , thus scaring people into decisions they would have never made .

Agree 100%. 

Hopefully get the rods out soon so I won't have to watch or listen to it. Just not sure if to hit the beach or lake. 

11 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Agree 100%. 

Hopefully get the rods out soon so I won't have to watch or listen to it. Just not sure if to hit the beach or lake. 

I understand parking is an issue in Dorset with the council closing them, or keeping them closed  , making Chesil beach difficult  .

18 minutes ago, dayvid said:

I understand parking is an issue in Dorset with the council closing them, or keeping them closed  , making Chesil beach difficult  .

Yes I've seen that, thanks. My nearest beach is just over an hour which is  hayling island so I'll head down there if I go. 

10 minutes ago, emmcee said:

Yes I've seen that, thanks. My nearest beach is just over an hour which is  hayling island so I'll head down there if I go. 

Read a couple of reports  on World sea fishing from Hayling , you should be ok their for parking , not sure theirs much coming out though .

6 minutes ago, dayvid said:

Read a couple of reports  on World sea fishing from Hayling , you should be ok their for parking , not sure theirs much coming out though .

Yes saw them myself.  Looks like chances of the odd smoothie or ray if I'm lucky. Always the odd doggie about. Must admit I've never blanked down hayling island (always a first time though) so it's my go to beach. I always or try to fish the same groin everytime,  it always does me fish. 

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

We went there to pick up an engine years ago and we came to the same conclusion, had some exotic foreign fish and chips 😂

🤣, take your passport and a euro or 2 and you'll think you've been to eastern Europe 🤣

That said the fish and chip shop on the seafront is one of the best I've been too. Fish is always cooked spot on. I'm wondering if I actually go there for the fishing or the grub 🤣