Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Locked Down/In (Not Avid ๐Ÿ˜‚)

Just now, emmcee said:

๐Ÿคฃ, take your passport and a euro or 2 and you'll think you've been to eastern Europe ๐Ÿคฃ

That said the fish and chip shop on the seafront is one of the best I've been too. Fish is always cooked spot on. I'm wondering if I actually go there for the fishing or the grub ๐Ÿคฃ

They were spot on the fish and chips well worth visiting for would make a blank acceptable ๐Ÿ‘

1 minute ago, elmoputney said:

They were spot on the fish and chips well worth visiting for would make a blank acceptable ๐Ÿ‘

Exactly mate.ย  Not only that just a day out in the fresh sea air will do me, a fish would be a bonus.ย 

I went down the lake yesterday to see a few mates (social distancing of course), so much so that I didn't even get a cup of tea out of any of them ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿคฃ. But I was glad to get out for more than an hour in different surroundings than just the garden or shopping.ย ย 

12 hours ago, smufter said:

Blankety Blank cheque book and pen!!

ย 

But was it good to get back to White Cottage , and get back into the swing of things , Smufter ? .

I grabbed 2 floater rods , and when I went to assemble my free lining floater rod I found that I didn't have a spool on my reelย ๐Ÿ™„ย 

15 hours ago, dayvid said:

Your kidding me โ€ฆ.. People actually get out their carsย ๐Ÿ˜€ no way.

I try to limit it to the pyramids or fun fair, only!

Still need a good bath & decontamination when I get home though ๐Ÿ˜‚

2 hours ago, emmcee said:

I've been a bit busy myself. Finally got my timber delivery so I set about building a gravel/ plant filter for my pond.ย 

Before,

Screenshot_20200517-082400_Gallery.thumb.jpg.b1638334121baa027285677cc7e2228c.jpg

And the finished filter. Water has cleared up already so very pleased with the result. Just need to tidy up the oxygen lines.ย 

Screenshot_20200517-082256_Gallery.thumb.jpg.7dc29ae24fa98cfb68d5710b15381155.jpgScreenshot_20200517-082308_Gallery.thumb.jpg.09640e17dbe9953c2759756bf0c2ddb9.jpg

Awsome, how long did your delivery take?

On 11/05/2020 at 08:09, Highy said:

I'm sticking until the week I'm off at the end of May, still don't think it's time to ease anything.

Fisherys cannot sort things in 2 days to adhere to all the anglers what will swamp ANY lake/pond.

ย 

I was planned for a 72hr next Tuesday, reduced to a 48hr due to Funeral Friday Morning.

Few mates already been out smashing it, but at distance. Only allowed 6 people to this lake next week and there's me and 3 mates so we've took 75% (ish) up already, hopefully good swims and some fish.

Set out Tuesday morning and be home Thursday night.

Well.....Yesterday came home and was told "New couch coming Thursday" ok, need get rid of old en, put it in a site n boom went in 30mins (Hopefully rods will too on Tuesday).

Then she says, oooo need to gloss skirting boards now, well....Skirting, Door frames, Kitchen all glossed, THEN walls look dull she says, all living room walls painted....now in with Window Ledge then done...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

11 minutes ago, Highy said:

Well.....Yesterday came home and was told "New couch coming Thursday" ok, need get rid of old en, put it in a site n boom went in 30mins (Hopefully rods will too on Tuesday).

Then she says, oooo need to gloss skirting boards now, well....Skirting, Door frames, Kitchen all glossed, THEN walls look dull she says, all living room walls painted....now in with Window Ledge then done...๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ

I'm starting to think it's in my favour to do jobs badly ๐Ÿ˜‚

1 hour ago, commonly said:

I hate decorating so much the missus took pity on me today and took over doing all the wood work on the landing and staircase!!ย 

Right touch!!ย 

I was only doing it as a sweetener for going fishing all of next weekend ๐Ÿ˜‰

Jesus....if I did everything as a sweetener, I'd be in the bank for a year ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚...

She reckons 48hrs is too long...wait until July when I maybe out for 5 nights, not mentioned it yet ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ

5 hours ago, finchey said:

You are going to have a big list of jobs for that highy.๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

There in thick n fast now, main 1 is the chill out / seating bar area place, no decking until mid June, finish some more pointing at front, new fence panels in back garden, re-stain both deckings, etc etc etc