Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

51 minutes ago, Highy said:

IMG_20200613_163237.thumb.jpg.fac0dc73e9ff7bd52dc799a62e22c257.jpg

Should be finished this week, I'm on daft shifts this week...6pm - 2am...off Friday...so should be done by then...out Saturday night for another session 🎣🎣🎣

That looks amazing mate great work, many happy memories to come at Highys bar I think 👍🍺🍺🍺🍺

7 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

That's absolutely amazing Highy, I love it, what a creation to have in your garden, 👍👍👍🍺🍺🍺🍺🍺

Opening night is Saturday night....I won't be there, I be fishing..😁😁

49 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Well I've had some good news today I've survived the first round of redundancies, so I still have a job for the time being, so that's one less stress for a while 

That's excellent news I'm made up for you, a few beers tonight to celebrate in order I think. 😁👍

So my plans for a lathe in my cupboard have been shot down, not really fair to have a lathe on the other side of me neighbors living room, so not to be beaten by the woman i knocked this up, i give you the Floating Podtm you can set it up in any swim and drop anchor,  it is just a working model at the mo until i can get some water camo piping. 

83444301_3257700187787564_8035347182761185344_o.jpg

21 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

So my plans for a lathe in my cupboard have been shot down, not really fair to have a lathe on the other side of me neighbors living room, so not to be beaten by the woman i knocked this up, i give you the Floating Podtm you can set it up in any swim and drop anchor,  it is just a working model at the mo until i can get some water camo piping. 

That has potential 

great thinking 

1 hour ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Its a good idea, when you say drop anchor will it stay rigid my only concern may be that the alarms would be Constantly going off due to the waves and movement on the surface of the water moving the bobbins, good thinking though 👍

3 hours ago, framey said:

That has potential 

great thinking 

Might put a V shape support on the front, that way you could dock a bait boat under the rods, the next folded handles fashion.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Its a good idea, when you say drop anchor will it stay rigid my only concern may be that the alarms would be Constantly going off due to the waves and movement on the surface of the water moving the bobbins, good thinking though 👍

I don't know, might get kind of rhythmic after a while sounding off to the lap of the chop. 

42 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Might put a V shape support on the front, that way you could dock a bait boat under the rods, the next folded handles fashion.

I don't know, might get kind of rhythmic after a while sounding off to the lap of the chop. 

You would  need to invent some bite alarms that have pan pipe sounds or other weird hippy vibes to make that relaxing 😂,

Nash will do a drum and bass bite alarm when that goes off, it will go off 😎😎😎🤯

Day off today took the family for a walk round ferry lagoon home of the British record bream , what a lovely place that is, 

I also had an eye test and had to get old man varifocals aaaagh, there is nothing good when it comes to getting old, 🤓 especially the added cost of varifocals 😭

Finally managed to get the new retaining wall finished this week. Hard work!! Looking a bit of a mess again at the moment, but apparently it's supposed to get worse before it gets better!!!

Got to level the soil in the top tier by backfilling behind the wall this coming week, and also going to put a smaller retaining wall around the tier on the right behind the boulders. Should be fun. And a lot more light getting on the garden now that the big tree has been taken down. New shed on order to replace the monstrosity you can see. Going to look a lot better when that's in place!

Wall 1.jpg

Wall 2.jpg

Edited by smufter
21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Day off today took the family for a walk round ferry lagoon home of the British record bream , what a lovely place that is, 

I also had an eye test and had to get old man varifocals aaaagh, there is nothing good when it comes to getting old, 🤓 especially the added cost of varifocals 😭

Well when you're older , Elmo , you have reduced fishing club  membership  to look forward to , and with your free bus pass no need to take the car as long as your water is on the bus route .

😁

21 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Have you had the C4 film crew up your chuffer or tinky winky yet Geezer??? That's a sure sign of getting old. 

And Asda for your varifocals mate. Take it from me. Brilliant service and prices.

3 minutes ago, smufter said:

Have you had the C4 film crew up your chuffer or tinky winky yet Geezer??? That's a sure sign of getting old. 

And Asda for your varifocals mate. Take it from me. Brilliant service and prices.

Ha ha no not yet, that's something to look forward too I suppose 😁

I had to go for a proper opticians as my last pair from specsavers weren't right tbh, I just wanted my prescription bang on this time 

16 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well when you're older , Elmo , you have reduced fishing club  membership  to look forward to , and with your free bus pass no need to take the car as long as your water is on the bus route .

😁

I might be able to get there once and come back an hour or week later by bus 😁