Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

My mate chopped a beech tree down last year , so after watching my share slowly rot , i have decided to make my own bbq , just stand on its end and run a chainsaw down about 10 inches , make a small fire on top , all the hot embers fall down , and you are ready to go , just trying to limit the amount of unnecessary trips , gas etc ! i am hoping that being a hardwood i can get at least 10 bbq's out of it ! 

log bbq 1.jpg

log bbq 2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Mainly been looking at Sonik SKtek Arm chairs, need a good chair.

Also in 2 minds to sell my 2 man bivvy( used about 5 times) and the Fox Brolly and purchase the new Sonik AXS Brolly and Overwrap ?

Been up since 6, Just finished Sorting Front n Back Garden, Painted Shed, Relayed some Patio Curbs.

Edited by Highy
4 minutes ago, Highy said:

Also in 2 minds to sell my 2 man bivvy( used about 5 times) and the Fox Brolly and purchase the new Sonik AXS Brolly and Overwrap ?

Been up since 6, Just finished Sorting Front n Back Garden, Painted Shed, Relayed some Patio Curbs.

You got to pace yourself Highly save the jobs for when you bored can’t be  running out of them  .... also my better half could read this post and that could give her ideas. 😳

15 minutes ago, Big Bass said:

pace yourself Highly save the jobs for when you bored can’t be  running out of them  

Agree, the paint is staying in the shed until I've completely run out of little jobs. Hopefully it will stay there! I'd rather watch it dry than put it on, having been a decorator when I left school, painting is like pulling teeth for me😩

2 hours ago, Highy said:

Have a look at cyprinus Highy you can get a much better quality bivvy for less I think, 20,000mm hydrostatic head is pretty much standard whereas the aks is 10,000mm hh and more expensive you can get some great deals on ebay from tackle discounts 😏

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

We went for a family walk round the village this morning so quiet, spotted 45 rainbows and 33 teddies in windows and the girls waved at a couple of there friends through the windows, very strange times but nice to sense the community spirit is flowing 

Just come back from walking dog, seen a few of these too.

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Have a look at cyprinus Highy you can get a much better quality bivvy for less I think, 20,000mm hydrostatic head is pretty much standard whereas the aks is 10,000mm hh and more expensive you can get some great deals on ebay from tackle discounts 😏

Will have a look. Mrs on the House Party app tonight with friend's. 

Just found a use for the silver pole, going to grow a spare Clementis i have in a small pot from last year, wrap a bit of mesh around the pole and it will fill out lovely, gets the full sun there.

That's a pear tree at the bottom of the garden, trained the branches to grow upwards from two main stems off the trunk, puts out an amazing amount of fruit, i have an apple tree up the other end that is nearly the same be getting a good shaping this late summer, the plum tree does ok too i let most of the fruit go back onto the ground the flowers i put in love it, the house sits on an old dairy farm site so the ground can hold some water, the trees i put in stop the soil binding up worked a treat.

DSCF0915.JPG

It would nice if you could put a pic up when the garden is in full swing .... is that a yucca plant tree ?? looks about a foot high with leaves from the top.... also what’s the shrub with the fresh red shoots behind the 🍄 good idea for the pole. 👍

10 hours ago, Big Bass said:

It would nice if you could put a pic up when the garden is in full swing .... is that a yucca plant tree ?? looks about a foot high with leaves from the top.... also what’s the shrub with the fresh red shoots behind the 🍄 good idea for the pole. 👍

The large bushy thing against the back fence is a blue bottle brush puts out a very vivid blue flower had it nearly 20 years it was once living on the sixteenth floor of a block of flats in the city centre.

The red thing popping up is a peony with a rose bush in each corner the one you called a Yucca is either the few tulips i have or the bit of tropical grass that is the bane of my garden, just keeps on coming up, it has escaped from a neighbors garden i have left the clump growing out the log only takes a bit of root or a blade of the grass to settle some place  and it will soon take over. 

12 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Just found a use for the silver pole, going to grow a spare Clementis i have in a small pot from last year, wrap a bit of mesh around the pole and it will fill out lovely, gets the full sun there.

That's a pear tree at the bottom of the garden, trained the branches to grow upwards from two main stems off the trunk, puts out an amazing amount of fruit, i have an apple tree up the other end that is nearly the same be getting a good shaping this late summer, the plum tree does ok too i let most of the fruit go back onto the ground the flowers i put in love it, the house sits on an old dairy farm site so the ground can hold some water, the trees i put in stop the soil binding up worked a treat.

DSCF0915.JPG

Nice,a few rocks round the root of the clematis if it’s full sun and your laffin. 😬😎🌺🌸🌷💐🍄

Well it’s been 7 days ... only 7 days .... I mean just 7 days ! ...and the other half wants me to decorate....I nod my head and let her down gently ( well you got to she can bite ) Iv been looking forward to do a bit I says but i had had to leave all the gear on site ( I shake my head in disappointment ) aww that’s ok can’t be helped she says 

Almost happy days 👍