Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Highy

Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

2 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Looks tidy how much is a season ticket mucka 😄😄

Age dont come on it's own guys lol white finger plays havoc in the cold   passed the film crew test hahahaha it's the walking the Barrow for miles without the aid of someone giving me a lift   but keeps me fit 

6 hours ago, smufter said:

The one up your chuffbox is a right gas mate. You'll be ripping them off for England. Embarrassing or what 😚

I guess the main thing is being all clear though best safe and all that, should probably go and get checked 

20 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I might be able to get there once and come back an hour or week later by bus 😁

Well if you bring your Girls up proper it will be , " Daddy shall we run you down to the lake ? , Daddy can we carry your gear ? " - " Thank you Girls , now Daddys' shoulder is a bit stiff today , could you just wang out 100 baits with my throwing stick ? ,  then you can go home " .

If the buses only run once a week I guess you'll just have to stay down the lake ? .

😁

18 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well if you bring your Girls up proper it will be , " Daddy shall we run you down to the lake ? , Daddy can we carry your gear ? " - " Thank you Girls , now Daddys' shoulder is a bit stiff today , could you just wang out 100 baits with my throwing stick ? ,  then you can go home " .

If the buses only run once a week I guess you'll just have to stay down the lake ? .

😁

That sounds quite far fetched lol, probably more chance of them becoming unicorn jockeys at the minute than a ghillie 😁 I am trying though, there are a few years till they need to borrow my car as well 😂

On 25/07/2020 at 05:54, smufter said:

Finally managed to get the new retaining wall finished this week. Hard work!! Looking a bit of a mess again at the moment, but apparently it's supposed to get worse before it gets better!!!

Got to level the soil in the top tier by backfilling behind the wall this coming week, and also going to put a smaller retaining wall around the tier on the right behind the boulders. Should be fun. And a lot more light getting on the garden now that the big tree has been taken down. New shed on order to replace the monstrosity you can see. Going to look a lot better when that's in place!

Wall 1.jpg

Wall 2.jpg

What a transformation , Smufter ! .

😃

6 hours ago, Carpmaster said:

Looking good butty  allways looks worse before it looks better

Backfilling behind the retaining wall tomorrow to help level that soil on the top tier a bit. 
Will then run a two sleeper high smaller wall all the way along the back about 3 feet out from the fence to give me a raised bed which will help hide up the gravel boards. 
Also planning another two sleeper high retaining wall around the "third" tier, (the one with the large rocks at the front), to stop earth falling onto the steps and to allow us to raise and level that bed too.
Seems like a lot of sleepers, but it's the only effective way that we can deal with a garden with such a severe slope to it.
The "rusty maze" wall art you can see will be mounted on the bigger retaining wall once the wood has been stained.
There's not a lot we can do about the scruffy lawn this year, going to attack that in the autumn so that it should be good for next Summer.
Just concentrating on the main parts at the moment, the lawn can wait a bit.

3 hours ago, smufter said:

Backfilling behind the retaining wall tomorrow to help level that soil on the top tier a bit. 
Will then run a two sleeper high smaller wall all the way along the back about 3 feet out from the fence to give me a raised bed which will help hide up the gravel boards. 
Also planning another two sleeper high retaining wall around the "third" tier, (the one with the large rocks at the front), to stop earth falling onto the steps and to allow us to raise and level that bed too.
Seems like a lot of sleepers, but it's the only effective way that we can deal with a garden with such a severe slope to it.
The "rusty maze" wall art you can see will be mounted on the bigger retaining wall once the wood has been stained.
There's not a lot we can do about the scruffy lawn this year, going to attack that in the autumn so that it should be good for next Summer.
Just concentrating on the main parts at the moment, the lawn can wait a bit.

Old railway sleepers I used to use to good effect   landscape gardening was my job for yrs lol I loved being outside    it will look really nice when it's done an settled   the grass wont take you long it's very resilient is grass lol

22 minutes ago, Carpmaster said:

Old railway sleepers I used to use to good effect   landscape gardening was my job for yrs lol I loved being outside    it will look really nice when it's done an settled   the grass wont take you long it's very resilient is grass lol

As an "ex" landscape gardener maybe you could answer a question for me mate.

As far as the "top tier" I'm planning to put in, which will be two sleepers high.  I don't really want to go to the expense and work of putting concrete posts in again, so was planning on drilling through them and fixing them in place with 3 12mm rebars going straight through each and going about 24" into the ground. They won't be under too much pressure by the way. Do you reckon this would work?

11 minutes ago, smufter said:

As an "ex" landscape gardener maybe you could answer a question for me mate.

As far as the "top tier" I'm planning to put in, which will be two sleepers high.  I don't really want to go to the expense and work of putting concrete posts in again, so was planning on drilling through them and fixing them in place with 3 12mm rebars going straight through each and going about 24" into the ground. They won't be under too much pressure by the way. Do you reckon this would work?

Yes I used to use rebar and drill through the sleepers and sledge the bar into the ground about foot an a half to 2 foot  is plenty 

Another 2020 happening, my misses is being made redundant today, I also used her car yesterday it wouldn't start on the way home, think it needs a new battery now 😭

2020 its kicked more balls than Gazza

I am really trying to stay positive BTW 😊

Edited by elmoputney

21 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Another 2020 happening, my misses is being made redundant today, I also used her car yesterday it wouldn't start on the way home, think it needs a new battery now 😭

This year has to go down as 1 of the worst years in history by far. 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Keep your chin up butty hope things get better soon 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles Elmo, life can be hard on all of us at some point, this year has been particularly difficult for a lot of people, I hope everything works out for you and your family and fingers crossed your wife might come out of it with a better job. 🤞🤞🤞

27 minutes ago, finchey said:

Sorry to hear about your troubles Elmo, life can be hard on all of us at some point, this year has been particularly difficult for a lot of people, I hope everything works out for you and your family and fingers crossed your wife might come out of it with a better job. 🤞🤞🤞

I love your positive , " glass half full " attitude , Finchey .

Do you have an update on young Flint pls. ? .

😃

48 minutes ago, crusian said:

I love your positive , " glass half full " attitude , Finchey .

Do you have an update on young Flint pls. ? .

😃

He is still at the vets and will be for at least the next couple of days, he wasn't eating apparently loss of appetite is normal after manger surgery, so last night the poor fella ended up having another opp to fit a feeding tube from the side of his neck down into his stomach, so he has taken a step backwards but is is being feed now, so he should start to pick up in the next couple of days. He hadn't eaten for 5 days so it was a matter of having to get some food into him. He may be able to come home in a couple of days but we will have to feed him through the tube, but it will just be great to get him home and give him some well deserved love.🤞🤞

Thanks for asking crusian.👍

1 hour ago, finchey said:

Totally agree, I'm really trying to keep positive, I'm sure it will be fine in the long run, I think I've been through so much this year, I've just accepted anything can happen, but you have to keep smiling and just remember there are still people worse off, got the car to the garage looks like it's the battery 😭

Glad to hear your little one is recovering hopefully the food will get him recovering quicker, will be nice to see home again that will help him no end keep us informed 👍