Locked Down/In (Not Avid 😂)

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some gardening is tasty ! 😬😎 Use to luv my allotment 

Trying my hand at match fishing.........................    

My twitchering is coming along, real easy this one just sit in the garden with a cuppa and snap a few pics, no camo wear needed. blue *** has been doing some work widening the entrance, sounds like a

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, commonly said:

With a little help from my boys, dug this out in the last week. Still needs a bit more work and hope to get a few fish in due course. Hoping to keep it as a natural pond. 

DSC_0151.JPG

I wonder if you're just in time for a frog or a toad to discover your pond and start producing lots of tadpoles ? .

😃

3 hours ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Finally, the rat that was visiting my garden has gone and what a laugh that was, the rat had been coming into the garden looking for hedgehog food, i offered to deal with it but she had to be all Chris Packham about it and got one of those Big Cheese rat traps. Well it turned into a learning process for both parties and fun to watch, the rat has be mugging her off for weeks getting in and out the trap with the goods before the door shut. Finally listened to a bit of advice, oil the trap's moving parts and spread a good amount of nutela on the plate like it was toast. Boom first night and that's where the fun starts.

I'm sitting on the sofa looking at maple trees, honest, all i heared was two shrills of terror, WTF, i goes out the door and the Mrs is jabbering on about it's in there? She went up to the trap and the door was closed so she thought the rat had done her again and lifted the trap up, it was then the screaming started. Gets the rat indoors and asked her, so what now? Take it someplace and let it go, but we are on lock down and its late , i say. don't care was her reply get rid. So i put the cadge down by the front door while i got ready, took my own sweet time too i'll tell ya. She calms down a bit and says, i'll just have a look and say by?? Bends down had puts her face up to the cadge for a look, the rat just flew at her with its teeth bared and just attacked the bars on the cadge, she freaked, finally realised Rats ain't Bunny Rabbits. Rats are my job now and the Big Cheese trap is retired. lol.

Oh and the first industrial estate i went to had a traffic police car sitting at the entrance, so i went else where, as i drove by i thought great i'm out in my car at night got gloves a torch and screwdriver on the front seat with a rat in a cadge in a shopping bag, that would by a tough walk away in normal times, never mind with all this going on. 

My Wife and I enjoyed your post , Carpbell , helped by our own rat encounter .

We were staying at our Sons' bungalow last year at the time of the floods .

My Wife normally wakes up at the sound of a pin dropping , but it was me that heard the scurrying sound on the window ledge behind our heads ( bedheads under the window that looks out onto the back garden ) . Ah I thought it's a mouse ( my Son having had problems with mice before ) . I pull back the curtain - nothing , more noise , can't see anything my Wife wakes up picks up her duvet and goes off to another room . Big brave fisherman ( yes that's me ! ) stays in the Bedroom until the noise  gets too much and I take my duvet and join my Wife .

So the Bedroom door stays shut , and the trap isn't trapping , until one day my Wife says " I went into the bedroom and there was a brown flash , I think it's a rat ! " . Well I say " no,  rats are grey or brown , must be a mouse "  ( what a muppet ! ) .

Finally the trap works , during the day , and there's a young ? brown rat , not like the rats of my youth , but rather a smart and presentable rat .

😃

2 hours ago, Highy said:

I hate not doing nothing, hopefully a few carp jobs this week.

I got proactive and took apart the bait rolling Station/dumping desk in the garage this afternoon now I can finish putting up my shelves,

kids are in the garden splashing in the sprinkler I told them it was fake grass and it doesn't need watering but they didn't seem to care 😁

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I hate not doing nothing, hopefully a few carp jobs this week.

We're busy doin' nothin'
Workin' the whole day through
Tryin' to find lots of things not to do
We're busy goin' nowhere
Isn't it just a crime
We'd like to be unhappy, but
We never do have the time
I have to watch the river
To see that it doesn't stop
And stick around the rosebuds
So they'll know when to pop
And keep the crickets cheerful
They're really a solemn bunch
Hustle, bustle
And only an hour for lunch
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la
La-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la-la

😁

Another social distancing first for me last night, 

We did a quiz with some friends online via zoom, was quite good fun, and I drank the most I've drunk all year 4 whole beers 😬😬😬😁 

We didn't win though,but did choose the best quiz question of the night 

A penectomy is the removal of what? 

No googling the answers 😁

Edited by elmoputney
7 hours ago, elmoputney said:

We did a quiz with some friends online via zoom, was quite good fun, and I drank the most I've drunk all year 4 whole beers 😬😬😬😁 

Id hazard a guess at [censored]. 

8 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Removing a pen out of Tomy  .... easy  🙄

Is anyone else really starting to feel the pinch at the moment? I really want to angle again 😢

I've been deciding ways in my head today, of being able to make visiting the lake exercise lol, I've hought of getting a bike and lycra just to claim its exercise, sewing a secret pocket for boilies In a camelpak 😁 oogh electric bike save on the peddling :)

I snapped my bike chain though on my MB, and I don't fancy it on my BMX cruiser 😁

I probably could get to the secret lake though on it is guesting at night on lockdown more illegal than normal guesting? 

Seriously I won't do any of this I will stay safe and locked up, just letting my imagination run free 🏃

45 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Is anyone else really starting to feel the pinch at the moment? I really want to angle again 😢

I've been deciding ways in my head today, of being able to make visiting the lake exercise lol, I've hought of getting a bike and lycra just to claim its exercise, sewing a secret pocket for boilies In a camelpak 😁 oogh electric bike save on the peddling :)

I snapped my bike chain though on my MB, and I don't fancy it on my BMX cruiser 😁

I probably could get to the secret lake though on it is guesting at night on lockdown more illegal than normal guesting? 

Seriously I won't do any of this I will stay safe and locked up, just letting my imagination run free 🏃

I'm trying not to let my imagination run free at the thought of you dressed in lycra , Elmo .

😱

24 minutes ago, framey said:

I snapped at the wife today simply because we can’t do what we normally would.

silly little things are starting to wind me up now 

I know what you mean there, I'm setting up a hiding place in the garage for those times, I've even thought about doing a Highy and doing some DIY stuff 🤔

I just got repeatedly hit by a 4yo when playing tickle monster and in the face too 😬

29 minutes ago, crusian said:

That Elmo has a nasty streak in him , Dayvid .

😁

I'm just misunderstood 😁

3 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I know what you mean there, I'm setting up a hiding place in the garage for those times, I've even thought about doing a Highy and doing some DIY stuff 🤔

I just got repeatedly hit by a 4yo when playing tickle monster and in the face too 😬

I'm just misunderstood 😁

No , your 4 yr. old understands you perfectly well , Elmo , that's why she slapped you in the face .

😁

20 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Is anyone else really starting to feel the pinch at the moment?

Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I had an awesome bank holiday weekend with the family, but the lack of bank time is certainly getting to me. I think any keen carp angler starts to feel it pretty quickly when it's taken away😔

Edited by yonny

Well so far the garden is looking pretty awesome even dug out and re-seeded the lawn which is a massive 2x2 M. decided i needed to give the motor a good run yesterday so I blasted down the 45 got the M42 at the NEC and headed for the M40 stayed on that until the A46 and came back up that to Kenilworth, as i came off the 46 a police van was also heading into kenilworth, i gets to the woods where i walk the dog went to pull in put the motor in reverse looked behind me and boom there they were, fair play they just reversed up a bit to let me park and went on their way.